Trying to register at Prepar3D's forums.......

Thread: Trying to register at Prepar3D's forums.......

Angry Trying to register at Prepar3D's forums.......

I have been trying for 2 days to register at the Prepar3D forum, to not only ask about my issue there, but see what else is coming down the pipeline. I cannot figure the goofy anti-spam bot protection. Keeps asking to identify the middle 5 characters in their string.....I tried to figure out the middle 5, the 5th character and the 4th, 5th and 6th characters......still cannot log on.

Can a smarter person than I explain the "middle 5 characters" so I can log on and register?

Apologies for being a pain in the arse, but hoping maybe they can provide me an F-22 file I can then insert into my install, except now I cannot get the content to install without an error message.

About to the point of frustration of deleting and reinstalling, though my gf will not be happy at all about that option.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post

Apologies for being a pain in the arse, but hoping maybe they can provide me an F-22 file I can then insert into my install, except now I cannot get the content to install without an error message.

About to the point of frustration of deleting and reinstalling, though my gf will not be happy at all about that option.
    Delete the F22 folder in simobjects and do a repair via the content.exe, it will only reinstall the missing files, it wont change any config setting

repair in p3d works differently to fsx where fsx will overwrite all files, p3d only installs missing files,

most major p3d problems can be resolved by deleting the corrupt file or folder and then conducting a repair

I have tried to register with the P3D forums numerous times and haven't been able to get past the captcha characters either.
    There is no way to contact someone there to get help with it either...so I have just given up.

StuB

I have been trying for 2 days to register at the Prepar3D forum, to not only ask about my issue there, but see what else is coming down the pipeline. I cannot figure the goofy anti-spam bot protection. Keeps asking to identify the middle 5 characters in their string.....I tried to figure out the middle 5, the 5th character and the 4th, 5th and 6th characters......still cannot log on.

Can a smarter person than I explain the "middle 5 characters" so I can log on and register?

Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

Quote Originally Posted by awstub View Post
    I have tried to register with the P3D forums numerous times and haven't been able to get past the captcha characters either.
    There is no way to contact someone there to get help with it either...so I have just given up.

StuB
    Yep, their captcha is too much for my simple brain......glad I am not alone.

Matt

Maybe you could post a copy of the captcha here, and someone could help? Just the captcha, not the whole
    page. I don't think that would violate security rules, since the captcha changes every time.

I got my log in about 6 months ago and I've forgotten the details. But as I recall, there were 7 characters in the
    captcha. So you ignore character no. 1 and character no. 7, and just typed in the remaining 5 characters
    no.'s 2 to 6 in their listed order.

However, the first time I tried, it failed. I thought at first it was the captcha, but then I noticed their was a small
    red error message, I think at the top of the page (I had used the wrong serial code from my v4 install). So if it fails
    again, maybe double check there isn't an error message about wrong information having nothing to do with the
    captcha somewhere on the page..

Just a thought.

- Rob

Hello

Here are 2 of the Confirmation Questions

What are the middle five characters of ~&x=x*=?:

Answer &x=x*

------------

What are the middle five characters of x3z!&!z3x?:

Answer z!&!z

--------------------------

The ?: at the end of both Questions do not count as characters and this is where the confusion arises
    Last edited by poppet; December 1st, 2017 at 03:27.
    Elaine

Quote Originally Posted by poppet View Post
    The ?: at the end of both Questions do not count as characters and this is where the confusion arises
    In that case it is a very poor system. This sort of Gottcha should not be part of a Captcha!
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by poppet View Post
    Hello

Here are 2 of the Confirmation Questions

What are the middle five characters of ~&x=x*=?:

Answer &x=x*

------------

What are the middle five characters of x3z!&!z3x?:

Answer z!&!z

--------------------------

Thanks Poppet. I feel really dumb now.....just been the weirdest Captcha image anywhere I have seen.....thanks again

Matt

Members who have read this thread: 0