[EFFECTS HELP NEEDED] Project: CONVAIR XF-92A

Thread: [EFFECTS HELP NEEDED] Project: CONVAIR XF-92A

[EFFECTS HELP NEEDED] Project: CONVAIR XF-92A

Hello, all. The effects for the XF-92A project are looking great in FSXA (and presumably in the other FSX flavors). However, we really need someone who understands effects in P3D to step up and help with the following:

1. Afterburner Effect. Milton has the effect controller working just fine, but the effect appears micro sized.
    2. Smoke effects in P3D do not hold value with the FSX counter part. So reducing density in FSX but retaining a good dark smoke yields almost no smoke in P3Dv4

The wing vapor effects work just fine. but these smoke enabled effects above are eluding Milton and Myself. Well, really just me, as Milton uses FSXA.

If you feel you could contribute to this project in this way, we would be very glad to have you contribute your expertise, and of course get your name in the final credits as contributor! This will greatly enhance the experience of the final product.

Thanks much for reading. Please respond to this thread as my PM inbox is getting saturated faster than I can clear it out! LOL.

-Rick
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Rick,

If you email me the .fx files and any texture files they're using I'll take swing at sorting them out if you'd like. Is the issue in P3D v3 or v4? ( I only have v4.1 now)

Brian
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Quote Originally Posted by odourboy View Post
    Rick,

If you email me the .fx files and any texture files they're using I'll take swing at sorting them out if you'd like. Is the issue in P3D v3 or v4? ( I only have v4.1 now)

Brian
    Hi Brian,

Thanks for looking at this. Actually, I believe P3D started handling effects differently in v2.3.

You will likely need the full package to test in addition to the effects and associated textures.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Brian that would be fantastic! I didn't want to ask you, as we're both in MV team and so I didn't want to pull you away from any projects you might be working. I'll send you the full package. Thanks again! I've got your email.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Right... shoot me the whole package then and I'll have a look tomorrow. No promises but as you know, I've tinkered with both AB and smoke FX so may be I can help.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Sorry Brian, I'll get you that package...but my primary HDD just failed...got a new SSD installed but I'm getting all my stuff from backup...I'll get it to you asap.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Brian, sorry for the delay, I'm finally back up and running, after a complete SSD and windows reinstall. I'll get you the package after work today! Thanks for any help you can provide. I also have one other item I'd like to ask you about but I'll save that for email. Thanks.

Rick
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Email sent Brian.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Members who have read this thread: 0