Video Capturing Software

Thread: Video Capturing Software

Video Capturing Software

Hi all,

Curious to know which is the best software for recording videos. I have tried bandicam but I am experiencing significant FPS drop.

Regards
    Dale

If you have Nvidia card, many of us use the Shadowplay tool that comes with Nvidia Experience. The Nvidia Experience is a nuisance but Shadowplay works well in capturing sim footage without FPS drop.

If you can not stand the Nvidia Experience or do not have Nvidia card, there are other options that people may recommend here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Bjoern, do you experinice with this app?
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Win7 Home Prem.; ASUS P6TSE; Intel i7 960 (OC 4.0GHz); 12GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600; Sapphire Radeon Dual-X R9 270 2GB GDDR5; ViewSonic 24" VX2433wm; FSX Drive Dedicated Samsung EVO 840 SSD 250GB

My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

I know it's a bit crude but for the few captures that I do FRAPS is sufficient for my needs
    Of course, it does turn out huge files that I run through another program to make them manageable.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Corsair Obsidian 900D Full Tower. MSI X99A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM. Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 5960X Haswell-E LGA2011-3 8 Core @ 4.8GHz. Thermaltake Water 3 Riing RGB Cooler Premium Edition 6 x Riing 12 fans. ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti OC Edition, 11GBx2 in SLI.
    Corsair Dominator Platinum 32G 2800MHz DDR4 Kit. LG BH16NS40 BluRay Reader/Writer. Corsair CMPSU-HX1000i FM 1000Watt x2.
    Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD x 3. Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD x1.
    Western Digital WD Gold 4TB Datacenter HDD.
    Acer Predator X34P 34inch IPS LED Curved Gaming Monitor 3440x1440 120Hz

If you have Windows10:
    Its included in the Game menu ...(to open:Windows-key + G).
    Works perfect to capture videos in FSX.
    Only disadvantage: it captures in MP4 full resolution only, but you can limit it in size afterwards with the standard Moviemaker.

Rob

Members +

Fraps

Fraps is payware but it's the easiest to set up and use. It records both the video and the sound (important). OBS is NOT easy to setup and use. With Fraps you setup to run at 29.95 fps and full screen. You then assign a key (I use 'Insert' key) to toggle 'Start/Stop' recording. You can fly and record 'live' or you can do FS9/FSX 'Instant Replay' and record that (allows change of views with 'Shift+S' key). You can edit (HUGE *.avi clips - 2 min=4 Gb) with Movie Maker to reduce size. From Movie Maker you save FINISHED VIDEO to hard drive then upload to YouTube. I bought 'older' version (11) of Sony Vegas ($49) so I can do more EDITS (zoom, etc) than Movie Maker can do. Using FRAPS 'Free' version puts a watermark on video. Fraps records at 29.95 fps but plays back at 60 fps and at HD (1080x720). The other program I use is FSRecorder. It is able to 'Render' replay video that looks good even if you only get 25 fps in Sim. What 'looks' complicated is 'easy' - once you learn how to do it. I have 100's of video on YouTube. Some good some not so good (5 yrs old). Key 'Napamule YouTube 2017' in Google, then click on any video and when there click on my name (Chuck B) then click on 'Videos' on my home page (there are lots of 'Chuck Backus' on YouTube) to watch latest-to-oldest videos. You click on video, watch, then use 'BACK ARROW' (up top by URL) to return to list of videos.
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    [SIGPIC]i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD-5700 1 Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Acer 23 in LCD, Windows XP SP2, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    No problems for me. I use the 64 bit version with no noticeable effects.
    A little difficult, at first, to get a grasp of the setup, after that it is smooth to use.

Thanks Bjoern for the "heads up"! (many moons ago)
    Roman

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    Of course; otherwise I wouldn't post a link or post a disclaimer.

And there's no better proof than Roman's use of the tool.

Members who have read this thread: 0