Have no idea what´s wrong.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfs3 1.jpg   cfs3 2.jpg  

What's the last thing you changed?
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

I´m not sure... i think i installed ETO new environment 2.0 from Gecko. ETO night missions were odd because the ground remained bright although the sky was dark. Now the night missions are ok but the sea water looks like this...

There's your problem. Uninstall the new environment package. Parts of it are not compatible with Ankor's shaders. You can keep the weather, skybox textures and suneffect.xml, but get rid of the rest of it and put your previous files back.

Daniel, as someone who knows a bit, how important would you rate Ankor's shaders for a night time only situation v.v. your night time environment set up? ( which make me wonder if I could set up batch files for night time Eras removing and replacing shaders etc. ??)

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

The shaders add some valuable functionality to the night operations that you may not want to give up.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Absolutely Ankor's shaders. My project was done before Ankor came along and made it largely obsolete, for which we're all grateful. He's included a lot of features specifically for night operations. I'll list all that I can remember:
    -Terrain shadowing. Makes it very nice for dawn and dusk lighting, and gets rid of aircraft appearing to be lit from below at night. Also ensures that the water gets the same lighting the terrain at all times.
    -Moon casts dynamic shadows
    -Self-lit dynamic reflector sight reticles. Very realistic and very handy for the schrage musik aircraft too. They can be turned on and off and size adjusted (like the British Mk.II) The latest version includes a dimming function as all reflector sights had to reduce the intensity of the reticle to improve visibility in low lighting conditions.
    -Self-lit model textures. These can be added to any existing aircraft (I think even vehicles and buildings too). They can be set to be always on, and those used in the VC have the option of being turned on and off by the cockpit light control.
    -Improved, customizable cockpit lighting. Color, size, intensity, and location can all be changed. Possible to have more than one in a single cockpit.
    -Working, self-lit searchlights that light up aircraft that pass through the beam.
    -Effect textures are lit by ambient lighting, meaning they don't glow in the dark anymore. Textures for flames and lights etc that should be visible and bright at night can be added to a list to make them so.
    -Effect lighting is improved. Flares etc can now light up terrain, scenery, and water.
    -All of this transitions seemlessly from day to night and back very naturally. No file swapping is required and it looks great any time of day or night.

The only thing I would to Ankor's shaders add from my work is the suneffect.xml (and the textures it calls). The sun effect still controls how dark it gets at night, and as far as I know, mine is the darkest.

You two have convinced me!

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Thanks Gecko. Luckily i kept a backup file somehow and was able to restore the files. The sea looks marvelous again.
    Thank you all

Members who have read this thread: 0