Ankor Shaders realted problem....or not?

Thread: Ankor Shaders realted problem....or not?

Icon5 Ankor Shaders related problem....or not?

I have installed the new package and startyed up my ETO for the first time since August. However I have the same issues as then which also no one seemed to know how to solve.

1. Whirling start up. This continues until I select something. Normally the plane ends up exploding!

Attachment 55874

2. Trees sprout everywhere as I fly along!

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

I've only seen problems like the first one when I made a change to the program that changed the global layer location references to something that no longer matches up with what was selected the last time the program closed. The same goes for eliminating aircraft, or other files related to things like weather that the program is trying to load when it starts based on what was loaded the last time it ran.

The second problem looks like the landclass file and composite terrain budgets have been modified iso they are no longer a good match with each other.
    Last edited by MajorMagee; November 23rd, 2017 at 15:45.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

1. Do you remember which file relates to that starting scene? Something to do with the 'Movie UI"??

2. I'm not aware of messing with the "landclass file and composite terrain budgets" but thinking about it, wiekniera's textures might have done it??

Take a look at cutscenes.xml, for the reference to specific files in the Animation folder with pregame in the name.

The disconnect is probably that the start-up airbase location called for by uisel.xml is not listed in cutscenes.xml.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Thanks. I'll have a look.

Thanks Andy, installed, no issues!
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

The tree issue has to do with the scenery you have installed. It doesn't come with the new files needed to locate trees and buildings in accordance with the underlying textures, meaning that your trees are still aligned with the stock textures. I'm not sure if anyone has the knowledge to create those files currently.

I wonder if it is the wiekniera's add on for ETO Ground Texture(s) which is responsibler. Has anyone else had this with his stuff?

Yes, that's the cause. The add on comes with textures but no scenery placement files.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    I've only seen problems like the first one when I made a change to the program that changed the global layer location references to something that no longer matches up with what was selected the last time the program closed. The same goes for eliminating aircraft, or other files related to things like weather that the program is trying to load when it starts based on what was loaded the last time it ran.
    [/QUOTE]Take a look at cutscenes.xml, for the reference to specific files in the Animation folder with pregame in the name.

The disconnect is probably that the start-up airbase location called for by uisel.xml is not listed in cutscenes.xml. [/QUOTE]

OK this whirling only comes with some ERAs.

Now on this install I have 10 ERAs; 5 daytime as ETO and 5 nighttime TOW installs. I don't have this problem with the ETO ones but do with the TOW ones.

What I am thinking is that it may have something to do either with the uires or qclocations files. It's a while back so I'll have to check if I used say the 1936 files for the TOW1 ERA and the BoB ERA files for the TOW2 ERA etc .

So the ? is, not fully knowing how the files work, is it more like to be the qclocations file or uires folder??

EDIT: well I double checked I have the appropriate ETO ERA file/Folder for each TOW ERA and that doesn't seem to be the issue. Later I'll go back to the uisel.xml and see what's there.
    Last edited by mongoose; November 26th, 2017 at 08:51.

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    Yes, that's the cause. The add on comes with textures but no scenery placement files.

What I am wondering is if other users of wiekniera's add on have the same issues or it's just something I have done. ( note the issue in at least 2 installs.

Re whirling. I have spent a couple of hours on this with only partial luck. I've looked at relevant gsl, qclocations and other files/folders. I have also deleted the uisel file in the AppData folder and it has re configured after 1st start up.

Given I have 10 ERAs with ETO being odd and TOW even numbers, I get no whirling on all ETO ERAs and also on TOW1 ERA, but TOW2 through TOW5 [ie ERAs 4,6,8 and -(10)] still have whirling startup movie.

The gsl, qclocations files for each TOW ERA are the same as the relevant ETO ERA ( ie TOW3 = 1943 etc., although TOW1 and 2 both = BoB)

Deleting the usel file and restarting in say TOW3 ERA does not stop the whirling although the ac reverts to the P47 as per default.

Lost for further ideas at the moment.

SOH-CM-2020
    Hi Mongoose, re: whirling - have you done a correlation between the airbases in your era-specific global layer, and the cutscenes.xml for that era? If there is a an airbase from the GL that is not listed in the cutscene, that may be the problem.

Also, re the mis-matched .mos files, IIRC Clive has used the mos file editor. (Not enlisting you, Clive, just someone asked who has the skills!)

HTH

Thanks mate. I have been putting off the correlation between cutscenes and gsl since a lot of airbases! I guiess I'll have to get to it!

Members who have read this thread: 0