AI Frustration

Thread: AI Frustration

SOH-CM-2018

Icon9 AI Frustration

Hi All!

If this has been asked before please forgive but search returned nothing for AI won't take off.

Working everyday on Pitoe and Wama. Doing AI repaints and object placement.

Tried AIFP today and was able to make TNG plans for 5 aircraft. They showed up at parking spots ---- that's good.

They taxied to active ---- that's good too.

BUT they just sit there and pile up! and don't take off.

The plans are TNG every hour IFR duration 19 min starting at 00:00 GMT.

Can someone give me a clue as to what is wrong?

Also as I would like to have all of one squadron park together, how do I do that with parking spaces (ADE) and aircraft config?

Thanks much in advance,

Joe

For starters, make sure you have define hold short points on the taxiway and that it its direction is correct.

The runway must have a start node, the taxiway must have a hold short node, facing the correct direction, and it must not be too far from the edge of the runway. You should be able to use Airport Design Editor to check the airport.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

For the aircraft to park together, the properties of the parking spots need the code for the group and each aircraft.cfg should have the statement: atc_parking_codes= (the code that you select for that group)

SOH-CM-2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    For starters, make sure you have define hold short points on the taxiway and that it its direction is correct.
    Placing Hold short nodes did the trick.

Thanks Dimus.

SOH-CM-2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dexthom View Post
    For the aircraft to park together, the properties of the parking spots need the code for the group and each aircraft.cfg should have the statement: atc_parking_codes= (the code that you select for that group)
    Thanks dexthom,

will try that later today.

Thanks,

joe

SOH-CM-2018
    Once I placed the hold short nodes the aircraft took off. But when they came in for the TNG they put the gear down and descended to about 200 feet and appeared to do a go around. there was no runway obstruction. I don't think this is normal behavior is it?

Joe.

It may be that the runway is not long enough for them.

SOH-CM-2018
    Thanks for the response Dimus,

The runways are 8000 feet long, the real life length. The planes are B-24s.

Interesting.

When I used AirTrafficX a radar program that allows one to place planes at parking, into the local traffic queue and add formations they landed no problem when placed in the local traffic.
    When I have time later, I will try a flight plan that will not be TNG but a to and from and see if that will work. To think of it I will try a TNG with the cub and see what it does.

Thanks,

Joe

SOH-CM-2018
    Problem solved !

Bonehead mistake on my part. I listened to ATC and all B-24s made missed approach.

I made a TNG VFR FP with the stock DC-3 and it performed the TNG fine.

Then I thought "what if the B-24s were IFR?" Made a TNG VFR FP with B-24 and did the TNG no problem.

I guess that IFR won't work as I don't have ILS?

Thanks for all the help,

Joe

Joe,

What you are seeing for your AI flight planned for IFR TNG's is normal behavior.

In both FS9 and FSX flight planned AI IFR TNG's always result in missed approaches. Only AI flight planned for VFR TNG's fly actual touch and goes.
    Mike M.​

Members who have read this thread: 0