Flight Replicas P-40N Bendix Navigation System

Thread: Flight Replicas P-40N Bendix Navigation System

Flight Replicas P-40N Bendix Navigation System

Okay. I give up. Where is it??

I've restored and have been flying my FR P-40N all week. Just love it.

In going through the manual, page 16 has an image and outline of the Bendix Navigation System which allows the pilot to use ADF frequencies. Problem is that I cannot find which model uses the system, or if there is a hidden key somewhere that displays the system as shown in the screenshot.

I'd like to use it, but how??
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

You'll have to choose among the three that have the directional finding (df) loop antenna installed on the exterior, as that tells you outwardly which ones have it - those being listed as "P-40N Nav", "P-40N China CACW" and "P-40N Burma Banshees". The Bedix radio compass navigational system was only really used on aircraft operating in the China-Burma-India Theatre during WWII, hence the reason that system is only installed on those variants (though I know with the P-39, examples sent to Russia also had a similar radio setup installed).
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Ahh, ha..

Thanks, John.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Members who have read this thread: 0