Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I've looked at the DSD Sounds and the following I do not here while flying

Rotate_A.wav
    Set Cruise Power-2.wav
    SetCowlsTakeoffboth.wav
    APPMIN.wav
    Decision Height.wav
    minimum.wav

When I land, I hear the decent call outs, and the flaps set at the various settings okay.
    I believe it is something to do with the DSD config file B50sounds.ini located in ../panel/DSDSounds.
    Someone could investigate on [Sounds] and [LVars] sections and their interaction.
    °°°°°°°°
    [Config]
    MaxSounds=35
    GlobalCommands=DSDGlobals
    VolumeVarIn=dsd_xml_sound_volume_in
    PanVarIn=dsd_xml_sound_pan_in
    VolumeVarOut=dsd_xml_sound_volume_out
    PanVarOut=dsd_xml_sound_pan_out
    LoopOut=dsd_xml_sound_loop_out
    VolumePlayed=dsd_volume_played
    PanPlayed=dsd_pan_played
    LoopPlayed=dsd_loop_played

[Sounds]
    Sound00=\panel\DSDSounds\Gear Up_2.wav, -2000
    Sound01=\panel\DSDSounds\Set Cruise Power-2.wav, -2000
    Sound02=\panel\DSDSounds\Takeoff Power.wav, -2200
    Sound03=\panel\DSDSounds\Set Flaps 33both.wav, -2000
    Sound04=\panel\DSDSounds\Set Flaps 55both.wav, -2000
    Sound05=\panel\DSDSounds\Set Flaps 100both.wav, -2000
    Sound06=\panel\DSDSounds\Flaps Retract.wav, -2000
    Sound07=\panel\DSDSounds\Set Flaps 80.wav, -2000
    Sound08=\panel\DSDSounds\Flaps 20.wav, -2000
    Sound09=\panel\DSDSounds\Gear Down-2.wav, -2000
    Sound10=\panel\DSDSounds\SetCowlsTakeoffboth.wav, -2000
    Sound11=\panel\DSDSounds\turret.wav, -300
    Sound12=\panel\DSDSounds\Boom Ready for contact.wav, -2000
    Sound13=\panel\DSDSounds\Decision Height.wav, -100
    Sound14=\panel\DSDSounds\SB01_Brakes.wav, -1500
    Sound15=\panel\DSDSounds\J47 Turbojet engine.wav, -1300
    Sound16=\panel\DSDSounds\J47 Turbojet engine shutdown.wav, -1500
    Sound17=\panel\DSDSounds\TFS_starter_right1.wav, -6000
    Sound18=\panel\DSDSounds\100FT.wav, -10
    Sound19=\panel\DSDSounds\200FT.wav, -10
    Sound20=\panel\DSDSounds\300FT.wav, -10
    Sound21=\panel\DSDSounds\400FT.wav, -10
    Sound22=\panel\DSDSounds\500FT.wav, -10
    Sound23=\panel\DSDSounds\10FT.wav, -10
    Sound24=\panel\DSDSounds\20FT.wav, -10
    Sound25=\panel\DSDSounds\30FT.wav, -10
    Sound26=\panel\DSDSounds\40FT.wav, -10
    Sound27=\panel\DSDSounds\50FT.wav, -10
    Sound28=\panel\DSDSounds\cabin.wav, -2000

[LVars]
    Lvar00=Gearup
    Lvar01=Cruisepower
    Lvar02=Takeoffpower
    Lvar03=Flaps33
    Lvar04=Flaps55
    Lvar05=Flaps100
    Lvar06=Flaps0
    Lvar07=Flaps80
    Lvar08=Flaps20
    Lvar09=Geardown
    Lvar10=Cowlflapsset
    Lvar11=Turret
    Lvar12=Boomready
    Lvar13=Decisionheight
    Lvar14=Brakes
    Lvar15=J47run
    Lvar16=J47shutdn
    Lvar17=DG_TFS_starter_right1
    Lvar18=alt100
    Lvar19=alt200
    Lvar20=alt300
    Lvar21=alt400
    Lvar22=alt500
    Lvar23=alt10
    Lvar24=alt20
    Lvar25=alt30
    Lvar26=alt40
    Lvar27=alt50
    Lvar28=cabin

°°°°°°°°°°°°°
    Giorgio.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I read that but I am confused. I am have issues not hearing all the sounds in the DSD Sound folder and don't understand how that pertains to my issue....
    Hi @greyeagle,

Sorry to appear a bit 'down', well, perhaps 'depressed' is a better word, but after reading @mjahn's comment wrt the B-50 '... the waters have been getting muddier and muddier. Time for me to admit defeat and let it rest' - I interpreted this to mean basically that there will be no more attempts to do 'fixes' as no common denominator for the graphics issues has been found to date. I agree, as my graphics issues have taken all of the pleasure out of flying this beautiful aircraft. I think the only way to continue forth on this project (keep in mind this was only V1) is IF someone stumbles across the root cause of the graphical issues several people have been experiencing. I'm just keeping fingers crossed that day will come in the future. This is 'hands down' the best-looking B-50 I have come across and I would hate to not be able to fly it in the virtual world. Maybe when I make the move over to P3D in the spring of next year, it may work for me there. I will definitely give it a try. For the time being, it's 'parked' in my downloads folder.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

I'm just trying to figure out what triggers these sounds?
    Rotate_A.wav
    Set Cruise Power-2.wav
    APPMIN.wav
    Decision Height.wav
    minimum.wav

My hunch is that some of these sounds were carryovers from the C97 Project and maybe the continuity of some of them were lost in the B50.
    I can hear the decent call outs just dandy, the cowls and flaps setting and the brakes etc. Just the ones I mentioned ^

B50 at KMEM

Thanks Jensole - B50 at Memphis Air Guard tarmac.

Monitor Panel

I have been trying to modify the size and position of the Monitor Panel with no success. It's hard to read with my old eyes. It also overlaps the Shift-Z window info. I'd like to move it down and resize it horizontally and vertically. I have edited the sizes and position with no success. Also I cannot visualize the Monitor Help window. It shows up OK in FSPS but not n FSX. I can drag the monitor window bigger and drag it down OK with my mouse. Any help sure would be appreciated. Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by familton View Post
    I have been trying to modify the size and position of the Monitor Panel with no success. It's hard to read with my old eyes. It also overlaps the Shift-Z window info. I'd like to move it down and resize it horizontally and vertically. I have edited the sizes and position with no success. Also I cannot visualize the Monitor Help window. It shows up OK in FSPS but not n FSX. I can drag the monitor window bigger and drag it down OK with my mouse. Any help sure would be appreciated. Bob.
    I had to resize it so I could read on my hi-res monitor as out of the box it was really small. I found it in the Window03 section of the panel.cfg file, I commented out/removed the pixel_size= line and added

window_size=0.48, 0.139
    window_pos= 0.50, 0.05

This kept it the same relative size on the screen, no matter what the screen resolution was. If you want it even bigger just scale up the window_size values, be sure to adjust the window_pos so it does not go off the screen.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    I had to resize it so I could read on my hi-res monitor as out of the box it was really small. I found it in the Window03 section of the panel.cfg file, I commented out/removed the pixel_size= line and added

window_size=0.48, 0.139
    window_pos= 0.50, 0.05

This kept it the same relative size on the screen, no matter what the screen resolution was. If you want it even bigger just scale up the window_size values, be sure to adjust the window_pos so it does not go off the screen.
    Thanks Joe. I'll try those numbers. I appreciate it. Bob.

-In this regard, I would like to place the monitor vertically on the right on the screen, rather than horizontally up!
    is there a solution?
    Thank you for your help!

Alain
    -

Quote Originally Posted by alain0568 View Post
    -In this regard, I would like to place the monitor vertically on the right on the screen, rather than horizontally up!
    is there a solution?
    Thank you for your help!

Alain
    -
    Probably not...as that sounds like a full rewrite of the xml ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Probably not...as that sounds like a full rewrite of the xml ...
    +1 fully agree with that! I was messing with a copy of the XML for the monitor and you would have to re-position the elements under each other and then realign all of the wording or text inside of each....lots of work!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

-Oh ok!
    Too bad, I'll do with it!

Alain
    -

Been tinkering with Camera Views.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Right Engines.jpg   Right Wing.jpg   Left Wing.jpg   Left Engines.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post

window_size=0.48, 0.139
    window_pos= 0.50, 0.05

LOL! Thank you so much for this. I too was finding myself squinting to read the rather small'ish box in 4k resolution.

Great plane by the way! Absolutely loved flying around Seattle with it.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Well, I just want to say this - This is a very good simulation model and I want to thank M Jahn and the team who put in the effort to make this. I have found no major bugs and no significant anomalies and it worked out of the box so to speak without any issues at all. (FSX-A, Win7 64bit). The monitor gauge works fine just as it did when it was first introduced on other models (I like it and it takes a lot of the pain out of setting stuff up nicely particularly in a big aeroplane which had several crew members to make it happen).

The design and textures are great (superb) and I have had no texture anomalies whatsoever. As for the sound, maybe I am not very discriminating but it sounds ok to me as well.

I have followed this thread since the aircraft arrived. I noted very carefully that this was version 1 and that yes there would be some bugs etc but it was a WIP. So some need to put a sock in it. I have found a number of responses churlish to say the least and offensive in some aspects - after all this was a labour of passion and interest by some of our community's best, so on behalf of the community I would like to offer an apology to the team on behalf of the SOH users, I think it is warranted.

I am sure it will progress and get better just as all the previous projects have, just look at the C-47 as an example. I am sure it will be a fascinating journey and some great paints etc will ensue.

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    Well, I just want to say this - This is a very good simulation model and I want to thank M Jahn and the team who put in the effort to make this. I have found no major bugs and no significant anomalies and it worked out of the box so to speak without any issues at all. (FSX-A, Win7 64bit). The monitor gauge works fine just as it did when it was first introduced on other models (I like it and it takes a lot of the pain out of setting stuff up nicely particularly in a big aeroplane which had several crew members to make it happen).

The design and textures are great (superb) and I have had no texture anomalies whatsoever. As for the sound, maybe I am not very discriminating but it sounds ok to me as well.

I have followed this thread since the aircraft arrived. I noted very carefully that this was version 1 and that yes there would be some bugs etc but it was a WIP. So some need to put a sock in it. I have found a number of responses churlish to say the least and offensive in some aspects - after all this was a labour of passion and interest by some of our community's best, so on behalf of the community I would like to offer an apology to the team on behalf of the SOH users, I think it is warranted.

I am sure it will progress and get better just as all the previous projects have, just look at the C-47 as an example. I am sure it will be a fascinating journey and some great paints etc will ensue.
    I would echo the sentiments of BendyFlyer. In my case, the download went well and so did the VC merge that I decided to do. I guess I was lucky. Seems to me that it is logical that anomolies that some have experienced have little or nothing to do with the product put out by the developers and everything to do with their own system. Otherwise, wouldn't we all be experiencing the same problem?

For my part, I would say The B-50, the C-97 series, and the C-47 have the best airfiles and the finest flying characteristics of any aircraft in my hangar. As well, I wish I had a monitor gauge for every aircraft I fly--truly an innovative and useful product.

Great job team!

Quote Originally Posted by miata54 View Post
    Been tinkering with Camera Views.
    I like your views--especially from the cockpit area looking back. Would you be willing to post the camera views from acft.cfg?

I am having to reinstall my FSX A following a hard drive failure. I have also gone to Win 10. I've managed most things but the B-50 is puzzling me. I have reinstalled B-50 V1 downloaded from SOH but when I select the RB-50G sometimes I get the D nosecone and wing tanks and sometimes the A nose and clean wings. I've not messed with the Virtavia VC merge or any other alterations so I am puzzled how to get a reliable B-50 set up.

I've got a feeling that was a known issue with the b-50 I have the same thing not sure if it was ever fixed I think there's something about it in the readme I think? could be wrong though. It's never really bugged me that much so I never looked into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky722 View Post
    I've got a feeling that was a known issue with the b-50 I have the same thing not sure if it was ever fixed I think there's something about it in the readme I think? could be wrong though. It's never really bugged me that much so I never looked into it.
    In the readme it states the condition is determined by the cfg showing D for the clear(er) nose glazing and LR for the wing tanks. My RB-50G reads DLR but fluctuates. I currently have only the RB-50G installed and it works and loads properly.

Still hoping for a KB-50J

Using the B29 panel will result in loosing the sound and monitor folders in the stock panel folder of the B50 - Is there a work around for this where the monitor and dsd sounds could function with the B29 panel?
    Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    OK, this should do it.
    Code:
    Merging Virtavia's B-29 Interior into Manfred Jahn's B-50 ---------------------------------------------------------  1) Copy the "Virtavia_B-29_interior.MDL" file from "\Virtavia B-29 Superfortress\model.B-29A_late" folder to the "\Boeing_B-50\model.B50" folder  2) Edit the "Model.cfg" file in the the "\Boeing_B-50\model.B50" folder to read:  [models] normal=B50_01 //interior=B50_interior interior=Virtavia_B-29_interior  3) Make a copy of the "\Virtavia B-29 Superfortress\panel" folder and name/rename the copy it to "panel.B29"  Copy the new folder to the "\Boeing_B-50" folder. (Don't forget where it came from -- don't pass it along)  4) Make a copy of the "\Virtavia B-29 Superfortress\texture.shared" folder and name/rename the copy it to "texture.virtavia"  (I put the name Virtavia in there in case someone forgets where it came from and accidently passes it around).    Copy the new folder to the "\Boeing_B-50" folder.  5) Edit the "texture.cfg" file in the "\Boeing_B-50\texture.46010" folder to read:  [fltsim] fallback.1=..\texture fallback.2=..\texture.Virtavia fallback.3=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture  6) Copy the new "texture.cfg" file to all numbered exterior texture folders that will use the B-29 cockpit.  DO NOT copy it to the "texture" folder.  7) Edit the "panel=" line of each [fltsim.xx] section of the Boeing_B-50 "aircraft.cfg" file to read "panel=B29".  8) Copy the [CameraDefinition.xx] sections from the Virtavia B-29 "aircraft.cfg" file to the Boeing_B-50 "aircraft.cfg" file replacing the one section that is there.    9) Edit the [Views] section of the Boeing_B-50 "aircraft.cfg" file to read:  (this works for me and my monitor so some tweaking might be required)  [Views]  //eyepoint=28.9, -1.75, 2.08   eyepoint= 27.65, -2.04,  2.40
    I think that's all I did. If I forgot to record a step just ask here and I'll amend these instructions.

Members who have read this thread: 2