Milviz F-4J/S TacPack / ADV released

Thread: Milviz F-4J/S TacPack / ADV released

Milviz F-4J/S TacPack / ADV released

Posted this in the FSX forum too.

This extension to the Milviz F-4J/S combines TacPack functionality with the unique Milviz "ADV" features. More info and purchase links here:

http://milviz.com/flight/products/F4JSEXP/index.php

Some shots taken during testing:

Result of bird ingestion:

Thanks for the heads up. It looks pretty good. Does it include the birds to ingest?

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Apparently it does but you never see them until you hear the bang!

Oh, so very nice, especially the first one showing the missile launch.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Okay, I am confused....

I thought TacPack does not work in P3Dv4?

Or is this release by Milviz in preparation of the release of TacPack for P3Dv4?
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

I think the TacPack-related updates are only valid for FSX and P3Dv3

That is of course correct Daube. The TP features are working in v3. The ADV features work in all platforms. If Tacpack is updated to v4 of course they will work there too. I still keep v3 installed for Tacpack planes.

Same here, I still have P3Dv3 to enjoy all the jets that are not fully compatible with P3Dv4.
    I have bought this ADV addon for the J/S but I have not installed it yet.
    My current Phantom J/S version is probably outdated and is only installed in P3Dv3.
    I need to re-download the latest version of the J/S first, and install it in P3Dv4 (and possibly v3 as well...).

A couple very nifty shots!
    Pun intended

If I may, a couple of observations about the radar display, if I may be so bold:
    The Vc circle and EL lines are missing. When the radar is locked up on a target, like shown perfectly by the heavy mark on the B Sweep near the bottom, there is a Vc circle, indicating the Velocity (sub)closing (V sub C) of the target, and the EL lines, a pair of small, horizontal lines on the right side of the scope showing the commanded and actual elevation, from boresight, of the antenna, just as the B-Sweep shows the horizontal angle off boresight of the antenna. The system needs to be locked up to shoot a Sparrow, after all, and the lock is shown by the B-Sweep being wider than during search, allowing greater visibility of the target selected. This is caused by the feed-horn on the antenna spinning with a slight, off-center spin, widening the beam to enable the system to track accurately.
    The Vc circle is about big enough in diameter to touch the ends of the Horizon lines, with a gap indicating the closing velocity of the target. I believe, although it's been a LONG time, that with the gap at 90° the Vc is zero. Anything towords 12 o'clock anti-clockwise from there is opening (the target is moving away from the plane), and anything clock-wise is closing, all the way around to 12 o'clock, again. When the "Shoot" parameters are met, the circle closes to about 1/2 the diameter of just a lock-on.
    With the missile having (obviously) just left the rails, the display indicating a good lock, should still be visible.

This is a great airplane, and the amount of detail involved, both inside and out, is just wonderful. I just thought they might want the above information to make just that much perfect-er (is that a word??). Maybe whoever did the radar would want to know. Maybe not. Just offering

Have fun all! Again, fantastic plane indeed.
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Odd...I used mostly the same radar code I used for the E which includes the range rate circle. Will verify.
    -JB

Edit, I see an X in the middle indicating that he is too close. If I recall correctly the Vc circle disappeared in that situation.
    -JB

Ahhh! I missed the Break-X. I apologize. The lighting tricked my old eye. Yeah, just one left...

You are absolutely correct The Vc circle is replaced when the Break X (hey dummy, he's too close!) is displayed. I looked a lot closer and saw it.

Again, I apologize. Great plane, though. NO complaints. Wonderful bird you guys made. Worth every penny indeed!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

I am familiar with the F-4E but I am having trouble relating that knowledge to the J.
    The lock command for the E, as far as mapping goes it to use the lock on command twice instead of the half lock full lock combination.
    when I attempt to lock on to a target I get the line but I don't get any rings when I press a second time. Any ideas?

You remembering to slew the range strobe onto the target?
    -JB

Members who have read this thread: 0