VC-10 out now. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VC-10 out now.

We believe that we've tracked down the cause of the multiplayer CTD. There appears to be a bug in FSX related to the use of custom smoke effects in multiplayer and/or with AI traffic. If you are encountering CTDs in multiplayer then please get in touch with our support team and they'll send you a fix to try.

Hello Martyn,

I had already tracked that one down and was waiting to post
    after my colleagues had tested it.
    Unfortunately, they have not had time.
    I did nothing scientific except remove the effects from the effects folder,
    working on the basis that the most common error report is the visualfx.dll.
    I have been unable to replicate the C++ error since.
    Thanks and I hope that this is the correct resolution for what I think is
    otherwise an excellent aircraft model.
    I have sent a second support request asking for your fix.
    Regards,
    Nick

Thanks for the confirmation Nick. An updated version of VC10 Jetliner is now available which should work in multiplayer whilst allowing you to keep the smoke effect.

https://www.justflight.com/support/v...tliner/1840aa4

Changes include:

• Pitot heat fixed
    • Smoke effect on takeoff added
    • Contrails added
    • Improvements to fuel transfer/crossfeed system
    • Multiplayer CTD fix

Thanks
    Martyn
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Thanks Martyn.
    The service pack has cured the multiplayer problem.
    I still don't see any smoke on take off and I had contrails
    in any case, thanks to Precipitfx.
    All credit to you and your team for fixing this so promptly.
    Many thanks indeed for that.
    Regards,
    Nick

Good to see a job well done.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

I haven't bought any payware for a while now, but always had great experiences from Justflight and/or AH. Way back to CFS2 days. For a while I think I bought everything they sold. Ah, memories......

Jamie

PS. The memories are regarding a time when FS flying was a simpler affair all round, very much trouble free motoring and fun. I sometimes wonder if things are so real these days that we almost carry the burdens of a ground crew worrying about how to get the planes we care for to fly safely and correctly.

I watched the promo video, are the stairs and ground vehicles able to be turned off, for replacement by GSX?

Can I ask who of the two devs did the FDE and coding?

Paul Frimston did the FDEs, AH the models, some code, mapping and JF the "deeper' level coding and liveries.The vehicles are hard-coded.

Jeansy,

Yes, you can switch the ground equipment on/off via a switch beside the FE's panel. GSX vehicles work fine - at least they did for me when I just landed at HKJK

MPK

Hello,
    you can add and remove them from the FSX\P3D drop down menu too.
    I haven't really grasped how to set GSX up but this seems to be something like it?

Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Bunkiester View Post
    Jeansy,

Yes, you can switch the ground equipment on/off via a switch beside the FE's panel. GSX vehicles work fine - at least they did for me when I just landed at HKJK

MPK
    Thanks, that does help the decision, pending on the FDE and the demo

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    Hello,
    you can add and remove them from the FSX\P3D drop down menu too.
    I haven't really grasped how to set GSX up but this seems to be something like it?
    Im assuming your more a Aerosoft AES guy Nick, regardless, once you set up one aircraft, the others are easy, or you can wait for someone to post a profile on their forums

Been mostly out of Simming for a while but this model intrigued me enough to buy it but I have a serious issue which I hope the Just Flight Staff who frequents here can help with (and yes, I have submitted a ticket on this but had no way of showing the screenshots in the ticket). What is happening is that after I installed the model, the fuselage is showing transparent just ahead of the wing root and on towards the nose. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and made sure the virus scanner was off but to no avail, the issue still persists. The model functions fine otherwise. I have seen this type of anomaly before with a couple of models but usually it cleared up with a fresh install. Here are the screens of the issue. Any ideas?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Unfortunately that's not something that I've ever seen before but we will investigate with the help of the developers and get back to you via your support ticket.

Thanks
    Martyn
    Martyn

Usually, the planes missing some parts are due to two possible problems:
    - the lack of HIGHMEMFIX tweak in the FSX.cfg
    - the need to recompile the shaders (in c:\users\your name\appdata\local\microsoft\fsx\shaders)

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Usually, the planes missing some parts are due to two possible problems:
    - the lack of HIGHMEMFIX tweak in the FSX.cfg
    - the need to recompile the shaders (in c:\users\your name\appdata\local\microsoft\fsx\shaders)
    It's neither. Those items are G2G and all other models (including Just Flight models) work just fine.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The demo is now available - https://www.justflight.com/demos

Thanks
    Martyn
    Martyn

Is there a timeline for the transport/tanker versions?? Got a fairly complete walkaround of the one at Newquay earlier this summer and look forward to painting it.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Hi Dave,

We don't have a timeline/ETA just yet but will post more news as soon as it becomes available.

Thanks
    Martyn
    Martyn

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Been mostly out of Simming for a while but this model intrigued me enough to buy it but I have a serious issue which I hope the Just Flight Staff who frequents here can help with (and yes, I have submitted a ticket on this but had no way of showing the screenshots in the ticket). What is happening is that after I installed the model, the fuselage is showing transparent just ahead of the wing root and on towards the nose. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and made sure the virus scanner was off but to no avail, the issue still persists. The model functions fine otherwise. I have seen this type of anomaly before with a couple of models but usually it cleared up with a fresh install. Here are the screens of the issue. Any ideas?

[...)
    Most likely a corrupted shader cache.

While FSX is not running, delete everything under

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX\Shaders

Start FSX and it will rebuild it.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Dave Booker would have liked this one....

Still miss that old sailor!

Cees

I'd have liked to have seen him land it on a carrier

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post

Cees
    Me too. *sigh*

Brian

Well if HMS. Queen Elizabeth is that big and good he would have managed it. No other planes to get in the way.

Members who have read this thread: 1