WheelCam 1.2 by Gunnar Daehling

Thread: WheelCam 1.2 by Gunnar Daehling

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries

WheelCam 1.2 by Gunnar Daehling

I've recently installed the above program into my FSX folder and got an immediate message from my Avira AV program saying, "Access to file G:\Microsoft FSX\WheelCam\Autostartinit.exe" containing the pettern of TR/Agent. 16384.1197 was blocked."

The file was moved to quarantine by Avira.

Should I be ignoring this msg, or is there something to it?

False positive.

I used to use the tool for years without issue, but gave up hunting the old .ocx files required by it after upgrading to Windows 10.

P.S:
    Version 3.5 is available on Gunnar's homepage.
    http://www.g-daehling.de/fs2004/modu...=Content&pid=2

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Thanks. Downloaded and installed. Getting "runtime error" message that says it is stopping the service. The sim started and I chose and started the aircraft, taxied out with FPS rate of about 5.0. During takeoff run, got yellow print message on banner across top of screen about sim-connect service stopped - service being restarted. FPS by that time was down to about 3.0 per second. Not sure what is happening here, but am uninstalling WheelCam and will give it one more try.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    The story of my life. What happens quickly and easily for so many others turns into a struggle for me.

Tried a second install of WheelCam. Here's what the dialog box says when I finish the install, at least as far as I can go with it:

"Unable to execute file:
    G:\MicrosoftFSX\WheelCam\Autostartinit.exe

CreateProcess failed; code 2.
    The system cannot find the file specified."

So the autoexe. file will not install into my FSX main folder.

It was a good try.

Blog Entries
    sounds like your AV program quarantined or deleted it..

Runtime error 75 per chance?

Got that, too. And I think that's the reason why I've ditched Wheelcam in the first place. The profiler just got too invasive and will complain about missing read/write permissions.
    Maybe try starting the tool as administrator.

When I installed Ver 3.5. My virus program quarantined it. Have your virus program restore it and put it on the ignore list. Or you can install it with your virus program off. You may have to download it again if you cannot restore the quarantined file.

JPMouse

Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    Should I be ignoring this msg, or is there something to it?
    If you're worried, try sending the file to VirusTotal - https://www.virustotal.com/#/home/upload. It uses over 60 well-known antivirus programs to check the file or URL you submit. In the URL box you can just copy a link to the download you want and it will check the file without needing to download it first.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Indeed, Vortex. I may check that out myself.

I'll try installing it with the AV off. Avira's pretty good but once in a while it seems to be overly cautious.

Members who have read this thread: 0