B-50 FSX graphics issues - test version - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: B-50 FSX graphics issues - test version

Here's how my B-50 is working, and what I'm running. Maybe it will help you guys find out what's going on. My glass textures are present in the exterior view and I can see my wing out the window. (But not the external tank only its shadow on the ground. I do believe I read about a visibility condition to turn it on in the VC though.) I'm running FSX-gold and the only scenery I have is MSE Wisconsin. I have not done a panel merge. The scrambled plane is pretty interesting. My Flying Stations Buccaneer does that once in a blue moon. How does that happen?

In reference to "red tail test aircraft, Turning "aircraft cast shadows on ground", "on itself" and "lights illuminate ground" makes no difference regardless of selection in the presentation in my simple setup. The glass and tires are black, panel texture missing, gauges work fine. Left wing visible from vc. Original download files look fine with the exception of missing the left wing in vc. Program is boxed FSX-A, DX9 on a lowly ten year laptop.

Following up on Tom (Warhorse) and Zsolt's hunch that it's something to do with the Sim_B50.xml gauge, here is a replacement.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ivyoeox0z2...m_b50.zip?dl=0

It disables the a/c initialization, you can recognize that when the tail guns are pointing up, and the first call for the Monitor shows just a small strip. As y'all know you can expand it to full size if you r-click the asterisk. Some other functionality is missing (reversing), but the main thing at this point is whether the external and internal parts and textures are okay.

Feel free to disable the ident no of panel12 as well, as in Tom's post, but that will disable all calls to Monitor help screens. (Yes, Monitor has help screens, not many users know this.)

Zippy, thanks for the shadow test, even if inconsequential. Understand that even after disabling sim_b50 the display is a shambles on your setup?

Josh, we only have the one VC at the moment, and there the wings are without long-range tanks. So that's okay, sort of.
    Last edited by mjahn; December 7th, 2017 at 00:31.

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    Following up on Tom (Warhorse) and Zsolt's hunch that it's something to do with the Sim_B50.xml gauge, here is a replacement.

It disables the a/c initialization, you can recognize that when the tail guns are pointing up, and the first call for the Monitor shows just a small strip. As y'all know you can expand it to full size if you r-click the asterisk. Some other functionality is missing (reversing), but the main thing at this point is whether the external and internal parts and textures are okay.

Feel free to disable the ident no of panel12 as well, as in Tom's post, but that will disable all calls to Monitor help screens. (Yes, Monitor has help screens, not many users know this.)

Zippy, thanks for the shadow test, even if inconsequential. Understand that even after disabling sim_b50 the display is a shambles on your setup?

Josh, we only have the one VC at the moment, and there the wings are without long-range tanks.
    Hi Manfred,

It will be good, but unfortunately it does not work the chocks, GPU...I like things!

So I do not use this file

But Thank you!

Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

I don't understand. You Shift-4 and get the minimized Monitor strip. You expand it and get the subwindows. You click Chocks and you get chocks. You click GPU and it's there. No?

The main question at this point is whether the sim_b50 replacement file gets you all the parts and textures on all setups that had display problems before.

I don't understand. You Shift-4 and get the minimized Monitor strip. You expand it and get the subwindows. You click Chocks and you get chocks. You click GPU and it's there. No?

The main question at this point is whether the sim_b50 replacement file gets you all the parts and textures on all setups that had display problems before.
    No chocks and GPU!
    But now turrets working....
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

GPU and chocks rule OK here. Another mystery ...

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    No chocks and GPU!
    But now turrets working....
    New XMLs put into the test.panel/B50 folder and gauge 51 (removed the double slashes in front) Still no wing view. I also can't get the chocks (don't understand the instruction to mid click it) and no GPU showing when clicked. My turrets always worked!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    New XMLs put into the test.panel/B50 folder and gauge 51 (removed the double slashes in front) Still no wing view. I also can't get the chocks (don't understand the instruction to mid click it) and no GPU showing when clicked. My turrets always worked!
    MidClick = Click with middle mouse button/wheel ? (I think).

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    MidClick = Click with middle mouse button/wheel ? (I think).
    Yeah, sorta what I thought, too! It didn't do anything.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

It may depend on where you click, check the pink boxes in the pic below. Do you get these help screens from the panel\Monitor folder?

Monitor isn't the issue, anyway.

I'd like to have some more feedback from the others, and then I'd like to sum up. Seems the TEST setup doesn't do much to improve the situation, and the one weak clue that we have isolated is dx9 mode on certain older PC's, is that it?

Bad Zippy.....Bad Boy! While chewing on my oatmeal I had a brain-flatulence Gotta turn off the AVIONICS switch to make the GPU and chocks work! Now to work on the wing-view and figure out why the model won't call up the glass/plexiglass textures! Yes, the HELP window shows like yours!

So I gather that the modified xml file has resolved the graphical issues for everyone, and now you have a working monitor panel??
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Avionics ON or OFF, shouldn't matter one bit, Zippy. If it does on your setup I have no clue why. No matter.

What does matter is, the pic you showed earlier (ppst #23) with most exterior parts missing, as opposed to your new one (post #37), with every exterior part showing fine except for the glass, what change in the setup did that, and is it stable over extended periods of time and over elaborate scenery?

Avionics ON or OFF, shouldn't matter one bit, Zippy. If it does on your setup I have no clue why. No matter.

What does matter is, the pic you showed earlier with most exterior parts missing, as opposed to your new one, with every exterior part showing fine except for the glass, what change in the setup did that and is it stable?
    I changed the aircraft casts shadows on the ground and on itself back to off (no checkmarks). Yes this is stable. With the avionics switch on, if I clicked on the chocks, it would briefly flash "Set" and go back to "Off". Clicking on GPU lit up but did not show the GPU.

To clarify this for me, the TEST version with shadows turned OFF is fine, except for the glass, the VC wingview, and now a Monitor artefact?

Now if you set up one of the original models, and let fly it with the TEST panel and the TEST texture, is everything exactly like in the TEST red tail?

Manfred, the Test files took care of my graphical problems (I use FSX-SE with dx9). I did comment out the ID 10000 in gauge 12, so couldn't bring up the "help" items....all else was fine. I'll return gauge 12 to it's original state, and try the panel with another livery.
    Terry

To clarify this for me, the TEST version with shadows turned OFF is fine, except for the glass, the VC wingview, and now a Monitor artefact?

Now if you set up one of the original models, and let fly it with the TEST panel and the TEST texture, is everything exactly like in the TEST red tail?
    I did a fresh download and install. Keeping in mind that you have to be in a parking spot and not on the runway to make the GPU and chocks work, and you were right that the Avionics switch does not matter, the only thing I now lack is glass for cockpit, domes, and rear gunner station, and the wing view. This is using the fresh download with no tweaks. Everything in the new download works like the Test red tail.

We're getting there, slowly but surly. Don't call me Shirley!

All works fine now....keeping this panel! All the best,
    Terry

Manfred...sorry for being so disjointed....but decided to try the "TEST" panel with the original model (rather than the TEST model)...everything still fine. After returning gauge 12 to it's original state, I have my "help" items in the Monitor working. All animations seem to work....turrets turn, chocks and the like show. No framerate hit on this crappy five year old machine......thanks for another marvelous aircraft, all the best,
    Terry

As a very temporary measure I will cheat a bit and use camera positions to view the engines at startup and in flight. Bazinga!
    Got 'em for both sides.

Okay now I'd like to ask you to test three versions of the Sim_B50 gauge.

Please re-download this zip:

In it you will find the following files --

Sim_B50.xml-a // no initialization (backup of current TEST version)
    Sim_B50.xml-b // re-introduces minimal initialization (Monitor, turrets, Keys)
    Sim_B50.xml-c // nose and tanks selection added
    Sim_B50.xml-d // full init as in original release

What I am interested in is whether the TEST plane remains in working order when you replace the current gauge by the b version, the c version, and (to come full circle) the d-version (which should return to the problems stage).

So what you do is you copy the four files to folder panel.TEST\B50\

Then step by step, rename Sim_B50.xml-b to Sim_B50.xml (overwrite: yes), and test in sim (reload aircraft if sim is runnng).

If all still okay, try same procedure with Sim_B50.xml-c

And for good measure, you could even try -d.

So, what results do you get?

Hi Manfred,

Yes!
    Version "C" is stable!
    No graphics disintegration! You see the fuel tank!
    Menu window fits perfectly! What does not work:

- I can not control the amount of fuel
    -BCN light

The turrets that can be remove?

I am grateful for your efforts!

Zsolt

But unfortunately the other models of the same mistake!

Manfred, didn't try "a" or "d" (if "a" is the original TEST file, I know it works fine....if "d" is the original file, I know it doesn't work in my set-up), but both "b" and "c" resulted in the same graphical anomalies as the original b50 xml. Forgot to look at the Monitor for the "b" file....but it worked fine in the "c" file. Whatever is causing my graphics problems (no nose, props circling the fuselage, no wheels) is present in your samples "b", "c" and "d", but not in the original TEST file. I should confirm that my tests this morning were done with your TEST model, the TEST texture as well as the TEST panel.
    Terry

Members who have read this thread: 2