Vlad Zhyhulskiy's Fairchild C123 Provider - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vlad Zhyhulskiy's Fairchild C123 Provider

SOH-CM-2023
    I looked at the FSX conversion over on Simviation and you can easily tell it was done with an old version of MCX as it has many custom XML animations that don't work well. (Reversed flap travel and ailerons for example) MCX is updated almost weekly and that version was converted several years ago. I'll try to play with it a tad this afternoon and see what I can tweak.
    You can't take the sky from me...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Gladden View Post
    I looked at the FSX conversion over on Simviation and you can easily tell it was done with an old version of MCX as it has many custom XML animations that don't work well. (Reversed flap travel and ailerons for example) MCX is updated almost weekly and that version was converted several years ago. I'll try to play with it a tad this afternoon and see what I can tweak.
    Thanks for taking that on Brian. Throttle controls, some switches and the ones you mention would all be great additions if they can be fixed.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

SOH-CM-2023
    Here are some quick and semi dirty mods to the FSX Native C-123 available at Simviation.

Fixed: Flap, control surface and prop animations.

Retagged door animations. Ramp is Shift E, Crew door +2, Paratroopers +3 and Cockpit windows are +4.

Opening cowls are now tagged to the spoiler control

VC: All animated switches and levers assigned to something... Proper or not. Does have tooltips.

Issues. Can't get the taxi lights to work... Lights in model and switch enabled. non functional with both VC switch and panel switch. No clue what issue is....

model_mods.zipClick image for larger version. 

Name:	P3D3-2022-jan-1-001.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	763.8 KB 
ID:	85848

Thank you Brian. Just downloaded and placed the new mdl files. Gonna give it a go right after I get a bite to eat. I'm also doing my bit in the VC texture department as well.

Current System Specs:

Very nice Brian, thanks a lot!

As a side note: if there's anyone else that doesn't care for all caps in the aircraft.cfg file, there is a way to fix it with just a few minor alterations. If you have "Word", copy the text and paste it in word. . .select it all then press "Shift+F3" and when you release it, the text has been changed to lower case. After that, copy and paste it back over the original text. I had to go through it once and capitalize some words that needed to be, but it beats going through line by line to change from all caps to upper and lower case.

Current System Specs:

Here's an updated port-over FSX V3 version of this AC with functioning animations :

https://www.rikoooo.com/downloads/viewdownload/51/248
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Very nice Brian, thanks a lot!

As a side note: if there's anyone else that doesn't care for all caps in the aircraft.cfg file, there is a way to fix it with just a few minor alterations. If you have "Word", copy the text and paste it in word. . .select it all then press "Shift+F3" and when you release it, the text has been changed to lower case. After that, copy and paste it back over the original text. I had to go through it once and capitalize some words that needed to be, but it beats going through line by line to change from all caps to upper and lower case.
    The cfg is set up for 4 engines (to account for the jets I guess) but those were only used for high weight takeoffs on short fields. Thing is a rocket with 4 engines. I commented out two of the engines and it behaves much closer to what it should. 40 inches of MP and 2500 rpm and it cruises about 175 knots or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Gladden View Post
    The cfg is set up for 4 engines (to account for the jets I guess) but those were only used for high weight takeoffs on short fields. Thing is a rocket with 4 engines. I commented out two of the engines and it behaves much closer to what it should. 40 inches of MP and 2500 rpm and it cruises about 175 knots or so.
    So that's a tweak you've done since the fix you released? Using the numbers you mention I'm cruising at about 100kts faster (which is fine with me, lol). Also, the AP has stopped tracking the GPS. . .Heading is fine but switch to GPS and it goes off into the back 40, lol.

Current System Specs:

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    So that's a tweak you've done since the fix you released? Using the numbers you mention I'm cruising at about 100kts faster (which is fine with me, lol). Also, the AP has stopped tracking the GPS. . .Heading is fine but switch to GPS and it goes off into the back 40, lol.
    There is an AP fix file at Simviation that cures that.

Ed, can't wait until you put your touches on the interior and panel. The version suggested by MZee1960 seems to work excepting the vsi. I installed my own and used this sound for the R2800 https://library.avsim.net/sendfile.p...tp&DLID=162057
    this is pretty "meaty". The sounds from the DC-3 are "timid" and the Howard 500 is adequate, but these from avsim are excellent. These have some bite. Also, the AP tracks the GPS fine, and the GS very well. Nice handling, no CAPS in the config and this is based on Vlads model. Not sure exactly what Brian's mod will do. Could someone elaborate please...? Looking forward to your magic on this project. Have a great New Year...tp

Quote Originally Posted by simtech View Post
    Ed, can't wait until you put your touches on the interior and panel. The version suggested by MZee1960 seems to work excepting the vsi. I installed my own and used this sound for the R2800 https://library.avsim.net/sendfile.p...tp&DLID=162057
    this is pretty "meaty". The sounds from the DC-3 are "timid" and the Howard 500 is adequate, but these from avsim are excellent. These have some bite. Also, the AP tracks the GPS fine, and the GS very well. Nice handling, no CAPS in the config and this is based on Vlads model. Not sure exactly what Brian's mod will do. Could someone elaborate please...? Looking forward to your magic on this project. Have a great New Year...tp
    Update: I was able to enable Brian's update.. at least on all except the Air America. I need to look closer at the terminology in Air America model file. Looks good, Brian. Thank you for the improvement of the animations... I apologize for the weird format, but couldn't edit the original post..
    Last edited by simtech; January 5th, 2022 at 00:11. Reason: update installation of model mod

Members who have read this thread: 2