TiAr Max Holste MH-1521 Broussard Bushplane WIP

Thread: TiAr Max Holste MH-1521 Broussard Bushplane WIP

TiAr Max Holste MH-1521 Broussard Bushplane WIP

New bushplane project for P3DV4 and FSX in town. Exterior base is Yann Koun´s 14 years old very great freeware Broussard, which was very common in FS2004 times. I did the last days a lot of changes of exterior model to bring an "up to date" in the air again.

Anyway, now model has some improvements to the real model, new animations of gear, rudders etc.. Bump textures to cover nearly all rivets and lines of real airplane. After finishing exterior models, my plan is to create a new interior model.

And yes, like in real, there is a floats version in pipeline, too.

Hope you will like my new long term project.

Thomas

I like this aircraft and was sorry to have to abandon her as I am switching to P3D V4...

Thanks you - I will follow your progress with interest.

Gérard

Wow, thanks! Interesting airplane, very agile and a great bush flyer.
    My son and I flew in one a few months ago:

My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Very good news!
    Thank you to bring that bird back to a newer flight simulator's generation.
    Looking for your release (when ready, of course)
    Windows 10 x64, Z170A Gaming Pro Mobo, i7-6700K CPU (no O/C), 32 Gb DDR4 RAM, RTX3060 12Gb, P3D v5 latest edition, mesh Toposim, packs ORBX FTX Global Base + Vector + OpenLC, + Trees HD, ASP3D, ASCA, P3D v6 latest edition, mesh Toposim + TEP, X-Plane 12, simHeaven X-World, M2XP Antarctica

Usually it's the other way around but with P3Dv4 (plus 3th party sceneries) we've come this far that i mistook the first foto in your post #3, Mark, as a screenshot.... How cool is that, éh ?....

I did not see the follow up photos yet and it was at first glance of course but i even felt surprised that it happend to be a real photo instead of a P3Dv4 screenie.

Interesting plane, Interesting project, Thomas !

Must've been a wonderful experience, Mark !

cheers,
    jan

Your work bringing this overlooked aircraft into P3D4 is much appreciated.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Seeing threads like this, makes me at times want to come back to simming.

I have a lot of flying hours (over 100) in a British registered Broussard and so if you ever need anything just ask and will see what I can do for you. Got a lot of time for this aeroplane, be good to see one in the simulator world again. Had some wonderful trips in her, all over Europe.

IMG_2827 by Martin Pengelly, on Flickr

IMG_2769 by Martin Pengelly, on Flickr

IMG_2745 by Martin Pengelly, on Flickr

Martin

I cant say that this plane its a beauty but the model it is!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Work is slowly, slowly going on. Base exterior model is not finished yet. But it works perfect in P3DV4. Time to show update.

Hope you like it.

Thomas

Bravo - happy to follow your progress.
    Gérard

just found pictures of real bird, made 2011 in EDFM Mannheim/Germany by me. They are never published. It shows F-GPRN, today reregistered to D-FMCA.

The MH-1521 Broussard has the same PW-Engine with 450 hp like the DHC-2 Beaver, but a more significant sound. I can hear that deep sound very often in my hometown Heidelberg. D-FMCA is based 15 miles away at Mannheim.

Now I have to find a date in Mannheim to make detail pictures of real cabin/cockpit. We will see, what happen...

One new update shot of native P3DV4 of exterior. There will be a naive FSX too, I am sure.

Thomas

Broussard

Bonjour, avant tout recevez mes meilleurs voeux pour 2019 ainsi qu'à vos proches.

Voilà un bel avion que j'utilise sur FSX (bien que désuet), je suis heureux de voir votre nouveau projet plus qu'alléchant et en plus avec cette version amphibie peu connue.

Merci pour ce cadeau à venir, BRAVO

Bonjour, je n'ai pas suivi le Freeware-projet plus loin après avoir découvert qu'ATsimulations travaille sur une version Payware. Celui-ci est sorti il y a quelques jours et il a l'air en pleine forme.

Du point de vue actuel, il est peu probable que je continue à travailler sur ce projet à l'avenir. Je suis désolé.

Hi, I didn't follow the freeware project any further after I found out that ATsimulations is working on a Payware version. It was released a few days ago and actually looks great.

Whether I'll continue working on the project in the future is unlikely from today's point of view. I'm really sorry.

Thomas

Thomas,
    for what it's worth, there is no way that I will consider buying the ATS payware version since we have discovered that you need an internet connection to start the engine and / or fly the plane. If you were to reconsider finishing your version, you would be guaranteed at least this one customer for it . . .

Members who have read this thread: 1