Navy pilots draw "obscene" picture in sky over Washington - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Navy pilots draw "obscene" picture in sky over Washington

No one has been flushed.
    These guys are responsible for their own actions and what ever the consequences are it is on them an no one else.

JB, I must respectfully disagree.
    Actions which once would have treated to a wink and a nudge by the CO, who had done as bad or worse in his career, are now treated as a hangin' offense, figuratively.
    Young men, in any system, will be young men. They play pranks. Maybe, MAYbe they offend someone. OH NO!!!
    Something like this would once have gotten them a few days off the schedule. Maybe. When my father was a young Lieutenant in the Navy, a Flight Instructor at Pensacola, he went to a change of command ceremony. He and the outgoing CO had had their differences. He got stinking drunk, and leaned against a tree, shouting "HA!" to every point in the CO's speech. He got transferred to Miramar. Still got promoted, was on the flight schedule the day after he arrived.
    Do you think he'd have gotten away with that nowadays?? No way. The telephone cameras would have come out, and someone would have been offended, poor little baby. He'd have been relieved of duty immediately, and asked to resign his commission. At least lost his wings, and passed over for promotion from then on. 3 times being passed over is a forced resigning of the commission.

Now, because of the BFD made by some whiner someplace on social media, their careers are over. Done. Ended. If for NO other reason than their CO, or his highers, will desperately try to cover their butts, to protect their own careers.
    Will they be asked to resign their commissions? Probably not. BUT, they WILL be passed over for promotions hence forth. Will they lose their wings? More than likely.
    All because some little cry-baby on social media thought he saw a penis. SO??? Has he never looked down when using the restroom?? A bit smaller, perhaps, but the same thing he saw in the sky. OH DEARIE ME, how horrible.
    Oh, that's right, we can't offend ANYONE. Except us of course. I find the grounding of the aircrew most offensive. But who cares? I don't count, I suppose. I am biased, being an Inactive Marine. I can be offended. I don't whine about it. I was insulted and offended by true professionals, in boot camp. Drill Instructors. Did they get fired, or relieved of duty? No, they were praised for doing their job.

So yeah, the aircrew got flushed because of the current PC atmosphere. Their own actions? Absolutely. Such a terrible offense as to rate the punishment they're receiving? Not a chance. But they WILL be punished, all out of proportion to their action.
    THAT is what I find so offensive. Too bad for me, and the aircrew, huh?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No question. You are, JB, I am, the aircrew is, even the little whiners. I fought for 10 years for that. I didn't lay down my life, and loose some very close friends, to have those opinions forced up someone else's tail-pipes, but nowadays, they most surely are. If they are the right opinions of course...

Have fun all...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

There are many things that were ok back-in-the-day. Some of them quite heinous. Doesn't mean they were right, simply that they were accepted.

Society has changed however, and yes, some expectations are different. All societies change over time. Nobody gets fed to the lions anymore, and most agree that's generally a good thing, though lions may lament the loss of the tasty meals.

A quick slap on a passing womens bottom is no longer considered cause for a good, manly chuckle and a wink over cigars and drinks.

And no, you don't draw giant penises in the sky unless you are ready for the consequences. I'm not remotely sorry for the aircrew; they're presumably adults, able to see forwards to the consequences of their actions, and presumably they accepted those consequences before they acted. To assume anything else is to endorse that they collectively evidenced an enormous lack of adult reasoning and judgement skills which should alone be cause for questioning their suitability for the responsibilities given them.

Tailhook is no longer boys will be boys, and having a penis is no longer license to be a dick.
    Last edited by HyFlyer; November 26th, 2017 at 02:04.
    Hi

Seriously. These guys need to quit dicking around and get back to their long, hard jobs until they face some stiff penalties for their cocky behavior.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    Seriously. These guys need to quit dicking around and get back to their long, hard jobs until they face some stiff penalties for their cocky behavior.

LMFAO
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Want this Guy for my Wing man GOT BALLs..Now a legend Among TOP GUNs....Truly the "RIGHT STUFF "..His Legacy will live in Fighter Pilot Lore....Great Flying!

Members who have read this thread: 0