Screenshot storage

Thread: Screenshot storage

Screenshot storage

Hi, all. Where is everyone parking their screenshots / links at now? I had Photobucket, but that's dead. I then had FSSnaps, but that is not accepting uploads. Anyone have a new place? I appreciate the help!

BP Don

fsfiles.org. known as Ozx image storage.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

I use https://imgur.com/ ....very easy to use and it's free.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpounder View Post
    Hi, all. Where is everyone parking their screenshots / links at now? I had Photobucket, but that's dead. I then had FSSnaps, but that is not accepting uploads. Anyone have a new place? I appreciate the help!

BP Don
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

Thanks, all. I appreciate the help. I will go check them out!

BP

Bushpounder, in what sense did you mean Photobucket was dead? I just logged into my account there and all is well. I use it all the time, have for years now.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

You cannot link to your pictures anymore, unless you pay $399.00 a year. They took that away about mid-year.

Don

EDIT********* I just checked Photobucket, and they must have reversed their decision!!!!! It is back to free and it works (links)!!! Thanks, all.

Don

EDIT 2*******Went to their site and it seems it will go away again! Here is a FAQ.

"
    What users are affected by the changes to our 3rd Party Hosting policies?Moving forward, new and legacy free account users will NOT have third party
    hosting available.
    If you were a Plus Account subscriber in good standing as of June 1, 2017,
    you will continue to have all the privileges you have enjoyed including 3rd
    Party Hosting until December 31, 2018 as long as you maintain your
    subscription.
    Non Plus 500 Account subscribers that purchased after June 1, 2017 will not
    have access to 3rd Party Hosting."

At this point I'm using ImageShack and paying USD29.95 per year, mostly it is good, but it does annoy me at times.
    Occasionally the site goes slowly, but I've never had it go belly up (yet!).
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Got an email from Photo#uckit:

This message is to inform you that we discontinued the Plus 20 plan in June of this year. We have grandfathered your expired plan for several months as a convenience.In order to keep your account current and all of your content available, we are asking that you migrate over to one of our current Plus plan offerings: Plans Failure to do so within 30 days will result in your billing to be suspended, and your account will be reverted to a free account.

I've had a paid account for several years now, and had just paid for another full year in June, days before they introduced the new options. I removed all of my images from their site, and switched to Imgur for now. Even though I paid for a full year they will not even give me what I paid for (And no refunds) which would have been the nice thing to do, and I would have to jump through hoops to get my account cancelled. F%%% 'em. Their service over the last year was crap anyway.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

I also switched to Imgur. It's free and easy to use.

I just tried the IMGUR. Seems easy enough. I'll run with it for now! Thanks, all!

BP Don

Members who have read this thread: 0