Blackburn Beverley_X.zip

Thread: Blackburn Beverley_X.zip

Members +
    Blog Entries

Blackburn Beverley_X.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Military Props

Description: Ralph Pegram's Blackburn Beverley C Mk.1, originally from FS2002-FS2004.

Updated to FSX MDL X material and animation specs.

Airdrop configuration via material visibility condition hacks, assorted freight or vehicle loads, air drop and LAPES.

See readme for details and credits.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Blackburn Beverley_X.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Well done, that man! Thanks very much Lazarus.

Brian

Members +
    Blog Entries
    The old stager turned out a treat. Amazing, given the age of this model. I did note self-shadow looks a bit odd at times, and the VC isn't a really good match, though not bad.
    Just glad we could save the old girl.

Wow. That's really frightening, actually. But in a good way!

Couple of issues.

1. The Avionics power switch doesn't toggle at all.
    2. The clamshell doors disappear on takeoff.

It's not clear how you get the payloads to show up, either, but that's a detail.

Is there some way to bring the textures up to date, because that would be a transformation and a half...

Thanks for bringing this one back from the dead!

Mike

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the feed back-200 D/Ls-no one noticed, or said anything. I know it was working. I must have aced something in the FDE getting the reversing going.
    Updated model, put the doors and deflectors on weight conditions, amended the payload stations with titles. The payloads are also there- those work just fine. From a saved flight, req'd to drop or LAPES the pallets, the load of pallets appear automatically, and are removed when the load is dropped.

A lovely old girl Lazarus; for those of us who struggle a bit with technology, how is this aircraft to be installed in FSX please? A simple copy and paste in SimObjects\Airplanes? Or is it slightly more involved?
    ChipShop
    'If It Isn't Broken; Then Don't Try To Fix It!'

Members +
    Blog Entries
    It's just a normal install for FSX. The air drop kit and payloads are controlled by the in sim fuel and payload window. Saved flights go into the saved flight file, usually documents/FSX. The pallets are simobjects/misc. Once it's loaded, everything is accessible in sim on the menu bar.
    The VC is the JBK C-124, still with the mouse rectangle issue, so you may want to add a different electrics popup. I thought the avionics were on?

Just downloaded this and had a couple of troubles, hope I can help others who have the same. Woe #1) Engines wouldn't start. (They would try and catch and sputter out. The sound for this was rather nice!) No fuel as I couldn't switch on the boost pumps. In the fuel section of the cfg change "electric_pump=0" to =1. (I didn't know not having pumps active would lock the animationion the 2D panel but in my case it did. Woe #2) Adding 500 to the clamshell doors section in the payload settings menu did nothing. The one you want to add 500 to is the second "undefined load" box, that does the trick. They open right away, but be patient as they take a while to close after you key the command. (My Bear Studios MiG-15's canopy does the same thing. 64 seconds after the command is entered the canopy closes!)

Josh: Under [Piston Engine] in the aircraft.cfg Look at normalized starter torque and increase it to .300000.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ol' Bev.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	59951
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Josh: Under [Piston Engine] in the aircraft.cfg Look at normalized starter torque and increase it to .300000.

That was the first thing I tried because that seems to be the usual problem when a prop bird fails to start. Usually when that is the case I find a zero as the first number after the decimal though. I backed it back down a bit at a time from .3 and she will start at .1 now that the boost pumps are running. (Even false starts if you don't prime enough. I like that!) Now If I can figure out how to get the props to stop at random places. They all line up nicely when shut down not random as in real life.

Members who have read this thread: 0