Simworks Phantom Tail hook animation

Thread: Simworks Phantom Tail hook animation

Simworks Phantom Tail hook animation

Hi all,

When I lower my tail hook, the handle lowers in the cockpit and so does the hook, initially. When I raise it, the handle does, the hook does not. the LSO tells me to drop my hook when it is already down externally. Internally, the hook is raised. Please advise!

Tool

Does it drop with the tailhook command, SHFT+Q, or does it follow another command of some sort?
    Remember, the visual animation doesn't necessarily follow the actual tailhook operation. IE You can have a visual model that works perfectly, and you will never trap aboard a boat, because there isn't any tailhook L:VAR (I think it is. It might be a K:VAR or something else entirely. I am terrible at that stuff) available. Contrary-wise, you can have a lovely visual airplane, with no tailhook visible, but you can trap very nicely. May look a triffle odd, catching a wire with nothingness, but it works.
    The vLSO (those guys hate my guts, I swear it!) needs to get the correct something-or-other:VAR whatever it might be. Putting your internal handle down seems to do this very nicely. Just because you can, or can't, see a visual animation of it doesn't mean it hasn't happened, as far as the rest of the sim goes.
    Also, make sure you have a valid [hydraulic_system] entry in your aircraft.cfg. You may be able to drop the hook by gravity, but unable to raise it due to lack or hyd pressure. the whole thing should look something like this:

[hydraulic_system]
    normal_pressure = 3000.0 //PSI
    electric_pumps = 0 //no electric pumps
    engine_map = 1,1,0,0 //pumps on Eng1,2

Just a thought. Hope it helps a little...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Members who have read this thread: 0