Configuring View Groups in P3D v4

Thread: Configuring View Groups in P3D v4

Configuring View Groups in P3D v4

Hello fellow flight simmers.

I have been looking fr an answer to thus issue everywhere, but have not had any success so far. So I decided to start this topic in the hope that someone can help me.

I recently purchased P3D v4.1 and am trying to set up View Groups for me 3-monitor setup.

I found this onthe P3D forum http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=119668 and used the tutorial provided there.

The left and right monitor are nicely in sync, but I am having problems getting the right side set up correctly. The view on the right side looks as if the angle is too far out.

I played around with the SideAngles, Heading and xyz offsets, but have not had any luck getting to an acceptable result.
    I even experimented with different view angles" 30deg looks okay but is too close to the panel, 60 deg is nice if I could get the right side view look okay.
    NVidia Surround is turned OFF.

I have 3 23" 16:9 mnitors attached to an NVidia graphics card.

Is anyone able to tell me what I am doing wrong?

Any constructive response is highly appreciated.

Manfred
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Manfred,

Out of curiosity, have you looked at your settings in your Nvidia control panel? This sounds like a potential hardware related issue. How do other games/simulations display on the 3 monitors?

I too want to add an additional panel, but more for a radio/comms stack than a view. Anyway, though I have not used FSX in quite some time, I did last run it 4 years ago with a very similar setup of 3 monitors, all spanned within Nvidia Control panel, and it worked flawlessly. The only thing I ever needed to adjust were the magnification levels from time to time.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

strykerpsg-
    If you have an I Pad, (even Gen 1) for a lot less than you'd spend on a monitor, this app gives you a touch screen radio panel. It's great ! Works with FSX and P3D 3 and 4.
    I bought an I pad just for the app ! I have found a few other uses...
    Sue

https://www.remoteflight.net/remote-flight-radio-hd

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    strykerpsg-
    If you have an I Pad, (even Gen 1) for a lot less than you'd spend on a monitor, this app gives you a touch screen radio panel. It's great ! Works with FSX and P3D 3 and 4.
    I bought an I pad just for the app ! I have found a few other uses...
    Sue

https://www.remoteflight.net/remote-flight-radio-hd
    Great tip Sue! Unfortunately I no longer own an iPad but may look into one if it's cheaper than a modest touch screen. Thanks for the tip. I am curious if there's perhaps an Android or Windows version too?
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    I am curious if there's perhaps an Android or Windows version too?
    Indeed, so would I be.

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    Manfred,

Out of curiosity, have you looked at your settings in your Nvidia control panel? This sounds like a potential hardware related issue. How do other games/simulations display on the 3 monitors?

I too want to add an additional panel, but more for a radio/comms stack than a view. Anyway, though I have not used FSX in quite some time, I did last run it 4 years ago with a very similar setup of 3 monitors, all spanned within Nvidia Control panel, and it worked flawlessly. The only thing I ever needed to adjust were the magnification levels from time to time.
    Matt,

Nothing wrong found in the NVidia Control Panel.

I ran the out config option, and it shows the right side view correct, but too far zoomed in. I will have a look at the xml file with those settings, and see what I need to adjust to be able to see the gauges in the view.

I have a vacation coming up, and it looks I will be spending a day or so experimenting with the view groups, or go back to Nvidia Surround.

Btw: I just now managed to get the outside view to look fine, but the cockpit view is still off on the right side. I might have to end up creating separate View group configurations for the outside and cockpit view

Got the screens working pretty good now. Had to select different zoom levels for view angles (32, 45, 60).

Just have to create separate view groups for cockpit and outside view.

With my vacation around the corner it is good to know I will be able to do a lot of flying instead of tinkering, lol

Members who have read this thread: 0