Congratulations to Martin Truex, Jr.

Thread: Congratulations to Martin Truex, Jr.

Congratulations to Martin Truex, Jr.

Congratulations to Martin Truex, Jr. and the number 78 Furniture Row Racing Team on winning the 2017 NASCAR Monster Energy Series championship. It was a great season for the 78 team and I do think the best of the best won this season.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Have to agree Stan, congrats to Martin and his team!

Hey All,

Yes congrats Martin! He deserved it getting as many wins as Chase did second place finishes.

An a tip of the hat to the Larson in the 42 for not playing a role in the championship as the laps were winding down even though he had the best car.

As long as it wasn't Kyle I'm happy.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

EasyEd, when I was at the fall race in Richmond this year, when they made the driver introductions, Old Kyle got the loudest and longest boo's from the whole crowd I have ever heard,lol

Icon2

Yep - It was great to see Martin win it all!
    On a bit of a somber note, there are a lot of "cry babies" out there complaining about Toyota.......

2018 will be interesting with Chevy bringing out their revamped car.........

And for EasyEd, there was a time when Ford had the best car too as I remember you complaining about a Ford advantage when Edwards was driving .....

Quite refreshing to have the proven best team get the cup, it was well deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    ...On a bit of a somber note, there are a lot of "cry babies" out there complaining about Toyota...
    On this note, something was said after the race that really jumped out at me. Apparently Brad K said something like "Toyota was allowed to enter their 2018 car this year". Something like that. I wish I could remember exactly what the quote was. The response from the NBC crew was basically "...yes, this is true, we haven't reported it all year, but yes, Brad was right..." Again, something like that, not a direct quote. This was a bit jaw dropping to me. I've been watching all year, and Brad's comments about Ford & Chevy vs. Toyota's superior speed is nothing new. But I haven't heard it expressed in this way until last night. It was almost as though the NBC crew, at least, said "... yeah, we knew, Brad was right all along..." What's the story on this?
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    we haven't reported it all year,
    It (TOYOTA) was covered quite often actually.....

January 2017: https://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...d-detroit.html,
    http://www.motortrend.com/news/2018-...ascar-preview/
    https://www.topspeed.com/cars/toyota...-ar175622.html

And here's Chevy's 2018 entry in August 2017: https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...ergy-race-car/
    https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cu...1-2018-940203/

Chevrolet & Toyota are coming READY for 2018. It's not their (Chevy/Toyota) fault that Ford is unprepared for 2018.....

Hey All,

I was not aware either of the toys running 2018 cars this past year. All I saw was a car that balanced so well it could really drive off the corners better than the others. I'm not sure if it got into corners better or rolled the center better but the drive off was obvious.

I never thought the toys had much if any HP advantage but we all know racing is about aero anymore. How well can you glue the car to the track. These cars still have so much HP they can overpower all the old tracks they race on so aero it is which lets you put the HP to the ground. Toys had it this year likely be interesting to see how fast Chevy be back.

Jimmie for number 8 next year?

The bummer is penske quitting on dodge. I'm a Big fan of joey and brad but this isn't boding well. Unless they find something. We will see. As brad said yesterday the fords have no speed on 1.5 mile tracks.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post

The bummer is penske quitting on dodge. I'm a Big fan of joey and brad but this isn't boding well. Unless they find something. We will see. As brad said yesterday the fords have no speed on 1.5 mile tracks.

-Ed-
    The payoff will be for those Chevy teams that didn't run to Ford....The 2018 Chevy contender looks to be like a powerhouse & they've had a year to study and learn from Toyota.

Looks like you could be happy EasyEd next year with the old familiar Chevy advantage again which will of course help Jimmie...

Members who have read this thread: 0