Eielson, how do you suppose it look'd in 50's,

Thread: Eielson, how do you suppose it look'd in 50's,

Eielson, how do you suppose it look'd in 50's,

Im really enjoying Manfreds B50 at the moment, esp flying out of Eielson, Alaska. There's a good usable modern PAEI out there and a quick google will produce many modern reference pics, but i was wondering how it look'd 50 or so years ago.

cheers ian

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Im really enjoying Manfreds B50 at the moment, esp flying out of Eielson, Alaska. There's a good usable modern PAEI out there and a quick google will produce many modern reference pics, but i was wondering how it look'd 50 or so years ago.

cheers ian

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Dont get excited Zoltz, i'd just like to know

cheers ian
    +1 I'd like to also see 50's versions of Carswell, Hickham, Kadeena, and most other Old Air Force bases that were either plowed under or converted to more modern airports.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Carswell's already out there, check out Zoltz thread a few days ago---

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/108519-SAC-Retro-Trio-Completes-the-JYAI-B-Bomber-Line

cheers ian

Carswell's already out there, check out Zoltz thread a few days ago---

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/108519-SAC-Retro-Trio-Completes-the-JYAI-B-Bomber-Line

cheers ian
    Thanks, ian! Got it.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Im really enjoying Manfreds B50 at the moment, esp flying out of Eielson, Alaska.
    Me too Ian! Just last night flew Manfred's B-50 there (WARNING: in P3Dv4!) from Carswell (1962 MAIW FSX version with B-58 AI parked all around). The modern version is good but a vintage one would be great.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

T flew in and out of Eielson a few times in the winter of 1958 (SAC KC-97) and, seriously, it was so cold that we never bothered to get a good look at the place. Load or unload our gear, get to or from a BOQ or Barracks and stay warm.
    One morning it was clear and dead calm and a couple of us started for a short walk in our normal winter clothes. An AP jeep pulled over and told us to return to quarters, Why?: It was -20F !
    A world of difference between Eielson and Elmendorf

The Jim Cook FSX scenery is pretty decent. Have got B-36's, B-47's and a prototype Hustler doing some testing (fits the 14,000 foot runway) all from John Young AI - he's one of the very best. Throw in winter season, heavy snows around dawn or dusk and the place is very atmospheric watching the AI touch & goes.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Ive been having a look over the past couple of days, the Base you see now is pretty much the same as it was when constructed or rather expanded in the 50's, the loop to the SE is more recent and there's more hardstanding to the NW, but Mr Cooks scenery is pretty spot on for both modern and retro.

Members who have read this thread: 0