Health Report for Roy Chaffin - Flightsimulator Contributor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Health Report for Roy Chaffin - Flightsimulator Contributor

Health Report for Roy Chaffin - Flightsimulator Contributor

It is with deep sorrow I have to report of the deteriorating health condition of Roy Chaffin, my good friend.
    Roy has been a great contributor to the Flight Simulator community. He has released packages for Combat Flight Simulator 2 and FS2002 all the way up to P3D
    He has been suffering with Parkinson's Disease for some time. Three weeks ago Roy had a fall. He went to get up off a chair (one of those office chairs on wheels). It went one way, he went the other. He fell on his back with his head hitting the door jamb behind him and was not really with it.
    Paramedics took him to a local hospital in an ambulance where he was x-rayed and they announced he had broken two vertebrae in his neck. They were unable to treat him and sent him to a major London hospital where spinal surgeons operated and inserted metal plates to support the neck. The good news is that the spinal chord was not breached and he is not paralyzed.
    The surgeon said the operation was a complete success. He has gradually recovered from the operation although still very sore, stiff and weak from having to lay still for three weeks without sitting or standing.
    He is being moved to a local private hospital where a regime of physiotherapy will begin - although he says he just wants a reasonable quality of life.

Roy is an Internationally acclaimed wildlife artist and is known for his unique style, combining photographic detail with an artistic portrayal. The results are dramatic, each animal painting seeming to acquire a living quality.
    His paintingsand limited edition prints are collected by people around the world.
    You can view some of his work at www.roychaffin.com. You can click on the link http://www.roychaffin.com/rcs-panels.html to view his Flight Simulation addons.
    He has worked with world famous Siegfried &Roy and Tippi Hedron's Shambala Preserve.
    I hope your thoughts and prayers will be with him for his successful recovery, as I will.
    Roy has authorized me to post this. Bob.

Roy is a brilliant designer and artist. I always looked forward to receiving his Christmas Card every year. Please give Roy my best.

Don Moser

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    Very sorry to hear this dreadful news. That little slip could have been deadly if not leaving him a quadriplegic. Thank God he is Ok!

I had just checked his site a couple of days ago to see if he had made his yearly post.

He is well known to most of us old timers in this flight-sim world.

Get well Roy. God is with you.

Thanks for all your thoughts. I'll pass them on to his wife. Regards, Bob.

Horrible news about Roy's fall. I wish you a full and speedy recovery from your fall, Roy. Take care.

Brian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GetWellSoonRoy.jpg  

I am sorry to hear of your friends situation. He, his family and those that know him, will be in my thoughts and prayers for improved health and recuperation.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Wishing the best for Roy. Hopefully he will make a speedy recovery.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Get well soon Roy! Hang in there!

Cees

it's never nice to hear these stories, I hope he gets well soon.
    Here's my take on his B-25:
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Just stopped by and happened to see this. I have been good friends with Roy for some time and up until last year, I received a yearly Christmas and Happy New Years digital art card from him and his wife. I am sad to hear this news and wish him all the best in his recovery. Roy is a truly good man!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Very sad news! I long know Roy and I consider him a brilliant artist! Amazingly I was about to send him a message asking for news on his health.

I wish him a complete and quick recovery!

Edmundo

Blog Entries
    So sorry to hear this, very sad. I hope Roy can quickly regain the quality of life he desires.

Regards,
    Ian

Sorry to read such news...
    I have been flying Roy's DC-3 and B25, which are just but brilliant masterworks!
    Roy, recover soon to the life quality you wish. Thoughts out of Paris to you and your family.
    Windows 10 x64, Z170A Gaming Pro Mobo, i7-6700K CPU (no O/C), 32 Gb DDR4 RAM, RTX3060 12Gb, P3D v5 latest edition, mesh Toposim, packs ORBX FTX Global Base + Vector + OpenLC, + Trees HD, ASP3D, ASCA, P3D v6 latest edition, mesh Toposim + TEP, X-Plane 12, simHeaven X-World, M2XP Antarctica

So sad to hear of Roy's situation. I wish him comfort and peace. I have admired his work for many years>

JPMouse

I too, have had correspondence with Roy and received his yearly Christmas cards. I am so sorry to hear of his misfortune and pray for his complete and speedy recovery. Get well soon Roy!

Thanks for all your thoughts. He sure did have some superb packages. I'll be passing on all the comments to him, here, and on the other FS Forums. I doubt that he will be able to send out his beautiful Christmas cards as usual this year. Bob.

So sorry to hear the news, but Thank You for letting us know. I know Roy was having a difficult time and now this. Prayers for him and his family. I wish you all the best in the days ahead Roy.

I wish you a speedy recovery, Roy. Hold strong.

I also whish him a good recovery! I've always admired his sim work, which has been ahead of contemporary work at great length, in my eyes.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

For those who have never been to Roy's website, as mentioned here, he was also an unbelievable wildlife artist.
    You are really good when someone looks at your painting and can't tell whether it's a painting or a photograph.

I have an update on Roy's condition.

Roy's wife has been very moved and proud of all the comments the

flight sim community have made. She passed them on to Roy and he

says a big thank you to everyone who is rooting for him.

Roy is making progress - he was helped to a chair today and was able to

sit for over an hour without pain. A big step forward.

He will be moved to another facility called a Rehab Centre when he is

fit enough. His wife has been told he might have to be there for 6 weeks

before he can come home, but hopefully would be able to do so sooner.

Thanks for all your kind comments, Bob.

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    That's the way to go, Roy!

Sounds like things are looking better for you Roy,I wish you a quick recovery,and thanks for all your great planes,I use them often.

Latest Update

Here is an update directly from Roy:

"Roy's Progress Report,

9th Nov - neck broken

13th Nov - neck surgically rebuilt

15th Dec - moved from hospital to rehabilitation centre

27th Dec - Now I am restricted to lying on my back in bed all day. I can sit for only two hours each day because my neck cannot yet support my head any longer than that. My neck and my hands are very painful.

All of the above needs massive doses of painkillers. Currently my hands do not work properly. I hope to progress more in the New Year

I wish you all a Happy New Year

Roy"

He really thanks all that have posted on this thread. Bob.

Oh man... Keep it up Roy!
    dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

Members who have read this thread: 0