Grumman S2A Tracker - CDF - FSX Native Fire Tanker

Thread: Grumman S2A Tracker - CDF - FSX Native Fire Tanker

Grumman S2A Tracker - CDF - FSX Native Fire Tanker

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Aircraft

Description: Grumman S2A Tracker - CDF - FSX Native Fire Tanker

FSX Native conversion by Milton Shupe. Updated FSX textures and bump maps by Tankerguy72.

Original project by Milton Shupe, Tom Fliger, Nigel Richards, Steve Bryant, Todd Disrud, Marcel Ritzema, John Humphries, CDF textures by Jeremy "Tankerguy72" U., and Jan Visser with help from SOH members.

NOTE: In FSX, the retardant effects look great and cover the ground as expected. In P3D, the retardant effect does not show the drop but does cover the ground as expected.

Two Aircraft included; Functional VC models included; Pkg incl the S2A Fire Tanker Aircraft with two textures, great flight model, authentic radial custom sounds, and features custom panels with aircraft specific gauges, easy-to-read clickable virtual cockpits, and beautifully crafted exterior textures. This two aircraft represents real world examples of units flown by the California Department of Forestry.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Grumman S2A Tracker - CDF - FSX Native Fire Tanker
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Got it! Will test fly today and cover the desert floor with fire retardant! Thanks Milton and team!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

I tried it out in P3D V4.1 and while it flies nice there is no pilot in the external view and I could not get the retardant to drop.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    I tried it out in P3D V4.1 and while it flies nice there is no pilot in the external view and I could not get the retardant to drop.

"...there is no pilot in the external view ..."

Turn the battery switch on for pilot to show.

Did you read this about P3D?

"NOTE: In FSX, the retardant effects look great and cover the ground as expected. In P3D, the retardant effect does not show the drop but does cover the ground as expected."

I do not have P3D so I cannot develop an effect that works there. P3D handles effects differently than FSX.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Works great in FSX-SE. Retardant drop works fine. I have just two little nit pickers. No pilots visible in external view and when sitting in the VC spinner and prop not visible looking out of side window. Still it's a beautiful aircraft.

Looks great and flies wonderfully! I guess by my test run, CDF can tear up my application to be a fire-bomber pilot!

Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by mcanx View Post
    Works great in FSX-SE. Retardant drop works fine. I have just two little nit pickers. No pilots visible in external view and when sitting in the VC spinner and prop not visible looking out of side window. Still it's a beautiful aircraft.

Battery switch on?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by mcanx View Post

LOL, oh you wanted the full package?

I meant this to be a beta, but still forgot to add the rest of the interior model to flesh it out. :-? LOL

Seems I need to put in some prevention to ensure folks turn the battery switch on and not get started without it or a pilot.

Seems the generators work fine without a battery switch on? Dang!

EDIT: I put up a replacement package later today with these fixes.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I have corrected the originally uploaded archive model and panel folders to fix known issues.
    You may now download the beta with those fixes.

For those who already downloaded the full package prior to this post time, you may install the model and panel folders that changed that are attached.
    Otherwise, just re-download the full package.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    I have corrected the originally uploaded archive model and panel folders to fix known issues.
    You may now download the beta with those fixes.

For those who already downloaded the full package prior to this post time, you may install the model and panel folders that changed that are attached.
    Otherwise, just re-download the full package.

Thanks
    Original upload updated with improvements Sunday at this post time.
    This supersedes the above fix. Please do not apply the fix above.

Just re-download the original for all updates.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Original upload updated with improvements Sunday at this post time.
    This supersedes the above fix. Please do not apply the fix above.

Just re-download the original for all updates.

Hi Milton,
    is there a key combo for the drop doors I can assign to buttons on my controller?

Much appreciation for the aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by firerx View Post
    Hi Milton,
    is there a key combo for the drop doors I can assign to buttons on my controller?

Much appreciation for the aircraft.
    The two switches on the left side of the panel perform multiple functions.

They open the doors, activate the retardant drop, and one other thing I do not recall at the moment.

You can probably program to open the doors (3 and 4) but that will not activate the retardant drop.

So, unless you can figure out how to connect the controller to the two drop switches, it would not work for you, IMO.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

The two switches on the left side of the panel perform multiple functions.

They open the doors, activate the retardant drop, and one other thing I do not recall at the moment.

You can probably program to open the doors (3 and 4) but that will not activate the retardant drop.

So, unless you can figure out how to connect the controller to the two drop switches, it would not work for you, IMO.

do you remember the code you use to make the door open so I can set it to a button in FSUIPC5 as a toggle?

do you remember the code you use to make the door open so I can set it to a button in FSUIPC5 as a toggle?
    They are Doors 3 and 4. i.e. shift+e, then 3 or 4
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

They are Doors 3 and 4. i.e. shift+e, then 3 or 4

Man, I would love to replace my retardant "Mud" depiction with your version. looks more Real. Is there a gauge associated with it? or how do I find it?

Man, I would love to replace my retardant "Mud" depiction with your version. looks more Real. Is there a gauge associated with it? or how do I find it?

The effect is in the package folder "Effects".

The name of the effect is "fx_MS_fire_retardant".
    It requires the two textures in the Effects/Texture folder.

You are welcome to use it of course for any aircraft.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 1