The biggest COCK on the block- the AN-22

Thread: The biggest COCK on the block- the AN-22

Members +
    Blog Entries

The biggest COCK on the block- the AN-22

OK. I've got way too many projects on the go. I love the AN-22. What a great beast of a machine. The Samdim model from FS2002 was a favorite, terrific modeling.
    The animations scrambled when converted to MDL X, though. As I had done all the scut work with props and whatnot, I zipped it and put it into dead storage pending a resolution. Arno comes through again. The latest iteration of MCX eliminates the zero point animation string errors, we've got a good export.
    Attachment 56387
    All native materials, it's all working, I've got a re-positioned BEAR VC matched to position. The cfg and FDE is a mess. Wont accelerate past 40 kts, wont fly.
    Now, I'm up to my eyeballs with S-58's and Wessex's. Would some enthusiastic sovietphile be interested in cutting me a HUS, taking this beast in hand and sort the CFG and FDE?
    Shout back here.

SOH-CM-2023
    I might give it a shot. I can probably extrapolate something from a flying aircraft of similar size (Bear?)

Another one for you to take a look at is the old FS 2002/4 Antonov 74 by Dimitri Samborski. Piglet's AN-32 cockpit would probably work with a few gauge changes.
    You can't take the sky from me...

Oh yes, the Antonov 72/74 would benefit from some care and attention, especially the VC.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Members +
    Blog Entries
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HL...hR5OA8FKSeH0hf

It's got the interim VC. Now, I frobbed the cfg for dimensions, props, power, performance, contact points, geometry- goes pretty good. It the nose gear points still aren't right, and needs some work- if you guys could get that sorted, we'll have a pretty decent COCK. A big, big COCK. Just look at the size of that COCK!
    We can just write that, over and over with impunity...
    The problem in the NLG seems to be in the contact point data, after the vertical impact threshold- I've made it worse, now its better, but still not right- you'll see.
    The physical locations are correct, the MOI is approximately ballpark for its weights. Test flying and massaging, now. Then I can get back to the Wessex.
    Yeah- AN-72- on the list. VC-Thought of the -32 VC, just faster to bang in the BEAR- though I did move it to the correct position in relation to the external model.
    Ramp- Shift E
    Crew door_ shift E2
    tail loading feet and travelling crane Tailhook.
    Reversing works, it'll back up. Unprepared field performance is quite good at lower weights- haven't done any flying at heavy weights yet.
    Did a bit of fix up on the skins, sanded off all the bogon FARC maxist marks, 2 soviet AF schemes, one for 'Fudpucker Stalinist Airlines'- these would benefit greatly by being re-sized and re-worked, the night maps need work.
    It displays very well, and the model is really, really nice- astoundingly tight, smooth mesh that looks great. With some texture work, maybe bumps-easy to put in- this would be not only the largest COCK on the block, but a smashing rendition of this machine- possibly the meanest and best looking turboprop ever, certainly one of the coolest Soviet-era machines.
    Merry christmas, you capitalist pig-dogs.
    Attachment 56532Attachment 56533Attachment 56534Attachment 56535Attachment 56536

Members who have read this thread: 0