A2A Statement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A2A Statement

A2A Statement

For those you have not visited their forums lately they have announced that they are due to release two Accu-sim aircraft early next year plus more info about what is going on over there in the same thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Burnside View Post
    For those you have not visited their forums lately they have announced that they are due to release two Accu-sim aircraft early next year plus more info about what is going on over there in the same thread.
    Maybe a link?
    http://a2asimulations.com/forum/view...p?f=23&t=62386
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Interesting in a vague sort of way, 2 planes/jets/helicopters ??? coming out next year, they will be A2A good and for those that like them, I have the Cub, 182 and Cherokee, they will probly pony up and grab them.
    I'm still seriously torn on what [ath I go, P3Dv4 or XP11, got email from iBlueYonder saying that Plum and Minute Man are available for XP11 now but A2A and others are all going P3Dv4 so I don't know.

Either way I will be watching to see what ever they come out with, haven't been interested in any of their latest craft but that's just personal choice, their planes are top notch and you can't go wrong with them.
    You take it easy.. and have a nice day

Sorry I forgot to attach the link I had to be up early so a kind of rushed post once I had read the statement. Im really hoping one of them is the Hawker Hurricane with it being the RAFs 100th birthday in 2018 would be a great release if it is hope the package includes the Hurri Bomber.

Interesting announcement: "We would like to announce that we can't say anything about what we're doing for 2018". . ."but you know it'll be great", lol

A2A is in a class all by itself. To paraphrase a post in response to their announcement. . .There's A2A. . .and then everyone else is a distant second. If A2A got any more detailed with their aircraft they'd have to start building the real thing. Great folks, great aircraft (although the GA track they've been on is getting a bit old), great support, but they have gone beyond the casual simmer in both systems integration/accusim and pricing. That's not a slap at them, simply an observation on how far beyond the other developers they have placed themselves.

I'm sure whatever they are building in those secret hangars will be amazing.

Current System Specs:

I wonder if they have cracked the supersonic dynamics they have been grappling with ?

"Accusim" - is highly successful marketing. Scott had done a wonderful job of growing his business into something extraordinary. I enjoy their products as much as the next guy. But I completely disagree with the statement "there's A2A and then everyone else". If you get right down to it, what does "Accusim" currently actually do? Is models fuel, electrical, oil, piston powered engine parameters, such as CHT, compression, anything with a gauge in the cockpit. And it uses custom code rather than stock FSX/P3D code to achieve the result via simconnect. Any custom code like persistent aircraft states and maintenance options are also lumped into the overall Accusim umbrella, which many other developers have also created.

The Milviz F-4E ADV Phantom series is on par with and dare I say beyond any Accusim bird. It simply isn't marketed the same way. The aircraft is so highly detailed, and accurate, in terms of what you are seeing in the VC it's actually quite scary those guys were able to reproduce that airplane in terms of "physics driven" to another level completely. Dynamic J79 jet engine, dynamic FDE including supersonic, transonic and subsonic aerodynamics. Structural icing, bird ingestion, almost 100% system functionality. For a bird that had a flight control system that uses a bellows crank, and had a real modeled SAS, this is impressive. Same goes with the T-38 ADV.

I'm not saying that what A2A has done or is doing is not fantastic, it most definitely is! But don't be manipulated by marketing tactics into thinking they are the best or most accurate. They are very good no doubt. Just because you get a contract to make an actual simulator doesn't mean the simulation is the best. Just ask anyone whose used a FRASCA FTD in real life... Lol.

I'm very excited for their stuff to be v4 ready. I'm not an A2A hater. I really enjoy all their stuff. I find Scott to be very friendly, and their customer service to be excellent. I'm just giving another perspective. I for one am very excited for their warbirds to make it into P3D finally! And maybe they'll be TP capable to boot!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

regardless, im sold either way my only gripe with A2A no Super Connie

but looking forward to their spitfire, as there has been nothing i personally feel even could be considered in the same class

Hiya,

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    "Accusim" - is highly successful marketing. Scott had done a wonderful job of growing his business into something extraordinary. I enjoy their products as much as the next guy. But I completely disagree with the statement "there's A2A and then everyone else". If you get right down to it, what does "Accusim" currently actually do? Is models fuel, electrical, oil, piston powered engine parameters, such as CHT, compression, anything with a gauge in the cockpit. And it uses custom code rather than stock FSX/P3D code to achieve the result via simconnect. Any custom code like persistent aircraft states and maintenance options are also lumped into the overall Accusim umbrella, which many other developers have also created.
    Think this is too simply put, the A2A flight dynamics are also special with the movement of the airframe ect. make a landing in the A2A havard... the feel and sound you get can not be found so quickly in such a complete packet anywere else.

After flown A2A GA and warbirds, other aircraft feel "FLAT" can not think of a other word(s) to describe it.

Kind regards,

Marcel

The only way A2A could get my attention is if they re-start the military jet projects which were shelved 3 years ago. Judging by the WIP images, their F-4D, F-104C and T-33A modelling appeared to be top notch.

Hello,

This looks like another debate on the subject of this or that is the best.
    The more likely classification is this or that is the best for me.

We are all so very different in what we want from a flight simulator and A2A have
    very successfully gone for the "total immersion" factor.

For everyone like me who enjoys the feedback from the aircraft, crew and passengers and
    who doesn't really care so much about how many rivets there are or whether the windscreen wipers have
    the correct blades so long as it looks superb, there is another for whom these things are vital and who finds
    the things I enjoy just an annoying distraction.

I like very much the way that if you do things right, the engines start and if you don't they will not.
    I like even more that they will "run rough", there are not so many simulations that can do that.
    For another, these engine start requirements are annoying at best and of course A2A have catered for
    them too with an autostart button.

There are some truly exceptional aircraft simulations available for all tastes and preferences and for sure, A2A are
    among the very best but there will never be one that satisfies all of the myriad of requirements that we have.
    Regards,
    Nick

"Accusim" - is highly successful marketing.

The Milviz F-4E ADV Phantom series is on par with and dare I say beyond any Accusim bird. It simply isn't marketed the same way. The aircraft is so highly detailed, and accurate, in terms of what you are seeing in the VC it's actually quite scary those guys were able to reproduce that airplane in terms of "physics driven" to another level completely. Dynamic J79 jet engine, dynamic FDE including supersonic, transonic and subsonic aerodynamics. Structural icing, bird ingestion, almost 100% system functionality. For a bird that had a flight control system that uses a bellows crank, and had a real modeled SAS, this is impressive. Same goes with the T-38 ADV.

I'm very excited for their stuff to be v4 ready. I'm not an A2A hater. I really enjoy all their stuff. I find Scott to be very friendly, and their customer service to be excellent. I'm just giving another perspective. I for one am very excited for their warbirds to make it into P3D finally! And maybe they'll be TP capable to boot!
    Agree completely. A2A is a healthy, friendly, customer-centric developer but is not necessarily at the top of every FlightSim heap. Milviz does not get the credit for their technical achievements they deserve because they owner is not squishy friendly.

I was a bit disappointed by the announcement.
    "We're working on two aircraft, but we're not saying which, and we postponed the development, but we can't say why.."
    I'm sure they will be great once they are released, and I bought nearly everything they offered, so there's a good chance I'll buy (and paint) the next ones, but right now I don't really have anything to look forward to except a longer wait..
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Yes, I too am disappointed with the longer wait. As a real life pilot, to me it seems evident what is going on. Scott has entered multi engine flying world. In order to keep up the ability to pay for flying you need lots of cash. I mean lots of cash. As the joke goes: "how do you get a million dollars as a pilot? Start with 10 million!". It's clear that his plan has shifted away from warbirds and military aircraft (and being so passionate about bringing them into the sim) to one of general aviation and focused around his own real world flying experiences. This isn't a bad thing, but it is disappointing for us military slash warbirds lovers. I've not seen ANY news regarding the T-33 or the F4 or 104, in years and years. He's doing the cash cow thing with GA aircraft. At least that's how I see it.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Darn, I thought they were going to make a going out of business statement. LOL. I'm not paying for Scott's flying lessons.

-d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Hi Rick,

Yes, I too am disappointed with the longer wait. As a real life pilot, to me it seems evident what is going on. Scott has entered multi engine flying world. In order to keep up the ability to pay for flying you need lots of cash. I mean lots of cash. As the joke goes: "how do you get a million dollars as a pilot? Start with 10 million!". It's clear that his plan has shifted away from warbirds and military aircraft (and being so passionate about bringing them into the sim) to one of general aviation and focused around his own real world flying experiences. This isn't a bad thing, but it is disappointing for us military slash warbirds lovers. I've not seen ANY news regarding the T-33 or the F4 or 104, in years and years. He's doing the cash cow thing with GA aircraft. At least that's how I see it.
    Last two release were the T-6 Texan/Harvard (a warbird to some extend) and the L-049 Connie... think you can not call those GA aircraft.
    Believe all the "jets" came sidetracked because of troubles in getting the jetengine and mach-speed modeling right (up to the current piston-engine standard). Maybe they should team up with Milviz to get them released.

I fair we have to wait a little bit longer to see or your assumptions are right or wrong.

Regards,

Marcel

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Darn, I thought they were going to make a going out of business statement. LOL. I'm not paying for Scott's flying lessons.

-d
    LOL. That's funny. I personally don't care that I'm paying for whatever. It's his money, he can do what he wants with it. Personally, I think it's great that he's so successful and is a passionate voice in the GA community and the sim community. I'm not passing any judgement on any decisions...just saying my opinion about what is happening. I'd probably be doing the same thing if I were in his position. I wish I was an aircraft owner. I'm always working toward the day that I do make the first aircraft purchase. So I totally commiserate with his attitude toward RL flying and flightsim. I'd like to fly out to Oshkosh when of these years and meet him and the rest of the A2A team!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    "We're working on two aircraft, but we're not saying which, and we postponed the development, but we can't say why.."
    Good summary Jan.
    There was one morsel of substance though and after seeing "Dunkirk" this year I am interested to see how their Spitfire redux turns out.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

I have always been interested of their products but haven't purchased any of them since the Cub simply because of the price tags. Hopefully this wont happend once again.

Cool

A2A products for me are controversial :
    I do like the visual aspect but I think that if Accusim would be part
    of real world aircraft and A2A would have been a real world aircraft
    manufacturer, personally I wouldn't have flown ANY of its planes.
    I' ve logged more than 50 hours in real 172 SP without any problem.
    Conversely I've found the engine operation of A2A 172 SP accusimmed problematic and too much delicate.
    The well known 172 floating ground effect before the landing flare
    is simply funny : It should be reduced by at least the 40%.
    A2A WOP3 P51D Accusimmed : if it is installed I've further problems with the 172 (sound and FDE) so I can't have both planes
    installed at the same time, furthermore the Mustang struggles to
    climb like an heavy chicken-always-on-the-edge-of-stall.
    I've done everything in the right order following A2A suggestions about accusim upgrades and so on but nothing .
    On my brand new PC there's only the 172 installed and now I'm afraid to install also P40&P47... Just my experience, and when I start to have too much troubles with payware expensive products
    I can't say : I do like this developer...
    The more you do, the less you dream

Quote Originally Posted by kiki View Post
    I have always been interested of their products but haven't purchased any of them since the Cub simply because of the price tags. Hopefully this wont happen once again.
    I think that's wishful thinking. Given the amount of time, research, detailed engine/system/VC integration and work on the accusim module to get their airplanes to the level they demand, their prices will always be the highest. If they release anything via "The Airplane Factory" label, that might be your best bet to find something in a lower price range. . .but their Accusim Models will never ever be in the "moderate price range".

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I think that's wishful thinking. Given the amount of time, research, detailed engine/system/VC integration and work on the accusim module to get their airplanes to the level they demand, their prices will always be the highest. If they release anything via "The Airplane Factory" label, that might be your best bet to find something in a lower price range. . .but their Accusim Models will never ever be in the "moderate price range".
    Yep, agree.
    Them and PMDG are top of the pyramid and their prices reflect it. I have always watched with interest as new stuff comes out with ever rising prices that challenge the market.
    Where is the tipping point? where does too much become too much?
    We want the best experience and so are prepared to pay for it but at what point does it become too much for most of us. How many people have how much disposable income in our very niche market place?
    You take it easy.. and have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by menef View Post
    A2A products for me are controversial :
    I do like the visual aspect but I think that if Accusim would be part
    of real world aircraft and A2A would have been a real world aircraft
    manufacturer, personally I wouldn't have flown ANY of its planes.
    I' ve logged more than 50 hours in real 172 SP without any problem.
    Conversely I've found the engine operation of A2A 172 SP accusimmed problematic and too much delicate.
    The well known 172 floating ground effect before the landing flare
    is simply funny : It should be reduced by at least the 40%.
    A2A WOP3 P51D Accusimmed : if it is installed I've further problems with the 172 (sound and FDE) so I can't have both planes
    installed at the same time, furthermore the Mustang struggles to
    climb like an heavy chicken-always-on-the-edge-of-stall.
    I've done everything in the right order following A2A suggestions about accusim upgrades and so on but nothing .
    On my brand new PC there's only the 172 installed and now I'm afraid to install also P40&P47... Just my experience, and when I start to have too much troubles with payware expensive products
    I can't say : I do like this developer...
    Your remarks about the C172 are certainly valid, however there was definitely something wrong with your Mustang.
    I have all of the Accusim warbirds and the Mustang climbs very easilly, it is quite light and powerful. The only Accusim warbird that has problems to climb is the P-47, when I load it with full fuel and biggest external fuel tanks.

Concerning the "conflicts" between the C-172 and the Mustang however, this is not the first time I see that. A friend of mine had the same problem with the C-172 and the Spitfire. He has not been able to get the Spitfire to work properly. The Accusim update would always mess it up completely, to the point that the maintenance hangar would never open (it kept showing the red label, like when you didn't set your parking brakes). A2A has not fixed the issues I think, so that might explain the problems of your Mustang, perhaps ?

That being said, I fully agree about the remark made earlier in this thread, about "there's A2A, and there's everything else far second".
    Yes, Milviz and a few others make great models and excellent systems. But let's not compare a warbird with a modern jet. Let's compare warbirds with warbirds. Accusim warbirds are alive, simple as this. When I switch to other warbirds from other companies, no matter how good they look, they don't provide this "alive" feeling that Accusim does. And this begins right when you start the engine.

Now, concerning that pseudo "development non-update", I made a remark about this on the A2A forums already. Of course I understand they want to be careful and not promise anything they can't deliver anymore (F-104, F-4, T-33 anyone ? ). But what was the point of such an update really ? I would have prefered them to wait a little bit more and at least be able to tell what they were working on.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    There are sales for Accusim planes sometimes. Very rare, I admit.

Blog Entries
    I have 12 years of GA flight experience. With a couple of exceptions in the early stages of A2A development I have yet to have a problem with A2A aircraft. Scott is very detail oriented and demands the best effort out of his team. Are they the top of the pyramid...not necessarily but they sure rate a 10 with me. I have many fine aircraft from various developers that could never be replaced and that includes some freeware from developers here in the forum. I've just recently acquired a flight manual for the DC-4 from an old pilot who flew thousands of hours in one and he and I share the same love for Flight Replicas DC-4. A2A makes great aircraft, not just good, but GREAT. However, we have been blessed with some awesome developers(freeware and payware) in FSX and it has made such a tremendous impact on virtual flying.
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Members who have read this thread: 1