Any compatible A400M's yet?

Thread: Any compatible A400M's yet?

Any compatible A400M's yet?

I see R Laborie's beautiful bird is only P3Dv2 and nothing found on a search of the net shows any mention of an upgrade to P3Dv4 and only turboprop airlifter in the foreseeable future might be Milviz's forthcoming C-130J, which would be an immediate buy for me.

Recommendations? I want to do some flying into and out of Afghanistan and would like to test a hop from KTCM, Anchorage, Japan (found a nice MAIW airfield) and then to Kandahar.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Hmm I don't remember if Roland's A400M is compatible in v4, but it was working perfectly in v3, so it's not v2-only
    But on the other hand, he mentioned some time ago that he wanted to recompile his A400M specifically for P3Dv4, along with some other fixes and improvements.
    I don't know if it means the current version doesn't work...

I have that A400M actually, but I don't remember if I tested it in v4 or not. I can only give it a try from next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Hmm I don't remember if Roland's A400M is compatible in v4, but it was working perfectly in v3, so it's not v2-only
    But on the other hand, he mentioned some time ago that he wanted to recompile his A400M specifically for P3Dv4, along with some other fixes and improvements.
    I don't know if it means the current version doesn't work...

I have that A400M actually, but I don't remember if I tested it in v4 or not. I can only give it a try from next week.
    Sorry Daube, my installer only had V2 as an option, so I assumed that it would only work v2.

I sent Roland an email, but sadly, in English, asking if there might be plans to upgrade his beautiful plane to v4. I am not certain if he understood it or not. I look forward to seeing if you can get her to work in v4.

Thanks,
    Matt

Matt

Actually, in that french topic where I saw him talking about it, he was announcing not only a P3Dv4-only version of the A400M, but also some new Canadair CL415, as well as an update to his CL-215.
    However, his target date was supposed to be October. I'll try to create a new topic on the french forum, just in case I can get any news...

Great minds post alike they say, or something like that. I just got an email from him stating the A400M will indeed be updated to v4 standards, but mentioned in 2018.

Look forward to it when it's released.

Matt

Matt, it works nearly perfect in P3DV4, too, if you change cockpit sounds to Doug´s 64-Bit soundset.

Thomas

Still haven't seen a P3D v4.3 version.

But the current V2 works okay with some tweaks?

Members who have read this thread: 0