VC-10 out now.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VC-10 out now.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries

VC-10 out now.

Just released by Just Flight. $37.

Oh yes! Long overdue.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Fantastic video, to begin with... !

What an elegant machine..
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

VERY interested to hear early reactions. Have been drawn to this airplane ever since my 1960s childhood - seeing them go out of JFK... and also hearing them. You always knew they were coming before you saw them thanks to the tearing sound the Conways made. Nothing else sounded like that.

Also wondering idly if at some point someone will do an Air Force One repaint so we can fly the Amalgamated Condor, the unfortunate centerpiece of The President's Plane is Missing. It was a VC-10 look-alike with, IIRC, an over-enthusiastic elevator trim. Robert J. Serling, the author, was the aviation writer for the Associated Press, so the aviation treatments are quite good. Side note - he was also the brother of Rod Serling of Twilight Zone fame.

Lots to look forward to here.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Although it looks good, it does seem to be the usual unfinished product.
    "Pure virtual function call error R6025" is a poor substitute for flying a virtual VC10.
    Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    Although it looks good, it does seem to be the usual unfinished product.
    "Pure virtual function call error R6025" is a poor substitute for flying a virtual VC10.
    Can you explain this Nick?

Cees

I installed the aircraft and when I selected ready for take off, as soon as
    the fourth engine was running the simulator crashed with that error.

Three of us have bought the aircraft, it will not work in multiplayer and can
    even generate the same error on another connected PC when the aircraft is not loaded.
    It may not be a first for a Just Flight product to have built in errors out of the box but it
    may be a first for it to also stop other aircraft from working.

It is a huge shame, the aircraft looks and sounds excellent and has been much anticipated.
    I would expect that the error can be fixed with a service pack but just once it might have been nice
    to have one work out of the box.
    Regards,
    Nick

I installed the aircraft and when I selected ready for take off, as soon as
    the fourth engine was running the simulator crashed with that error.

Three of us have bought the aircraft, it will not work in multiplayer and can
    even generate the same error on another connected PC when the aircraft is not loaded.
    It may not be a first for a Just Flight product to have built in errors out of the box but it
    may be a first for it to also stop other aircraft from working.

It is a huge shame, the aircraft looks and sounds excellent and has been much anticipated.
    I would expect that the error can be fixed with a service pack but just once it might have been nice
    to have one work out of the box.
    Ok, Scott here from Just Flight.

Sorry to hear you're experiencing problems, it's possibly related to our c++ gauges, I've reported it already. Not a widespread issue, other users are not having the same problem.

Can I also ask you if you've not already to open a ticket with our support team please just to ensure this gets dealt with as quickly as possible.

Thanks and once again apologies for this issue.

Support ticket submitted before these posts.
    Thanks.

This is the most common error in the windows error log

Faulting application path: G:\FSX\fsx.exe
    Faulting module path: G:\FSX\visualfx.dll

When the aircraft is set to cold and dark, the fuel tank selector is constantly activated, about once every second.
    Although there does not seem to be the runtime error in P3D v4, the fuel tank selector is constantly activated in
    the cold and dark state, as in FSX.
    Regards,
    Nick

Sorry to hear you're having problems.

Like you, I was waiting for this one; I was like a little kid at Christmas, waiting for Santa to arrive. I've so far finished two flights, PHNL-KSFO, and KSFO-KJFK - following the old BOAC round the world flight routes. Both were conducted in FSX - and the new AH/JF VC10 performed flawlessly. I'd been flying these routes for the last week using the DMFlightsim VC10's, and I must say the performance, handling etc. seemed very familiar. Speeds, fuel burn, etc all compared very favourably. Overall I'm extremely happy with the product. Next stop, EGLL!

AH really upped their game on this model - it's gorgeous (in my opinion). It's awfully nice to have something to replace the old DM model. That was a beautiful creation in it's day, but this model takes advantage of all the advances that have taken place in flightsims over the years.

Thanks to AH and JF for bringing this to us! Happy to read that the Super VC10 and RAF models will be coming out next year - that's another treat to look forward to!

MPK

Oh Ouch! I just spent my last euro on the B-50 IV. So wanted the VC-10. It'll have to wait till after the new year.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Been looking at the progress on this one for a long time and am looking forward to it, was hoping more for a super than the standard but glad to have it. But was wondering if when the super/RAF version does come out later, will it be an upgrade package to the existing model, or will it be a completely separate model you have to pay full price now. It would make a difference if I am willing to pay full price now.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Decided to pull the trigger on this, since I've always had a "furtive attraction" to this bird. I run P3D V4 on my laptop (yeah...and quite well, I might add...tons of ORBX...it's an MSI G73RF with Nvidia 1080), and I found NO issues. Flies nicely. Well done, AH/JF...now gimme my external fuel tanks on the F27, please! ().

Looking forward to the 1960's RAF paint scheme with the blue lightning bolt and big roundel the side of this baby....

Kent

Support ticket submitted before these posts.
    Thanks.

This is the most common error in the windows error log

When the aircraft is set to cold and dark, the fuel tank selector is constantly activated, about once every second.
    Although there does not seem to be the runtime error in P3D v4, the fuel tank selector is constantly activated in
    the cold and dark state, as in FSX.
    Thanks for the information Nick, we'll investigate.

Just to clarify, this product has been in testing for many months and we've not encountered a single CTD or error like that, but I'm sure that we'll be able to find a solution.

Martyn
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Thanks Martyn.
    Perhaps all three of us are making the same mistake.
    Two of us are on Windows 10 version 1703 15063.674.
    One Home and one Pro, the third is on Windows 7.
    Did you ever test it in FSX multiplayer?

I also have it installed in P3D v4 and it works just as it should
    but I don't use multiplayer in that simulator.

FSX then has a fatal error and this is in the event log.

Last edited by ncooper; November 30th, 2017 at 04:34.
    Regards,
    Nick

Hi Nick,

Multiplayer support is always difficult to achieve given the nature of custom coding/non-standard systems and how they are handled using the default multiplayer system, but the error shouldn't be occurring and I'm sure we'll find a solution. Glad to hear it's working fine in non-multiplayer P3D.

I'll be in touch via email as it'll that make it far easier to find the cause, test new gauges etc.

Thanks
    Martyn
    Martyn

Hi all,

Thanks for all of the positive feedback so far. We are very happy with the end result of many months of effort

Just a quick post to clarify a few things:

The Super/RAF Expansion Pack will be a payable expansion (a bit like our livery packs in the past) for VC10 Jetliner and Pro edition. The price (yet to be confirmed) will fairly reflect the amount of work that is involved in modelling and coding these extra variants, whilst taking into account the commonality with the existing Standard variant. The current plan is for the expansion to be released before the Pro edition, but it will work with both versions and you won’t need to purchase it twice.

The Pro edition will be a new/standalone product as it will have significant differences to the Jetliner edition, as well as serving a different market. As with our L-1011 Tristar, there will be a discount for existing owners of the Jetliner edition when purchasing the Pro edition. You will simply pay the difference between the Jetliner and Pro edition, so it won’t cost you any more to purchase and use the Jetliner edition whilst you wait for the Pro edition to be available next year.

This aircraft was a collaboration between the dev teams at Aeroplane Heaven and Just Flight, with our in-house team providing various custom-coded systems/features. Aeroplane Heaven have done a fantastic job with the model as I’m sure you can see from the screenshots and video, and we are confident that the level of systems functionality/complexity will keep you all busy and entertained.

A demo should be available shortly.

Thanks
    Martyn
    Martyn

I am one of the 3 people who were unable to fly the aircraft in Multiplayer as detailed in the post by Nick.

I have now had the opportunity to try the aircraft in single player, and find even more problems for me in VR.

I am using FSX with FlyInside using the Oculus Rift in Windows 10.

When I loaded the aircraft in single player mode, it took some considerable time to display in the headset - when it finally appeared there were graphic problems (see pic)

Worse still, the frame rates were appalling - low single figures on the monitor and less than the necessary 90 in the headset. This made a stuttering mess, totally unflyable and likely to induce nausea in no time at all.

Changing views took an age and eventually caused FSX to crash.

Was this aircraft ever tested in VR ?

Dave.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VC10.jpg  

Hi Dave,

Very psychedelic colours! In 15 years I've never seen anything like that in FSX/P3D, but I'm not a user of VR/FlyInside and that isn't something that is involved in our testing process. We aren't aware of the limitations or considerations required for that software, and therefore can't officially support it. Those texture patterns are unlike anything that FSX/P3D typically produces (usually white/black if missing or corrupt etc) so I suspect it has something to do with how FlyInside works.

We can only really guarantee full compatibility with FSX and P3D v1-v4 singleplayer with no additional (e.g. VR) software installed, as that is the environment in which the extensive testing takes place. In those environments we are not aware of any issues which would result in CTDs, texture issues or low FPS.

We'll take a look to see if there is anything we can do to offer VR/FlyInside compatibility though.

Edit: It seems that the 'Pure virtual function call error R6025' is pretty common in FSX using a variety of addons. We are looking into possible solutions.

Thanks
    Martyn
    Martyn

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post

Edit: It seems that the 'Pure virtual function call error R6025' is pretty common in FSX using a variety of addons. We are looking into possible solutions.
    Have users check and install every Visual C++ redistributable out there. Or ask the developer of any C++ gauge or module which compiler version was used and then use the corresponding redistributable package.

SOH-CM-2021
    Thanks to Nick and Dave for their observations. Two guys that I know, and whose advice and judgement I've had to call upon in the past with positive results. Thanks also to Martyn from Just Flight for promising to take a look at those problems and rectify if possible.

I've been looking forward to this VC10 as it was the first aircraft that I flew in multiplayer many moons ago. For the moment I'll heed my dear old Mum's advice and keep my hand on my halfpenny!

Dennis.

[QUOTE=Martyn;1114374

We can only really guarantee full compatibility with FSX and P3D v1-v4 singleplayer with no additional (e.g. VR) software installed, as that is the environment in which the extensive testing takes place. In those environments we are not aware of any issues which would result in CTDs, texture issues or low FPS.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your reply Martyn.

If that is the case, will you please consider a refund in my case as I only fly in VR and always in Multiplayer.

It might also be a good idea to include a note to that effect when software is released.

Regards,

Dave.

We believe that we've tracked down the cause of the multiplayer CTD. There appears to be a bug in FSX related to the use of custom smoke effects in multiplayer and/or with AI traffic. If you are encountering CTDs in multiplayer then please get in touch with our support team and they'll send you a fix to try.

Thanks
    Martyn
    Martyn

Quote Originally Posted by davebelsey View Post
    Thanks for your reply Martyn.

If that is the case, will you please consider a refund in my case as I only fly in VR and always in Multiplayer.

It might also be a good idea to include a note to that effect when software is released.

Regards,

Dave.
    Hi Dave,

Please contact our support team via the JF website (https://www.justflight.com/support-contact) and they'll be happy to sort that out for you.

We have hopefully resolved the multiplayer issue (see above). As with any developer/product, we can't guarantee compatibility with third-party software such as FlyInside and it's not really feasible to list such software on the product page.

Thanks
    Martyn
    Martyn

Members who have read this thread: 0