Boeing B-50 V1 Released - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Boeing B-50 V1 Released

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    Try putting the new yoke in the "texture.virtavia" folder.
    I have the virtavia installed in FSX/A and the B-50 in P3D V3.4, I see no texture.virtavia folder. Maybe someone can just paint
    the yoke cap to look like the replacement one. Don't know if the real deal had B 50 on it or not.

EDIT: I think I'll just use the stock cockpit that way it was made (issued). Everything seems to function fine in P3D V3.4
    The gun turrets move and the landing call outs work. Besides, I'm a bit technically challenged to fiddle with another VC
    cockpit.
    Last edited by gray eagle; November 27th, 2017 at 10:41.

As ColoKent has said, a word of caution re the merging of cockpits seems to be in order. Tried to allude to this before but will be more explicit here.

Monitor to "appear minimized" and other seemingly missing features are sure signs of lacking functionality most likely due to the fact that your plane no longer accesses a couple of crucial system gauges from the original panel folder.

To test for yourself, don't let all of your variants point to a substitute folder (e.g., panel.B29) . Then fly a plane in the original config (accessing the original panel folder) and verify whether you get the following functions:

- the long-range wing tanks if set in the title= line,
    - correct nose-cone display
    - full Monitor display
    - callouts on operating gear and flaps
    - altitude callouts on landing
    - reversing when activating the water-rudder key (Ctrl+W, or assigned button (a massive boon))
    - mouse operation of turrets in P3D
    - dynamic reconfiguration on reloads

Whatever tweaking you do, these features should ALL be present and in working order.

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    As ColoKent has said, a word of caution re the merging of cockpits seems to be in order. Tried to allude to this before but will be more explicit here.

Monitor to "appear minimized" and other seemingly missing features are sure signs of lacking functionality most likely due to the fact that your plane no longer accesses a couple of crucial system gauges from the original panel folder.

To test for yourself, don't let all of your variants point to a substitute folder (e.g., panel.B29) . Then fly a plane in the original config (accessing the original panel folder) and verify whether you get the following functions:

- the long-range wing tanks if set in the title= line,
    - correct nose-cone display
    - full Monitor display
    - callouts on operating gear and flaps
    - altitude callouts on landing
    - reversing when activating the water-rudder key (Ctrl+W, or assigned button (a massive boon))
    - mouse operation of turrets in P3D
    - dynamic reconfiguration on reloads

Whatever tweaking you do, these features should ALL be present and in working order.
    Thank you, but my issue is more extensive. And I think I've narrowed down the cause.

Specifically, whenever the B50!Sim_B50 gauge is run in the panel.cfg for either the standard or the merged panel, I get distortion of the VC, exterior model and surrounding scenery. Whenever I remove this gauge, all is fine except I've disabled the features mentioned above.

I have no idea what the conflict is so I will leave that to the experts. In the meantime the aircraft looks great and flies great. Thanks for your teams effort.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

IMHO...and meaning no offense to anyone.
    Donīt know how and not going to follow sugestions to modify anything on this great project. Not aware if authors previously agreed with modifs. If not ,any modification should be made either with full and previous acceptance by the authors or only by themselves. They just said when making their work available for all "Any comments and suggestions most welcome"...
    Regards

Here we evidently have a compatibility issue, and there may be others not yet encountered. Until I am given proper permission to do anything about it I better let sleeping dogs lie.

Quote Originally Posted by edakridge View Post
    Thank you Sir!!

The Old Master Sergeant

Effect file

Was looking thru the aircraft.cfg/Effects section and I find this:

touchdown=fx_tchdwn_x //fx_dummy <<<< is this file even functional with the B50?

What is this file for? Is this a stock P3D V3.4 file? I don't think that file has any other dependencies with other aircraft in my P3D inventory.
    I do have this file in FSX/A.

Thanks

-Again a great machine!
    Thank you Sir!

Alain
    -

Simply amazing - thank you, Manfred, for your generosity.

Taff
    The grass is always greener on the other side...

But, it's just as hard to mow!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I think that I have found the cure for both the Monitor window minimized and the external tanks not showing. It is one of the original gauges from the B-50. Below are step by step instructions on how to correct these issues.

1. Copy these files/folders from the original B-50 panel folder: (Folders) B50, DSDSounds, Monitor (Files) B50_dsd_P3Dv4_xml_x64_sound.dll or B50_dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau, dsd_p3d_fuel_dump_x64.dll or dsd_fsx_fuel_dump.dll.
    2. Use the gauges ending in X64 ONLY if you are using P3Dv4 !
    3. Copy the following lines into the[Vcockpit01] section of your Panel.cfg:

gaugeXX=B50_dsd_P3Dv4_xml_x64_sound!Sound, 1,1,1,1,/DSDSounds/B50sounds.ini gaugeXX=B50!Sim_B50, 0,1,1,1

4. Replace XX with the next sequential number.

This worked for me. All of my testing is taking place with P3Dv4.

My Mistake! I left a very important line of Panel.cfg code out. The line below also needs to be added to [Vcockpit01].

gaugeXX=B50!Sim_B50, 0,1,1,1

Thank you Team 50 for the great aircraft!
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Was looking thru the aircraft.cfg/Effects section and I find this:

touchdown=fx_tchdwn_x //fx_dummy <<<< is this file even functional with the B50?

What is this file for? Is this a stock P3D V3.4 file? I don't think that file has any other dependencies with other aircraft in my P3D inventory.
    I do have this file in FSX/A.

Thanks
    Usually you see it as touchdown=fx_dummy. When you land the sim tries to use an effect file named fx_dummy.fx for the tire smoke.
    But since there is no such effect file the result is no tire smoke. This is because the default tire smoke in FSX/P3D can be a bit much at times.
    This technique works well for AI aircraft doing touch and go.

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Usually you see it as touchdown=fx_dummy. When you land the sim tries to use an effect file named fx_dummy.fx for the tire smoke.
    But since there is no such effect file the result is no tire smoke. This is because the default tire smoke in FSX/P3D can be a bit much at times.
    This technique works well for AI aircraft doing touch and go.

Hope this helps
    It does sorta, I guess the files fx_tchdwn_x is a real effect file and the part after the slash > //fx_dummy is some kind of notation of a dummy file.
    Anyway, I tried a touchdown=fx_tchdwn, 1, and the tires look like they were really roasting (smokey) I reverted back to the original effect file
    and could see that the tire smoke effect was toned down a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    It does sorta, I guess the files fx_tchdwn_x is a real effect file and the part after the slash > //fx_dummy is some kind of notation of a dummy file.
    Anyway, I tried a touchdown=fx_tchdwn, 1, and the tires look like they were really roasting (smokey) I reverted back to the original effect file
    and could see that the tire smoke effect was toned down a lot.
    I use an effect called Voodoo_touchdown. It has toned down the default smoke quite a bit.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

My Mistake! I left a very important line of Panel.cfg code out. The line below also needs to be added to [Vcockpit01].

gaugeXX=B50!Sim_B50, 0,1,1,1
    Thanks edakridge your find works for me in FSX-SE.

Howdy Folks,
    Has anyone reported not seeing the actual exterior of the plane show up when first loading the aircraft in FSX??......will probably get "rapped in the mouth" for this but I didn't read the install directions, and just put the B50 file in my sim-objects/airplanes folder.....sorry......was limited on my time. I noticed that if I switched to windowed mode the model shows up then I can go back to full-screen mode and the exterior of the model stays. However when I switch into the VC mode I can't see the wing or engine (they are invisible)....I can see the prop spin, but nothing else....when looking out of the window from the pilots position. It is like this when I first start the sim. The outside of the B-50 is invisible, but I can switch to VC mode and from the VC I can see the port side wing and engines....only when I switch to windowed mode does it seem to somewhat correct the issue. It's really weird from the outside view the shadow of the plane is on the ground but the actual plane is invisible. I am running FSX/Acceleraton....(I guess one of the minimum requirements)....however this model looks absolutely astounding.....was testing it a bit today.....love to have this for my hangar!!
    OS Vista 64 Home Basic
    WD 1.5 TB HD
    EVGA 550Ti 2GB MEM
    GSKILL RIPJAWS 8GB RAM
    Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHZ
    XION High Performance 1000W PS
    FSX/Acceleration

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Thank you, but my issue is more extensive. And I think I've narrowed down the cause.

Specifically, whenever the B50!Sim_B50 gauge is run in the panel.cfg for either the standard or the merged panel, I get distortion of the VC, exterior model and surrounding scenery. Whenever I remove this gauge, all is fine except I've disabled the features mentioned above.

I have no idea what the conflict is so I will leave that to the experts. In the meantime the aircraft looks great and flies great. Thanks for your teams effort.
    Hey Warhorse, did your Orbx PNW scenery return to normal as well? Nevermind. Didn't catch the surrounding scenery part of your post. Question answered. Thanks.

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Ladies and Gentlemen, I think that I have found the cure for both the Monitor window minimized and the external tanks not showing. It is one of the original gauges from the B-50. Below are step by step instructions on how to correct these issues.

1. Copy these files/folders from the original B-50 panel folder: (Folders) B50, DSDSounds, Monitor (Files) B50_dsd_P3Dv4_xml_x64_sound.dll or B50_dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau, dsd_p3d_fuel_dump_x64.dll or dsd_fsx_fuel_dump.dll.
    2. Use the gauges ending in X64 ONLY if you are using P3Dv4 !
    3. Copy the following lines into the[Vcockpit01] section of your Panel.cfg:

gaugeXX=B50_dsd_P3Dv4_xml_x64_sound!Sound, 1,1,1,1,/DSDSounds/B50sounds.ini gaugeXX=B50!Sim_B50, 0,1,1,1

4. Replace XX with the next sequential number.

This worked for me. All of my testing is taking place with P3Dv4.
    Works for me in FSX Steam. Had to add the Monitor panel to the B-29 panel config though. Many "tanks" for your work on this!

OMS

Quote Originally Posted by Odie View Post
    Hey Warhorse, did your Orbx PNW scenery return to normal as well? Nevermind. Didn't catch the surrounding scenery part of your post. Question answered. Thanks.
    Hi, Odie. Yes, as you figured out. Basically the entire model is corrupted when I load the B-50, from the VC to the external view to the surrounding scenery.

I've been monitoring all the suggestions here and did some more testing, but it all comes down to the one gauge I mentioned. When the gauge is removed from the panel.cfg, I can still fly and enjoy it but just without all whistles and bells. And the scenery is back to normal.

Guess this is why a new release starts with Version 1.
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Just the old REX Essential Plus addon for sky and cloud textures (Cumulus Set 1), and the weather formation I just handle myself - just a couple different cloud layers with different thicknesses and different coverage percentages. Of course the goal is to always try and create a John Dibbs sort of sky for the background.

Marc Roth, I love the way the aircraft feels/flies - it handles very realistically. The Ted Wolfgang soundset is of course fantastic as well - I love the sound at takeoff when advancing the throttles all the way up to takeoff power.
    You have some of the best screenshots around... how to you get such crisp aircraft self shadows?

Anyways, I think I better stick with sounds than painting... not much hope for me in that department.

The new way of doing sounds is using the [PROP] command rather than [COMBUSTION] command which I'm converting the C-47 to.
    I seen Adam Murphy use the props in his sound sets few years ago and now I see that in MilViz sound sets.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Just made this merge. Will write up the how-to in a few minutes.

Thanks Frank for the merge directions.
    Thanks edakridge I was able to add that B50 yoke cover and it looks nice.

I cannot use the default VC in FSXA for some reason. The VC glass is opaque, the external model is all screwed up and missing parts. Looks like a prop in the middle of the fuselage . Anyone know what's going on? Tried reinstall and same problems. HELP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Hi, Odie. Yes, as you figured out. Basically the entire model is corrupted when I load the B-50, from the VC to the external view to the surrounding scenery.

I've been monitoring all the suggestions here and did some more testing, but it all comes down to the one gauge I mentioned. When the gauge is removed from the panel.cfg, I can still fly and enjoy it but just without all whistles and bells. And the scenery is back to normal.

Guess this is why a new release starts with Version 1.
    Brief update. I took an hour this morning and did some more testing. Latest results are that there is no correlation between the corruption and the Orbx scenery. I did a fresh reinstall (without the Virtavia VC merge) and loaded the a/c outside the Orbx PNW area and the problems are the same.
    -- WH

Members who have read this thread: 2