P-61 Update - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P-61 Update

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    Beautiful work Robert. Will this be able to operate in P3Dv4 too?
    I've been working on the flight model for it in the previous 2012 version in P3Dv4 and it works perfectly..

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    I've been working on the flight model for it in the previous 2012 version in P3Dv4 and it works perfectly..
    Fantastic news Pam! Thanks for the update! So looking forward to this WWII beauty as well.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Blog Entries
    Hey, no problem.. My teammates use P3D exclusively, so, I've had to bridge the gap and make sure both the RF-61 and the P-61 both work in both sims. The P-61 was easy. We took the time and did it right the first time, and after flying Miltons A-20, i can understand completely why the military chose the A-20 as its trainer for the P-61. Robert can just plug it in and he's good to go. There are currently issues with the RF-61 in that it works great in P3D, but until we retro compile it to fsx, it doesnt work there at all.. No worries.. I wont let anyone down..
    I'm releasing the flight model for the P-61 with two aircraft config files. The reason for this is because not everyone has dual throttle setups with half a dozen axis's to set up all the various controls. So, one model will be strictly for nose wheel steering allowing single throttle control, while the other will have directional braking allowing for the use of directional braking and thrust, for those with dual throttles. I want everyone to be pleased with this release. It's the only way i know to apologize for walking away back in 2013. With the P-61 we'll have the ability to perhaps please most of the people some of the time.
    Now, Recently I've heard rumor that the P-61 was the most maneuverable plane in WWII, and that came from the mouth of one of the design engineers that worked on it. Documentation tells me that the plan banked at 30 degrees per second. I think we're pretty close there. Top speed on the B model is 365 mph solid. It climbs like a homesick angel. I dont believe I need to go back and re-engineer the fde, but maybe once its released, you folks can let me know.. I think that between Roberts modeling and my math, you folks are going to have a wonderful and enjoyable aircraft which hopefully, is as addicting for you as it is for me..

Blog Entries
    you guys know me, and how i always try to look at things from the historic/human perspective.. I just found this. I wont ask that you enjoy it, but please do watch it.. It's pretty amazing..

SOH-CM-2018
    Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    you guys know me, and how i always try to look at things from the historic/human perspective.. I just found this. I wont ask that you enjoy it, but please do watch it.. It's pretty amazing..

Thanks warchild. I watched and enjoyed the video. It is always a good thing when someone's family learns the story of their loved one's death in service. I believe it is a longing to know that their death was not in vein.

Personally I know that feeling. I had a paternal uncle (whom I never met) in the 157th INF REG of the 45th Division. That regiment advanced on Munich and liberated Dachau. He was listed as a non battle death in the county death rolls as having died on June 14th 1945 but he was never talked about; never discussed.

It wasn't until another uncle died and my cousins found some letters from Uncle Al. One was written the night before he was killed
    on Martin Bormann's stationery. The letter was the typical letter home: things are fine etc. But he mentioned one of his platoon mates had two lugers and that he was going to go and see him when he got off duty. (Presumably about the lugers.)

And that is as close as I have come to the answers concerning my uncle's death.

I know that there are many people of my generation and my father's generation that have similar stories.

Thanks again for posting that.

Joe

edit: I am looking forward to the P-61. I am a re-enactor at the Mid Atlantic Air Museum's world War II Weekend (where the re-enactments were filmed). I have been watching their progress on their P-61 and can't wait 'til I see that plane fly.

Members who have read this thread: 1