Dear God Help Me

Thread: Dear God Help Me

Dear God Help Me

I have always been a fan of the IL-76, then I saw a IL-76 on the Russian site and was very
    excited. The DL s for the IL-76 models was very large. I installed it with the panel. The panel
    was very detailed but I could not find the auto-pilot, also there was no GPS I use it because
    I cannot even find my way to the men's room. I fired it up then F9 said cannot use these
    gauges I went through a number entrys trying to make it but then the IL-76 crashed and
    F9 shut down why would the authors use gauges for the IL-76 panel if FS9 will no accept
    the panel, I spent several nights searching for a panel that would work for the IL76, but
    none would work, I think the IL76 is a interesting plane but this model had two panels no
    vc and vc panel, and two different models in the folder. I tried thinking what would work,
    I finally had to give up and think outside the box, I finally found 3 models of the IL76 they
    were for fs9 but they all had panels which was very good but they did not come with gauges.
    I put them into FS9 and for a panel I fould IL-62 and it had a great panel, I loaded into
    my three IL-76s and it WORKED! Now I fly a Libyan Air Force version of the IL-76. I
    did learn Russian panel do not work, if any do they must be few a small number I have not seen.
    I guess in closing God Helps Those Who Help Themselves.

Casey

Congratulations! I never managed to get my Il-76 to work, more is the pity. Looks like you had to jump to all the hoops to get there, too!

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    I fly V.Zhyhulskiy - Kiev-Ukraine-12/2012's Il76 and Il78 models no problems. If you don't already have it look for IL76_78zh.zip at avsim ru.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by casey jones View Post
    I have always been a fan of the IL-76, then I saw a IL-76 on the Russian site and was very
    excited. The DL s for the IL-76 models was very large. I installed it with the panel. The panel
    was very detailed but I could not find the auto-pilot, also there was no GPS I use it because
    I cannot even find my way to the men's room. I fired it up then F9 said cannot use these
    gauges I went through a number entrys trying to make it but then the IL-76 crashed and
    F9 shut down why would the authors use gauges for the IL-76 panel if FS9 will no accept
    the panel, I spent several nights searching for a panel that would work for the IL76, but
    none would work, I think the IL76 is a interesting plane but this model had two panels no
    vc and vc panel, and two different models in the folder. I tried thinking what would work,
    I finally had to give up and think outside the box, I finally found 3 models of the IL76 they
    were for fs9 but they all had panels which was very good but they did not come with gauges.
    I put them into FS9 and for a panel I fould IL-62 and it had a great panel, I loaded into
    my three IL-76s and it WORKED! Now I fly a Libyan Air Force version of the IL-76. I
    did learn Russian panel do not work, if any do they must be few a small number I have not seen.
    I guess in closing God Helps Those Who Help Themselves.

Casey
    There is an Il-76 out there with a nice VC including the navigator's position in the nose, but you have to adjust a couple of controls through their utility. Brakes work weird, but it flies great and the textures are really nice. (It is similar quality to the Tu-134 and 154 if you have those.) I found mine on Rickooo. (Just Google Il-76 FSX and you should find it.) You do have to have the KLN90B gauge to avoid a warning on start up and I think they have a link to it. If you can't find them, I'll gladly share my copies. The only problem I've seen with it is that it will crash FSX if you try to select another plane after flying it and sometimes is engages autorudder, but that just may be my machine and not applicable to everyone. I've been hearing of an Il-62 coming out by these guys too. It'd be fun to compare it with the VC-10!

Members who have read this thread: 0