Captain Sim updates

Thread: Captain Sim updates

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar

Captain Sim updates

Does anyone know if Captain Sim have updated any of their aircraft to P3D V4? I have the C-130, B727, B-707, B-767 and the B-777. Used to love flying them but at the moment they are hangar queens.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

They are in the process of updating their fleet.

The list is here: http://www.captainsim.org/cgi-bin/ya...num=1496506789

Summary:

The 737 Captain family - Released 21JUL17.

#1 is the 777.

#2 is the 1011.

#3 is the 707.

I’m profoundly bummed that the C130 hasn’t made the list yet...

They are in the process of updating their fleet.
    and taking their time ..
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Anything worth having is worth waiting for?

Yes, would love to see the 727-100 and -200 in addition to the -130 updated...

...Would love to be proven wrong, but I don't see it happening on any kind of a schedule-- their...er, um..."ethos" doesn't seem to focus on rapid response.

Still...they make good stuff that stands the test of time.

Kent

It's nice to see that they are working on the upgrades.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Although last time I heard, Captain Sim was only offering free updates to P3Dv4 to P3Dv3 users. There were no free updates for FSX
    owners of Captain Sim planes; they would have to pay full price.

All my Captain Sim purchases were FSX. Granted almost all were in their 10 EUR sales, but still, the policy has soured me a bit on
    Captain Sim.

- Rob

Well, I’m pleased to see the 707 make the list. I only had this in FS9 and would be pleased to revisit the old girl.

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    Although last time I heard, Captain Sim was only offering free updates to P3Dv4 to P3Dv3 users. There were no free updates for FSX
    owners of Captain Sim planes; they would have to pay full price.

All my Captain Sim purchases were FSX. Granted almost all were in their 10 EUR sales, but still, the policy has soured me a bit on
    Captain Sim.

- Rob
    I fully agree, same situation for me, most addons fully paid.
    I'm not willing to pay twice for nearly the same product.
    The same applies for A2A.

Quote Originally Posted by Postbaer61 View Post
    I fully agree, same situation for me, most addons fully paid.
    I'm not willing to pay twice for nearly the same product.
    The same applies for A2A.
    +1 on the A2A issue. Not sure what their attitude will when it comes to their warbirds. I have purchased all of them and am not prepared to buy them again.

Cheers
    Pat

It is interesting to note the disparity between developers with the latest upgrades for P3Dv4. Some like CS want to charge you 100% of the cost you already paid for the FSX version. Others, like Carenado appear quite relaxed to offer the upgrade for free. Others still give a partial discount. There will be debate about whether offering no or partial discount is justified on the incremental hours/costs to convert products to the latest format (granted, some models will be easier than others - my CS models contain lots of 32 bit dll files).

Now we customers all know who is garnering our goodwill (thank you Carenado ) and who is not. Each developer has to make their best bet on which route may work out best in terms of future revenue. We customers will decide where our purchasing power customer demand is directed.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Hello,
    I find myself in the same position, however, I bought the FSX versions.
    If I had bought the P3D version, my upgrade to v4 would have been free of charge.
    I believe that the same rule applies to A2A, PMDG and probably most of the aircraft where there are two separate versions
    and buying one does not include the other.
    Regards,
    Nick

At the glacial pace CS is updating their fleet to P3D V4, whether they charge or not is purely academic. It will be years before you'll have to decide if you want to pay or move on.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

I agree expat,
    I'm sure that's a lot of work, to convert the gauges files to 64bit.
    And i'm willing to pay for such effort, but if its not a complete new
    addon, rather only converted gauge files,
    the complete original price for this update is a little exaggerated. imho
    I noticed nothing new with the CS B737 e.g. except the WR
    which i had bought too.
    Like expat mentioned "We customers will decide where our purchasing power customer demand is directed"

Members who have read this thread: 0