PhuCat airbase, Vietnam war era scenery

Thread: PhuCat airbase, Vietnam war era scenery

PhuCat airbase, Vietnam war era scenery

This is a first in a series of airfields from the Vietnam war period. Some of these airfields have been sitting on my HD for some years and ive only just started to organise and release them.Im aware of other Vietnam scenery's existing or in development, and i have no intention of competing,To me, the FS world is a blank canvas with plenty of room for everyone and i make scenery to suit my own needs, if anyone out there like's it also, then thats great

I have try'd to keep to a minimum object librarys that need to be downloaded and installed, but for ground equipment and a few extra object's, i would recommend installing "MAIW Global Scenery Library Objects (FSX)" You will need to register with MAIW first to accses their Library's, but it'll be a one time download that should work with all future release's from me.
    Go too "http://www.militaryaiworks.com/" for more info and registration details.
    Other than that, most of the objects used are myself, made using FSDS_V3 and by Al Simms and Jim Dhaenens which are already included in this package.

Ive used the static Huey scenery object by Guy Diotte, but ive placed them as a seperate bgl, "VVPC-HUEYS.bgl"
    so that you can remove them if you wish and when a dedicated Ai Huey come's along, i belive one is pretty close but not released yet.

Notes on mesh, mesh is important for this area, and using a 5 zip package by Raimondo Taburet and J. De Ferranti, which ive found on Simvation, look for "SRTM Asia Mesh pasts 1 to 5" there a few other packages out there but this is the release that works best for me.
    Scenery will work fine without any mesh add-on but it looks better with.

Ive created traffic file's for this scenery, although my Ai is a bit basic, normally touch and go's to add some movment and atmosphere, if anyone wants to create more relistic ai movment's, your more than welcome :-)

Ai aircraft needed---

jai_ac-47.zip by Michael Pearson from Avsim

jmai_f100_traffic2.zip by Michael Pearson from Avsim

ai_cessnaskymaster_tbfsx.zip by Todd Bolgrin from Avsim

For user's of Vietnam war project scenery, i dont use or have installed this add-on, but after a quick look
    at the file's, to use both my scenery and the VWP together, open up Vietnam War Project/Scenery, and cut and
    paste to a safe location, these four bgl's----

VVPC_ADEX_XC_CVX.bgl
    VVPC_ADEX_XC.BGL
    Phu_Cat_OB0.BGL
    Traffic_VVPC.bgl

Hope you enjoy, ian

Hello Ian, thank you very much for the PhuCat base, I love flying in FSX at this time Olivier

Thanks Ian! Outstanding place to fly my Milviz F-100 from.

Great Base!

Thank you!
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Downloaded, looking forward to leaving "Yankee Station" (Phantom Phlying) for some Huey/FAC action inland. That old Alphasim Thud looks good zsoltquack.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

2 hours flying to the target!

Kep AB

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Members who have read this thread: 0