FSX start up error; I don't know how to solve it.

Thread: FSX start up error; I don't know how to solve it.

FSX start up error; I don't know how to solve it.

I finally got my new build PC to work and moved everything over to it. However, when I try to run FSX I get the following error;

The application has failed to start because it's side by side configuration is incorrect. Please
    see the application event log or use the command line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.
    I've done some research on this and made sure I installed C++ (X86) and C++(64bit) for Windows into my windows 10, but that doesn't fix the problem. I've tried running the sxstrace.exe program, but the dos screen just flashes for a half of a second and disappears. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I'm not sure I can do a disk fix, as I was in the beta and the only disks I have are from the beta.

Sundog,

It might be worth trying to install them again: -

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/Down....aspx?id=21254

(This is version 6.0.2900.2180 for the 64 bit exe)

Also, do you have any addons installed that rely on the legacy simconnects?

If you are using the Steam version, then you need to install them.

They are located in the following folders in the FSX SE main directory: -

FSX-RTM
    FSX-SP1
    FSX-XPACK

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul,

This is just FSX with Acceleration. I'll try the C++ packs again. Thanks.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    I've tried running the sxstrace.exe program, but the dos screen just flashes for a half of a second and disappears.
    You have to run it via a command prompt. Type cmd into the Windows search box and then run sxstrace.exe within the subsequent window.

I was able to run the trace, but I don't know what it means. I'm working on figuring it out, but if anyone knows just be looking at it, that would be appreciated. For reference, my FSX is installed on my J Drive.

INFO: Resolving reference for culture Neutral.
    INFO: Applying Binding Policy.
    INFO: Find publisher policy at C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\manifests\x86_policy.8.0.microso ft.vc80.mfc_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.762_none_8a 14c0566bec5b24.manifest
    INFO: Publisher Policy redirected assembly version.
    INFO: Post policy assembly identity is Microsoft.VC80.MFC,processorArchitecture="x86",pub licKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",versio n="8.0.50727.762".
    INFO: Begin assembly probing.
    INFO: Did not find the assembly in WinSxS.
    INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.VC80.MFC\8.0. 50727.762__1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b\Microsoft.VC80.MFC.DLL .
    INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at J:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Microsoft.VC80.MFC.DLL.
    INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at J:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Microsoft.VC80.MFC.MANIFEST.
    INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at J:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Microsoft.VC80.MFC\Microsoft.VC80.MFC.DLL.
    INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at J:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Microsoft.VC80.MFC\Microsoft.VC80.MFC.MANIFEST.
    INFO: Did not find manifest for culture Neutral.
    INFO: End assembly probing.
    ERROR: Cannot resolve reference Microsoft.VC80.MFC,processorArchitecture="x86",pub licKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",versio n="8.0.50608.0".
    ERROR: Activation Context generation failed.
    End Activation Context Generation.

I believe this is a sequel database dll, MSVC80(MFC?) 8.0.50608.0

I don't know if I have to find that exact file or if I can just update the sequel database; I'm researching it.

SOH-CM-2023
    I've just changed from W 8.1 to W10 & have this exact problem, did you resolve it Sundog?
    Keith

SOH-CM-2023
    Found the answer!!!!! It needs a Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributal Package MFC Security version 6.0.2900.2180 download of 2644KB. There appears to be another download of 2624KB which does not work. If you are using W10 you need the x64 loaded, although I loaded both x86 as well.

Hope this of use for others with similar problem.
    Keith

Members who have read this thread: 1