Saving flight on AI carrier

Thread: Saving flight on AI carrier

Saving flight on AI carrier

How can a flight aboard an AI carrier be saved, or can it?
    I've tried saving a flight that was onboard an AI carrier and the plane is there when that flight is loaded (falls into water) and no ship.

SOH-CM-2018
    gray eagle,

I believe I did this once. But my memory isn't what it used to be. It may be worth a try.
    And this solution is if you stopped on the deck.

If your sim does not automatically start AI carriers, start it when you start your sim.

After loading screen, load your saved flight BUT be prepared to PAUSE as soon as that flight loads. Alternately I think if you pause before saving a flight the saved flight will start out paused.

From AI carriers select your carrier and I believe there is an option that allows you to place the carrier under the aircraft position.

Unpause and you should be good to go. Be sure to throttle back to idle if your throttles are engaged.

This is rather inelegant, and not what you want but give a try.

Good Luck,

Joe

Joe nailed it. FSX doesn't save an AICarrier when it saves a flight. The plane, yes, but not the carrier. You have to place the desired carrier after loading the plane with the saved flight.
    Actually, best way is to hit Slew as soon as the plane loads. If you use pause, you're likely to get a crash when you unpause. The plane may be slightly above or below where you thought it was, and thus...crash. With slew, you can place the boat you want, then settle the bird down onto the deck, or raise it up above the deck, and then settle it down. Hit Un-Slew and start the boat moving, and away you go.
    You will have to be careful of which way the boat points when it loads, though. It may not be pointed where you expect, with the plane in Slew.

Hope this helps...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

A slight variation.
    1. Land on a carrier. Parking brake on. Press pause. Press Slew. Save flight.
    2. Load the save flight and you will find the plane sitting on the sea surface. Un-pause - BUT stay in slew. Open AI carriers, place it on top of the aircraft.
    3. Using slew, prees "Q" to elevate your plane up to the deck - use "Z" to lower it if necessary.
    4. Un-slew and taxi to the shuttle for launch.

A few steps, yes, but once you get the hang of it this is the most reliable method I have found.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Members who have read this thread: 0