Might as well rename this Forum FSX / P3D - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Might as well rename this Forum FSX / P3D

Quote Originally Posted by AusWilko View Post
    Me and my thoughts
    sheeesh ,see what ya did?...man o man..seems yer a trou.........naw im just pokin fun at ya..

i fly only P3Dv4 now,well when i can anyway..but i look at canelos,newhawks,fsx and p3d daily,i hit the others whn i see something new has been posted.

You guys know I rarely chime into these discussions, however...

I'm an FSX ONLY guy. I have absolutely no issue with P3D or its followers. And, the posts re P3Dx.x in the FSX forum doesn't bother me near as much as the poster not stating in his thread that it is for P3Dx.x. My aggravation lies in the fact that after a half dozen or more comments down the page someone lets slip the fact that this is a P3Dx.x only issue, product, comment, etc.!

If you're going to conduct P3Dx.x business in the FSX forum, which in and of itself is NBD, at least have the courtesy to state that your thread is in regard to P3D.

Off my soap box and back to the FSX paint shed.
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post

I'm an FSX ONLY guy. I have absolutely no issue with P3D or its followers. And, the posts re P3Dx.x in the FSX forum doesn't bother me near as much as the poster not stating in his thread that it is for P3Dx.x. My aggravation lies in the fact that after a half dozen or more comments down the page someone lets slip the fact that this is a P3Dx.x only issue, product, comment, etc.!

If you're going to conduct P3Dx.x business in the FSX forum, which in and of itself is NBD, at least have the courtesy to state that your thread is in regard to P3D.

I agree with you 100%!

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post

Exactly...
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Imma say this now too,until the one about the AN2,ive seen mostly only FSX/P3D threads in here,,if it pertains to both sims theres no problem to me,,but i agree FSX and P3D should be separated..if you want to post basically the same words in both forums,copy and paste the text from one to the other and then make the minor changes to the wording if necessary. the only reason i read both is that guys like Milton post here and then let us know in the thread that it will work in both sims.so i check fsx,but i may just move to P3D only soon if the whining continues..

So many projects have targeted to both FSX and P3D I like the idea of a combined thread, maybe separate sub-threads for tech support.

I have seen on another site where for screen shots they have one thread for all but you have to put a tag in the title indicating the sim your using, could that be a solution for our site?
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

I daresay that in the future, the P3D forum will eclipse the FsXA/ FsXSe forum in numbers of posts as did the FsX eclipse the Fs9 forum over time. However there will always some crossover as simularities persist between platforms. However it would be good for the P3D forum (especially P3D v.4) if users of those platforms posted there more often.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

I agree with the majority here:

There should be a separate, dedicated, place for P3Dv4, and that cross platforms, meaning FSX and P3Dv1.2.3, should just have a reference in the subject line.

And over time P3D activity will overtake FSX, like FSX did with FS9. It is just the way things go.
    This does not take away the joy our members experience in any simulator platform. On the end we all have one thing in common. We all enjoy flight simulators, and helping a fellow member/visitor out.

I love the SOH site, it's members willingness to help anyone, members that invest their valuable time offering their work as freeware to the community, and my limited ability to help others , or just to look at all these amazing screenshots.

I visit the FSX and P3D forum daily.

Kudo's to everyone involved for making this site such a great place to "hang around" and for dealing with all the evolution our hobby goes through
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Reading Manfred’s post reminded me that we are all creatures of habit... it’s just that I need to learn a new habit and check both forums each day. As the progression continues there will be less and less reason for me to visit the FSX one.

Most importantly, I wish each sims aficionados the best as they enjoy their own cuppa!

C

Members who have read this thread: 0