Boeing B-50 V1 Released - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Boeing B-50 V1 Released

I down loaded from another site and all works. Must have been a bad d/l. What a wonderful bird. Thanks all.....

no tanks

I did the virtavia merge and I don't see any textures with the tanks.

Edit: I reverted to the stock liveries (without the b29 virtavia merge) and the tanks appear.

So, I guess if you want the B29 merge, the liveries with wing tanks will not display with wing tanks.

ALR and DLR series will not display with wing tanks. Sounds like a either/or (wing tanks) with the B29 merge.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    What I am slowly beginning to discover is that retaining the original Monitor panel code/gauges along with the Virtavia B-29 gauges and files in both the panel.cfg and the panel folder is required to continue to have the DLR tanks option...while still using the Virtavia B-29 VC.

Kent
    Can you please elaborate on that? Sounds like the B29 panel will work and the wing tanks will show. If that is true then I would like to know how that is done.

Is it not as simple as adding the gauges sections which control the extra features from the stock panel to the entries in the B-29 panel.cfg (+copying over the involved gauges)?

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I did the virtavia merge and I don't see any textures with the tanks. Edit: I reverted to the stock liveries (without the b29 virtavia merge) and the tanks appear. So, I guess if you want the B29 merge, the liveries with wing tanks will not display with wing tanks. ALR and DLR series will not display with wing tanks. Sounds like a either/or (wing tanks) with the B29 merge.
    Your right as the vc.mdl is for a b29, cockpitwise youre fine but anything external will be a modeled as a b29 not its all about the mdl not panel cfg

Perhaps further development will render additional interior cockpit views, i.e. engineers station, radio station, such as was visible in the B29.
    I appreciate and wish to thank Team 50's efforts for the B-50.

Boeing B-50 Superfortress ( KB-50J ) U.S. Air Force

Never heard of this variant.
    Their speed enhanced by the addition of two 5,200-pound-thrust (235-kilogram-thrust) jet engines, so at 400 mph (644 km/h) they could refuel jet aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    Actually, Pat...the Washington B.1s were B-29s.

Cheers,

Kent
    And they looked quite nice with the roundels on them! I did have to get the Washington texture here For my B-29 simply because the polish was so nice on it! Hoping someone does Doc someday!

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    Is it not as simple as adding the gauges sections which control the extra features from the stock panel to the entries in the B-29 panel.cfg (+copying over the involved gauges)?
    If one CAREFULLY follows Frank's instructions for the VC merge and edakridge's instructions TO THE LETTER and adds the monitor panel to the B-29 panel config (Windows) all is well. I have the B-29 panel with B-50 yoke button, tanks where appropriate, and a functional monitor panel (shift 5). It's a beautiful thing! And I'm just an old fart who's definitely not what you'd call "tech savvy". YMMV...

The OMS

Missing Textures and Scenery Issues ....

Quote Originally Posted by LE151 View Post
    Howdy Folks,
    Has anyone reported not seeing the actual exterior of the plane show up when first loading the aircraft in FSX??......will probably get "rapped in the mouth" for this but I didn't read the install directions, and just put the B50 file in my sim-objects/airplanes folder.....sorry......was limited on my time. I noticed that if I switched to windowed mode the model shows up then I can go back to full-screen mode and the exterior of the model stays. However when I switch into the VC mode I can't see the wing or engine (they are invisible)....I can see the prop spin, but nothing else....when looking out of the window from the pilots position. It is like this when I first start the sim. The outside of the B-50 is invisible, but I can switch to VC mode and from the VC I can see the port side wing and engines....only when I switch to windowed mode does it seem to somewhat correct the issue. It's really weird from the outside view the shadow of the plane is on the ground but the actual plane is invisible. I am running FSX/Acceleraton....(I guess one of the minimum requirements)....however this model looks absolutely astounding.....was testing it a bit today.....love to have this for my hangar!!
    Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Hi, Odie. Yes, as you figured out. Basically the entire model is corrupted when I load the B-50, from the VC to the external view to the surrounding scenery.

I've been monitoring all the suggestions here and did some more testing, but it all comes down to the one gauge I mentioned. When the gauge is removed from the panel.cfg, I can still fly and enjoy it but just without all whistles and bells. And the scenery is back to normal.

Guess this is why a new release starts with Version 1.

Hi guys,

I've been closely following this thread. I have not yet downloaded this beautiful aircraft, as I'm currently first trying to sort out these same issues with the ' C-97 V3 Model ' which I downloaded just last week. I have not done any modifications to this C-97 V3 Model.

Yesterday I flew around Orbx's KPSP, and noticed, when viewed from the VC, one of the roads leading out of town was lined with 'black' star-like outlines where the trees would normally be - as if these textures were not loading properly. Switched to another aircraft, flew same route and all is well again. I never thought this would be related to the C-97 aircraft or any of it's gauges until I read this account here by '@WarHorse47' and '@Odie'. I guess I'm not the only one, and the B-50 is not the only model which is doing this. Hopefully it's a simple 'fix'.

Furthermore, regarding the missing aircraft textures (ie. wings) when viewed from the captain's seat in the VC, as reported by '@LE151' - I have the exact same issues with the C-97 V3 Model and have set up a post here re this :
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/108351-Boeing-C-97-V3-Update-Query

I am running FSX Deluxe Ed. with SP 1 and 2.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Hi guys,

I've been closely following this thread. I have not yet downloaded this beautiful aircraft, as I'm currently first trying to sort out these same issues with the ' C-97 V3 Model ' which I downloaded just last week. I have not done any modifications to this C-97 V3 Model.

Yesterday I flew around Orbx's KPSP, and noticed, when viewed from the VC, one of the roads leading out of town was lined with 'black' star-like outlines where the trees would normally be - as if these textures were not loading properly. Switched to another aircraft, flew same route and all is well again. I never thought this would be related to the C-97 aircraft or any of it's gauges until I read this account here by '@WarHorse47' and '@Odie'. I guess I'm not the only one, and the B-50 is not the only model which is doing this. Hopefully it's a simple 'fix'.

Furthermore, regarding the missing aircraft textures (ie. wings) when viewed from the captain's seat in the VC, as reported by '@LE151' - I have the exact same issues with the C-97 V3 Model and have set up a post here re this :
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/108351-Boeing-C-97-V3-Update-Query

I am running FSX Deluxe Ed. with SP 1 and 2.
    Hi MZee......I remembered that when I first jumped into FSX after installing the B-50 I remembered that I had "aircraft casts shadow on ground" checked under aircraft settings. I could see the B-50's shadow on the ground but the aircraft was invisible(except for a few certain parts). When I flew her today I unchecked "aircraft casts shadow on ground" and POOF.....everything was there.....I'm guessing there in lies the issue. I just wanted to thank "MJ" for the spectacular aircraft.........she really is a lovely lady, and she fly's superbly!!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2017-nov-28-007.jpg  
    OS Vista 64 Home Basic
    WD 1.5 TB HD
    EVGA 550Ti 2GB MEM
    GSKILL RIPJAWS 8GB RAM
    Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHZ
    XION High Performance 1000W PS
    FSX/Acceleration

Hi MZee......I remembered that when I first jumped into FSX after installing the B-50 I remembered that I had "aircraft casts shadow on ground" checked under aircraft settings. I could see the B-50's shadow on the ground but the aircraft was invisible(except for a few certain parts). When I flew her today I unchecked "aircraft casts shadow on ground" and POOF.....everything was there.....I'm guessing there in lies the issue. I just wanted to thank "MJ" for the spectacular aircraft.........she really is a lovely lady, and she fly's superbly!!

Hi @LE151,

I don't have the B-50 downloaded yet, as I'm still trying to work out the same issues with the C-97 V3.
    I unchecked the 'aircraft casts shadows on ground' option already - this did not help and wing still invisible from VC view.
    Perhaps it's different in the B-50 model version ??
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

B-50 cockpit

Would it be possible to see any pics or drawings of the B-50 cockpit..?

Thanks...

First, I gotta say that I can't do anything related to problems encountered when hitching up the Virtavia cockpit. Other than saying revert to the original that came in the zip or possibly wait until Virtavia gets in on the act.

As for reports on issues with the default config I'd naturally like to get to the bottom of it and offer a cure if possible. For this it is always helpful if we can replicate the issue. To help us along, you could show the Monitor window and specify frame rate, scenery and location, dxt9 or dxt10, and possibly other suspicious detail. Monitor has a 'Test' subpanel where we can monitor (ha!) individual variables. Even if it should turn out that nothing can be done about a particular problem, we can at least warn prospective users about "known issues".

P.S. As for the C-97 VC not displaying any wing views I was able to replicate that - it doesn't have any. The B-50 has them, though.

P.P.S. Aircraft that only work if "cast shadow on ground" is disabled are unacceptable to me. I would tell users to get rid of it if that were the case.

Absolutely STUNNING in P3Dv4!!

Thank you Manfred once again for your generosity. You continue to rank at the top of freeware developers. Just wish your L-749 could be converted to work in P3Dv4!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Thank you MJ for this

I look forward to flying and if time permitting painting it

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Never heard of this variant.
    Their speed enhanced by the addition of two 5,200-pound-thrust (235-kilogram-thrust) jet engines, so at 400 mph (644 km/h) they could refuel jet aircraft.

They were common performers at air displays in the UK. They would tow a B-66 at the centre line drogue, with an F-100 and an F-101 on the wing station drogues. They were notorious for flying over the wrong airfield.

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    First, I gotta say that I can't do anything related to problems encountered when hitching up the Virtavia cockpit. Other than saying revert to the original that came in the zip or possibly wait until Virtavia gets in on the act.

As for reports on issues with the default config I'd naturally like to get to the bottom of it and offer a cure if possible. For this it is always helpful if we can replicate the issue. To help us along, you could show the Monitor window and specify frame rate, scenery and location, dxt9 or dxt10, and possibly other suspicious detail. Monitor has a 'Test' subpanel where we can monitor (ha!) individual variables. Even if it should turn out that nothing can be done about a particular problem, we can at least warn prospective users about "known issues".

P.S. As for the C-97 VC not displaying any wing views I was able to replicate that - it doesn't have any. The B-50 has them, though.

P.P.S. Aircraft that only work if "cast shadow on ground" is disabled are unacceptable to me. I would tell users to get rid of it if that were the case.

Hi Manfred,

I have moved the C-97 queries to this thread :

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...3-Update-Query

Thank-you.
    MZ
    Cheers, MZee ...

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Hi @LE151,

I don't have the B-50 downloaded yet, as I'm still trying to work out the same issues with the C-97 V3.
    I unchecked the 'aircraft casts shadows on ground' option already - this did not help and wing still invisible from VC view.
    Perhaps it's different in the B-50 model version ??
    Well that is strange........I'm not sure if mine was a fluke or not........I will have to test it when I get a chance to fly again and hopefully try to reproduce the problem and take some "screenies" of them. I believe that I'm flying DX9 due to my DX10 preview being unchecked. Perhaps we'll get to the bottom of it. Chat with you all soon........
    OS Vista 64 Home Basic
    WD 1.5 TB HD
    EVGA 550Ti 2GB MEM
    GSKILL RIPJAWS 8GB RAM
    FSX/Acceleration

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    Yes Sir,
    I understand your dedication. I will test it again when I get a chance. Check and uncheck the box to see what affect it has on the model if any. I'm flying one of the oldest versions of FSX/Accel (Boxed, no....not "Gold" either). Even if my version causes issues with "aircraft shadows" I'm OK with it (different strokes). I had a great flight the other day with all views working and all exteriors/interiors showing. Thanks for the model...I had been waiting/hoping that someone would do a B-50 for FSX. I asked Virtavia about doing one shortly after they put out the B-29.......they basically told me to "piss-off"....so thanks again "MJ"...she is a beauty for the virtual skies.
    OS Vista 64 Home Basic
    WD 1.5 TB HD
    EVGA 550Ti 2GB MEM
    GSKILL RIPJAWS 8GB RAM
    FSX/Acceleration

Well that is strange........I'm not sure if mine was a fluke or not........I will have to test it when I get a chance to fly again and hopefully try to reproduce the problem and take some "screenies" of them. I believe that I'm flying DX9 due to my DX10 preview being unchecked. Perhaps we'll get to the bottom of it. Chat with you all soon........
    Hi,

In post #89 above, Manfred has already confirmed that the 'missing wing' texture issue when viewed from the VC is only related to the C-97 model. The B-50 model has them visible.
    Cheers, MZee ...

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    Would it be possible to see any pics or drawings of the B-50 cockpit..?
    I don't think there are any on the net. Geoff Hays's book on the B-50 ist still available, and has several pictures of the cockpit. It is basically identical to the B-29 pit of which you can find many pics. Why, are you offering to model one?

@Gray Eagle, don't touch the Shift-5 "Keys" panel, it's a systems gauge. I'll move it out of the way the next time around.

@All, here is a preview of a turret-less WB-50D. The RB, EB, and TB versions were basically similar. I am putting some finishing touches on it and then it will be out as well.

very nice!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Very very nice !

Members who have read this thread: 1