Need help with doing FSX Repair from disk

Thread: Need help with doing FSX Repair from disk

Need help with doing FSX Repair from disk

I Have FSX with Acceleration, due to somehow deleting some effects files, I need to run the repair part of the installation disk.
    I have tried to Google this but have come up empty handed. Can someone lead me to a step by step outline of how to run the repair?
    I did it a number of years ago and remember something about uninstalling acceleration, then SP2, SP1 , and then running the disk with the repair part in it. What disk is the repair part on?
    When I go to "Control Panel", then Programs, it lists only MSFS Acceleration. If I uninstall this, will it then show SP2? and then SP1 after SP2 is uninstalled? And then FSX? or is FSX left on the hard drive while the repair is running?
    After doing the repair, I will have to reinstall SP2 and SP1. I did a search here at the library, and did not find them, Looks like Microsoft doesn't offer them anymore.
    Thanks for any help.

If Acceleration was installed then there will be no SP1 or 2. Uninstall Acceleration, make à backup of your FSX.cfg (just in case), Run disc 1 and then disc 2 choosing the Repair option. When the Repair is finished, reinstall Acceleration.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Thank you MrZippy.
    It's been awhile since I was over at FlightSim. Are you the same person?

=Rudyjo;1114315]Thank you MrZippy.
    It's been awhile since I was over at FlightSim. Are you the same person?
    At least I was the last time I looked in the mirror!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

I am about ready to start doing the repair, have three questions before I start, it's easier to know what to expect ahead of time.
    1. My FSX is located under ( C: ), will the repair files go directly to where it finds FSX located or will it be asking where FSX is located?
    2. As this is a repair and not a new installation, will I be asked to type in the product key code?
    3. Is there a "Repair" section on the Acceleration disk that should be run after Acceleration has been reinstalled?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyjo View Post
    I am about ready to start doing the repair, have three questions before I start, it's easier to know what to expect ahead of time.
    1. My FSX is located under ( C: ), will the repair files go directly to where it finds FSX located or will it be asking where FSX is located?
    2. As this is a repair and not a new installation, will I be asked to type in the product key code?
    3. Is there a "Repair" section on the Acceleration disk that should be run after Acceleration has been reinstalled?
    Thanks!

1. Don't know. I run WinXP so I'm installed in the default location. Worst case, you'd point it at your install.

2. No need to reactivate the 2 disc install. Acceleration will need activation when it's reinstalled.

3. There is a Repair option for Acceleration, but I don't think you need run it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    1. Don't know. I run WinXP so I'm installed in the default location. Worst case, you'd point it at your install.

2. No need to reactivate the 2 disc install. Acceleration will need activation when it's reinstalled.

3. There is a Repair option for Acceleration, but I don't think you need run it.
    Thank you Sir

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyjo View Post
    Thank you Sir
    You're welcome! I'll take a raise outta petty cash tomorrow

Members who have read this thread: 0