panel - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: panel

Quote Originally Posted by Joap View Post
    Done that Mr,Zippy, no change, I wonder if Win10 could be the problem??, have mentioned this before, win7 was no problem with the 3.14.

I'm thinking of re-installing Win7 on my extra HD and install it in the computer, then re-installing FSX, and hope that, that would be the solution, what do you think???.

I afraid that activating FSX could be a problem, and that is holding me from doing this.

regard
    Joop
    Unknown....I use WinXP and have no problems with updates or any nonsense.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Hello Joop,
    may I assure you that your Windows version has nothing to do with this
    and you would be wasting your time.
    For me, the VC works perfectly under Windows 10 and both FSX and P3D v4.

I am at a loss as to how or why you cannot move your eyepoint to somewhere
    sensible after all the advice that you have been given.

If you wish to install something, do it to FSX which may well be broken.

You have no need to uninstall it.
    Instead, do this:

1. rename your FSX root folder.
    2. create a new empty folder with exactly the same name and in exactly the same place.
    3. using your FSX DVDs, run the repair for FSX and then install the service packs.

Now you will have a new and untarnished version of FSX.
    Delete your fsx.cfg file, copy your newly downloaded C47 into the airplanes folder and try it before
    you do anything else to FSX.
    Regards,
    Nick

Well Nick, did exactly as you advised, result you can see the screen shot I hope, re-named MS Flightsim as xx did the repair with the DVD, deleted the CFG ( which was difficult to find ) I feel that I'm getting to be a pain in the bud, so I think I'm going to leave this until I get back from Aruba ( mid February ) then make another try.

Regards

Joop
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Schermopname (28).jpg  

It's not as bad as it was, perhaps if you stand up in the seat?
    Regards,
    Nick

Hi Joop,

The screenshot you posted of the external C-47 model proves of course that there's deffinately something wrong but that doesn't have to mean that there's something wrong with the internal model ( aka VC ) as well. Like Nick also says, why you cannot seem to get a satisfactory point of view within the VC is quite a mistery to us. Your first screenshot shows the POV too high, a second screenie shows the pov hovering over the seat, so atleast you've got the thing moving ! ;-)

The screenie above shows that the pov is still too low but also shows 'you're getting there' . You're nearly there so why stop now ? It's not like you have something against fumbling around with those Ctrl/Shift/Enter/Backspace combo's, do you ??.... Spend some time playing around with them, get the grips on what exactly these combinations do. Keep both keys of any combo pressed and see your pov move even outside of the VC, left or right, above it or below. Press the reverse combo and you'll slide back inside again. ( if you get lost just reload the plane again ). And you don't have to do these tests with the C-47 VC per sé. Take the default C-172 f.i., might be easier and works just the same.

With the view like in the screenshot above all you'd have to do really is keep pressing the Shift/Enter combo and you'll see the view move upwards. Stop pressing the keys once you can see normally out of the window. Than you probabely have to rotate the view a little bit. You do that with your hat switch.

See Milton's post as a reminder for the key combo's. In additon Ctrl/Shift/Enter moves your view sideways to the right, Ctrl/Shift/Backspace to the left. Furthermore Backspace only activates the default zoom whereafter you can press the + or - keys to zoom in or out.

Play around with these a LOT, Joop, it'll make your life in a virtual cockpit so much more pleasant ! They represent your *virtual you*, you know, your head, your eyes, your legs, your butt, the whole shebang

Cheers,
    Jan

panel

No Jan, I did make anouther go at it, but the same bl…. result don’t make much sence.

I know that “Shift backspace/Enter, for up/down, and Controle backspace/Enter, back/forward “

The funny thing is when I select aircraft ( 3.14 ) I would see the panel for split second and it would be gone.

I think I am gointo leave it untill I get back from Aruba, “leaving next week “ maybe with a fresh mind and some Sun on my pale skin may do some good.

Thank you Jan for your advice, wishing you and all others Happy Holydays

Kind regards

Joop

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    This might be a corrupted 'cameras.cfg', which is located in the FsX root folder?
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Padding in way of instrument panel

OK, I HAVE ALSO TRIED EVERYTHING RECOMMENDED TO JOAP. I'M TELLING YOU THERE IS PADDING BETWEEN THE SEATS AND THE INSTRUMENT PANEL. I AM ABLE TO BRING THE EYEPOINT THRU THE PADDING AND THERE IS ALL THE INSTRUMENT PANEL WITH MM. ONLY PROBLEM IS YOU ARE SO DARN CLOSE TO THE PANEL. I FLY FSX AND JUST LIKE JOAP THE V12 WORKS FINE. I'LL KEEP BEATING MY HEAD AGAINST THE WALL AND KEEP POASTING ANY POSITIVE RESULTS.

PROPTWISTER
    DCA 1845
    DICK SWANN

You will find a default cameras.cfg file in the FSX root folder.
    Copy it to C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX
    and let it overwrite the one that's already there.
    On most forums, I don't know about this one, typing in all upper case
    is seen as shouting.
    Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    is seen as shouting.
    It is as protocol on the Internet world-wide.
    However...
    It can and often is the fault of Microsoft and its handling of a 'caps-lock' key...

Apology

Ah Gentlemen ! Thank you for the gentle reminder. I had just finished shouting at my computer screen, funny thing it didn't shout back. I can assure you the upper case was not intended to shout just to high-lite a most frustrating problem.
    I do appreciate your help and this forum and value my friendship with other pilots. Your point is well taken.

Much Regards
    Proptwister

Stumped

ncooper
    You will find a default cameras.cfg file in the FSX root folder.
    Copy it to C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX
    and let it overwrite the one that's already there.
    is seen as shouting.

Nick, thanks for the input. However nothing changed that padding is still there. I can stand up, look down at the instrument panel and fly the plane. Are Joop and myself the only ones with this problem ? If so I'll need a better pair of shoes.

Much Regards
    Dick

Hello,
    so far, I think you are the only two with this exact problem.
    I wonder what your installations have in common that most of use don't have?
    Regards,
    Nick

Back to v12

Thanks again Nick, tried every different scenario of installing v14, no difference. Thought I might have trouble with the base pak but if there is I cant find it.
    So, I'm flying V12 again.

Regards
    Dick

Rethinking

Thinking about this problem in a different light. To install V14 the Read Me has you uninstall v12. Could V12 left something that could cause this problem.
    If so right now I cant find it but will continue to look. Joop and myself both have had to reinstall V14 and at one time it was flying for us.

Still Stumped
    Proptwister
    Dick Swann

Members who have read this thread: 0