A2A Statement - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A2A Statement

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    . . . . .Now, concerning that pseudo "development non-update", I made a remark about this on the A2A forums already. Of course I understand they want to be careful and not promise anything they can't deliver anymore (F-104, F-4, T-33 anyone?). But what was the point of such an update really ? I would have preferred them to wait a little bit more and at least be able to tell what they were working on.
    lol, I read your post Daube and had to laugh. The announcement really was much ado about nothing. Like you, I understand their need to refrain from promises, especially for anything specific, but it seemed to be more of. . . ."We will remain detail oriented, striving for perfection in all our models and when we release "them" we think you'll be very happy with what we've released", lol. . . .Okie Dokie!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I agree Ted,

The reason that A2A posted as they did was because of many forum members asking if there would be a release before Christmas.

As for the posts about A2A here complaining about A2A products it would be advantageous to you if you posted on their forum and not here.

We had this problem with Aeroplane heaven which resulted in Bassa leaving the forum for exactly this reason.

If you cannot say it to their face then don't say it.

I have all of the A2A products and they all work perfectly and I think they are amongst the best on the market.

I am not a member of the A2A team or affiliated to them in any way.

Cheers Chris

Do A2A planes cost too much?
    I have all but three of their planes, whether accu-sim came with the plane or it was an option, they were all close to $50.
    If I broke down the $50 by the number of hours I have spent flying that plane, it's somewhat cheap.
    Over the years I have bought plenty of $30 planes that I ended up not using for more than a few hours.

When it costs $10 to see just one two hour movie, the $50 Plane from A2A that has given me 80 hours of entertainment is a bargain.
    I've never met Scott, but I think it's very clear that he cares about the people who buy his products, a good businessman knows that loyal customers are the best thing you can have.

If there is one thing I wish A2A would do, it's....Please bring out an accu-sim bush plane, or do an expansion pack for your Cessnas that include float and tundra models.

For those on steam, A2A's cub is there, and it may or may not but most likely will be discounted in about 3 days or specifically 93 hours, 30 minutes, 55 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyjo View Post
    Do A2A planes cost too much?
    I have a few A2A models in my hanger, although my favorite A2A aircraft is out in the mothball fleet since they have not updated the 377 for P3D (3 or 4).
    50$ is usually my limit for any aircraft, no matter how good it is. A2A is one of those sellers who charge more if you want to run it on P3D professional compared to the academic license version, even though there difference between them.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

I'm absolutely in the camp of feeling that A2A planes are the best value in flight sim - because of the higher level of enjoyment I get from them than any other developer I've found.

I've attempted to find a sim model of most planes I've spent a significant amount of time flying in real life. I've found good renditions of several planes, but there are three that really stand out and truly remind me of operating their real world counterparts: the PMDG NGX, and A2A's accusimmed J-3 and T-6. I still literally break out in a grin every time I load up that little Cub. For my money, it's the "friendliest" airplane ever built (though it can certainly be a challenge), and the A2A rendition actually captures that.

Their T-6 is not only very true to life as well, but the single most realistic simulation of taildragger behavior I've ever seen.

I'd rather have spent $100 apiece for these two planes than all the $20-$30 models that disappoint in some way.

Of course, YMMV. The fun of a hobby like this is that we can all decide what we'd like to get out of it, and it's usually possible to find that. I don't think anyone can argue that A2A isn't one of the very best developers for our sims, though. In both a tangible (measurable performance) and intangible (they actually remind me of real airplanes and that makes me happy) way, their stuff really is about the best around.

I guess the chances of an A2A Beaver or Otter is about nil now, but boy would it get my money! ;-)

This place is called Sim-Outhouse "The Combat Flight Centre" for a reason. When A2A went into GA and airliners, I lost my interest in them. They might make nice product, but not very appealing to me. Although my common sense tell me not to expect anything, but I still hope they will surprise me by making a nice Bf109 Emil.

About their announcement...... I have already seen too many announcements made by Scott. And this announcement is just an announcement, to announce that there is currently nothing to announce.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    This place is called Sim-Outhouse "The Combat Flight Centre" for a reason. When A2A went into GA and airliners, I lost my interest in them. They might make nice product, but not very appealing to me. Although my common sense tell me not to expect anything, but I still hope they will surprise me by making a nice Bf109 Emil.

About their announcement...... I have already seen too many announcements made by Scott. And this announcement is just an announcement, to announce that there is currently nothing to announce.

Cheers,
    Huub

Way to go Huub! A nice Emil would be great!

Cees

In regards to what Stearmandriver said about the A2A Cub, I agree. As simple as it is, it is a pleasure to play with it.
    This plane is a great example of what you get from A2A. Three items: You can start the engine by pulling the prop by hand..... Lift the rear wheel off the ground by holding the brakes and increasing the RPM's... and to me , the nicest effect is to turn the magneto's off in mid flight, allow the engine to stop and then turn the magneto's back on. Put the plane into a slight dive and watch the prop begin to turn, at the right RPM the engine will restart.

The Cub was my first A2A plane and it had me hooked on their planes.

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    This place is called Sim-Outhouse "The Combat Flight Centre" for a reason.
    Yes, I'm only here because of the DDW C47.
    Perhaps it's time to go.
    Regards,
    Nick

I may have to download my last few CIVILIAN aircraft from the warbirds library and follow you Nick

Cheers Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    Yes, I'm only here because of the DDW C47.
    Perhaps it's time to go.
    Ha ha, I used to fly mainly warbirds, especially in Fs9, but latterly I fly mainly civvies and the SOH caters for all tastes these days.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Blog Entries
    Why are they being so insecure?? They and PMDG are the uncontested kings of Microsoft based flight sim.. It seems very odd to me that they should feel they have to make a non commital statement at s point when the entire global fan base is will to wait till hell freezes over for anything, whether they make it or not..

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Why are they being so insecure?? They and PMDG are the uncontested kings of Microsoft based flight sim.. It seems very odd to me that they should feel they have to make a non commital statement at s point when the entire global fan base is will to wait till hell freezes over for anything, whether they make it or not..
    I bet they are being pestered with 'what' and 'when' questions....and omitted the ideal one-word response...

...."Patience." ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    I bet they are being pestered with 'what' and 'when' questions....and omitted the ideal one-word response...

...."Patience." ...
    That's not it...

...."Soon."
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

I'm kind of interested about Spitfire Mk.9 model on Airtech Simulation Facebook page what is clearly made by A2A...

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbed View Post
    I'm kind of interested about Spitfire Mk.9 model on Airtech Simulation Facebook page what is clearly made by A2A...

Good find, seems so, also the platform is Prepar3D. Could make some sense in the announcement that there Spitfire Mk 9. was close to release yet they needed all the time for this simulator.
    (pure speculation ofcourse...)

Marcel

Members who have read this thread: 1