Video Capturing Software

Thread: Video Capturing Software

Video Capturing Software

Hi all,

Curious to know which is the best software for recording videos. I have tried bandicam but I am experiencing significant FPS drop.

Regards
    Dale

If you have Nvidia card, many of us use the Shadowplay tool that comes with Nvidia Experience. The Nvidia Experience is a nuisance but Shadowplay works well in capturing sim footage without FPS drop.

If you can not stand the Nvidia Experience or do not have Nvidia card, there are other options that people may recommend here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Bjoern, do you experinice with this app?
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

I know it's a bit crude but for the few captures that I do FRAPS is sufficient for my needs
    Of course, it does turn out huge files that I run through another program to make them manageable.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

If you have Windows10:
    Its included in the Game menu ...(to open:Windows-key + G).
    Works perfect to capture videos in FSX.
    Only disadvantage: it captures in MP4 full resolution only, but you can limit it in size afterwards with the standard Moviemaker.

Rob

Fraps

Fraps is payware but it's the easiest to set up and use. It records both the video and the sound (important). OBS is NOT easy to setup and use. With Fraps you setup to run at 29.95 fps and full screen. You then assign a key (I use 'Insert' key) to toggle 'Start/Stop' recording. You can fly and record 'live' or you can do FS9/FSX 'Instant Replay' and record that (allows change of views with 'Shift+S' key). You can edit (HUGE *.avi clips - 2 min=4 Gb) with Movie Maker to reduce size. From Movie Maker you save FINISHED VIDEO to hard drive then upload to YouTube. I bought 'older' version (11) of Sony Vegas ($49) so I can do more EDITS (zoom, etc) than Movie Maker can do. Using FRAPS 'Free' version puts a watermark on video. Fraps records at 29.95 fps but plays back at 60 fps and at HD (1080x720). The other program I use is FSRecorder. It is able to 'Render' replay video that looks good even if you only get 25 fps in Sim. What 'looks' complicated is 'easy' - once you learn how to do it. I have 100's of video on YouTube. Some good some not so good (5 yrs old). Key 'Napamule YouTube 2017' in Google, then click on any video and when there click on my name (Chuck B) then click on 'Videos' on my home page (there are lots of 'Chuck Backus' on YouTube) to watch latest-to-oldest videos. You click on video, watch, then use 'BACK ARROW' (up top by URL) to return to list of videos.
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    [SIGPIC]i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD-5700 1 Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Acer 23 in LCD, Windows XP SP2, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    No problems for me. I use the 64 bit version with no noticeable effects.
    A little difficult, at first, to get a grasp of the setup, after that it is smooth to use.

Thanks Bjoern for the "heads up"! (many moons ago)
    Roman

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    Of course; otherwise I wouldn't post a link or post a disclaimer.

And there's no better proof than Roman's use of the tool.

Members who have read this thread: 0