Nigel Richards Avro Tutor - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nigel Richards Avro Tutor

Wow! Nuttin' better than some exposed jugs! On my list!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Certainly a ‘must have’ for my hangar, jolly glad to see K3241 from the Shuttleworth Collection has been included!
    Looking forward to hearing ‘sound department’ boffins come up with!
    Excellent work indeed, well done!
    ChipShop
    'If It Isn't Broken; Then Don't Try To Fix It!'

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ChipShop:

Yes Sir! :-)
    The iconic K3241 from the Shuttleworth Collection (CFS aerobatic team) livery, as well as the earlier all-yellow version.

The engine shop have three custom soundsets ready-fitted for the series - should be plenty of beef to keep you busy, Sir.

1. Armstrong Siddeley Lynx IV / (7 cylinder Radial).

2. Armstrong Siddeley Mongoose. (5 cylinder radial)

3. Wright J-5 Whirlwind. (9 cylinder radial)
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Looking forward to flying these beauties in FSX !
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

I've been doing some online testing on the 621 in FSX SE and I love it. I recently bought the Alabeo WACO, but haven't hardly flown it as the Avro is just to nice to put back in the hanger.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Can't wait to download this beauty. The screenies have been amazing.

Brian

Wow, stunning aircraft!

Please, can someone provide any updates on this wonderful project ?
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

Join the club!!!!

Cheers Chris

O YEAH Now thats what i am Talking about My Hand is ready for it
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

I am completely certain that when Nigel's efforts make this package available to us FSX users it will be well worth the wait ! Mike

To be honest, i'm on P3Dv4 only, really... but i come inhere almost everyday hoping for a hint of news about Nigel's amazing Tutor model.

No news is good news as they say but i just thought i'd bump this up, who knows...

So, does anybody know anything about the progress of Nigel's Tutor project ??....

I mean, according to the screenies it sure is one of the most beautiful and gorgeous looking biplanes ever seen in a flightsim, isn't it.

Best Regards,
    A righteous renegade waiting for his tutor

Hi Jan,

Nigel has been absent for a few months already. Which is not really uncommon for him. So either real work issues are keeping him busy, or perhaps he is working night and day to finish the large amount models he still wants to do in this life.

A few days ago I wrote him an e-mail, but he didn't respond on that.

I think patience is the key word here once more...........

Cheers,
    Huub

+1 to Hubb's response. Occasionally Nigel goes completely off the grid. (starting to worry a bit myself)
    Once he gets back it should be just a short while before released.
    It has been tested in Pv4 and works perfectly. Available for FSX too!
    She is a beauty for sure!
    Roman

Thanks, gents !

Actually, while composing my post i thought i was replying to the huge Tutor thread in the FS2002/2004 forum... I must be going off my rocker about this enchanting lady...

Bummer that Nigel didn't respond to your email, Huub, it would be good to know if he's alright in the first place.

But great news that it works perfectly in P3Dv4, thanks Spokes ! ( if that would've not been the case i would've seriously reinstalled either FS2002 or FS9 just to see this beauty come rolling out of my hangar ! :-) In any case, i'm very glad NOT to read that the project has been scrapped.

As you say, sure, patience is the word and i still have a lot in store when it comes to that. Besides, i think it's part of this eccentric hobby to actually enjoy waiting for the release of a specific new model in the pipeline. Build up the tension so to speak. (not to say foreplay.. )

Thanks again, guys ! Fingers crossed !

Cheers,
    Jan

I wrote to Nigel yesterday. I know he is off grid (and battery system is down) so he will likely not show up until the weekend for responses.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Thanks Milton ! ( he did not respond yet, did he ?..)

What exactly does 'off the grid' mean ?.. No power at all ?.. ( i understand Nigel lives in Greece ?..)

I'll leave i tat that for nowe, harrd to typpe withj yopur finngers crossded.

Members +
    Off the grid can be that he is 'hiding' or he has decided to have a break from everything, including us, for whatever reason he has decided.

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Thanks Milton ! ( he did not respond yet, did he ?..)

What exactly does 'off the grid' mean ?.. No power at all ?.. ( i understand Nigel lives in Greece ?..)

I'll leave i tat that for nowe, harrd to typpe withj yopur finngers crossded.
    LOL Jan.

Off the grid means he has no electrical (or other utility) service connected to his home. He lives off the land.

He has a solar system but he mentioned back in June that he has battery issues with that system so he likely has no power whatsoever there. He does have access to use his computer on the weekends.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Sometimes, don't you just wish you could switch off like that?
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Nigel showed up on my Messenger, so maybe he’s now able to log in and speak to where this beauty is in the development.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I got the same message....

Cees

Good news! Thanks, gents, keep us posted, ok !?

And thanks for explaining 'off the grid', Milton ! Hopefully he will be reconnected soon.

I don't know why, i have hangars full of beautifully crafted virtual aeroplanes, but i just can't wait to get my dirty hands on this ever so enchanting Tutor beauty that Nigel has created. ( maybe it's because i came to Duxford 3 times all the way from Holland, only to see the show cancelled 3 times because of the weather. One time we arrived at the airfield and we heared the cancel message thru the speaker system while a lonesome, yellow Avro Tutor came in to land just before the heavenly floodgates were opened. I shall never forget that sight... and that feeling.. ;-)

Cheers, MZee ...

Members who have read this thread: 1