Flightsimcon 2018, Dallas!

Thread: Flightsimcon 2018, Dallas!

Flightsimcon 2018, Dallas!

Well, the last flightsim convention I went to was AVSIM in Seattle in 2007. Flightsimcon 2018 will be in Dallas, it has been announced, Sat/Sun June 23,24th. I am planning, at least, to go. Only thing that would prevent my going is health, but hoping for the best. NC

https://flightsimcon.com

It's been held for the past few years at the Hartford Intnl. Airport in Connecticut. I wonder why it's going to be in Houston next year in a downtown hotel. After making the drive there last June, I'd vowed to myself to fly next year. I'm getting to old for such long drives any more.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    It's been held for the past few years at the Hartford Intnl. Airport in Connecticut. I wonder why it's going to be in Houston next year in a downtown hotel. After making the drive there last June, I'd vowed to myself to fly next year. I'm getting to old for such long drives any more.
    It's going to be in Dallas. I will fly there, just as I flew to Seattle when I lived in Southeast TN at the time. No way am I going to drive to Dallas. Nope. NC

I am planning on going. I will be driving. It's only about 12 hours from Alabama. PM me your phone# and we'll hook up.

Icon22 Vegas Baby!

John Venema

• Orbx CEO
    • Administrators
    • 23,595 posts
    • Order #:Staff

Posted Wednesday at 01:03 AM

Orbx is not attending or sponsoring FlightSimCon in Texas, and I doubt much of the FS industry is.

Instead we are headline sponsor of FlightSim Expo in Las Vegas in June which has all the major vendors exhibiting and attending.

We will be bringing a large Orbx contingent to Vegas in June and be previewing exciting new products.

More details coming soon!

Thanks for posting this Chief. I am planning to attend. Dallas is a good spot to get our some of our small group together. Look forward to meeting some of you guys from SOH also. Cheers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    John Venema

• Orbx CEO
    • Administrators
    • 23,595 posts
    • Order #:Staff

Posted Wednesday at 01:03 AM

Orbx is not attending or sponsoring FlightSimCon in Texas, and I doubt much of the FS industry is.

Instead we are headline sponsor of FlightSim Expo in Las Vegas in June which has all the major vendors exhibiting and attending.

We will be bringing a large Orbx contingent to Vegas in June and be previewing exciting new products.

More details coming soon!
    Well, your saying that you doubt much of the FS industry will attend the Dallas Flightsim Con (even if true) is certainly not a nice thing to say or predict.

Speaking only for myself, I have no desire to attend any type of convention, located in Vegas. Just not interested in going there. And with your statement about FS vendors not going to Dallas, while promoting Orbx, makes me not want to purchase Orbx products. NC

I agree with Chief wholeheartedly.

What an interesting speculation. While I cannot predict the future, judging from the number of FS industry representatives who were present at the 2017 Flightsim.com at the Bradford International Airport (over fifty), I don't see any reason to think that one held in Dallas will be any smaller.

Orbx may not be missed...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Well, your saying that you doubt much of the FS industry will attend the Dallas Flightsim Con (even if true) is certainly not a nice thing to say or predict.

Speaking only for myself, I have no desire to attend any type of convention, located in Vegas. Just not interested in going there. And with your statement about FS vendors not going to Dallas, while promoting Orbx, makes me not want to purchase Orbx products. NC
    ive always said id never go to vegas,but i now want to go,but not to see the strip or gamble,but to explore the desert....on youtube is a gal who goes by wonderhussy,she makes it very interesting..lol

Guys, that is not my statement, that is a post by John Venema. Don't shoot the messenger please. Give me a break, distance to Vegas from Phoenix, vs distance to Dallas. I just wanted the option to be available.
    Sue

Guys, that is not my statement, that is a post by John Venema. Don't shoot the messenger please. Give me a break, distance to Vegas from Phoenix, vs distance to Dallas. I just wanted the option to be available.
    Sue
    Sue, I understand you are the "messenger", but it is Mr. Venema's seemingly arrogant and flippant attitude that hit me the wrong way. I get the distance thing. NC

Sue
    Sue, just to be clear, my comment was directed towards John V. at Orbx, not the messenger...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations

I agree, as to Mr Venema's arrogance. That's one of the reasons I'm "banned " over at OrbX. For some reason JV thinks I don't respect him...
    I was taught that respect is earned, not demanded... silly me.
    Sue

I was taught that respect is earned, not demanded... silly me.
    Sue
    Sue, while I was a cadet at Kentucky Military Institute, and later on in the U.S. Army, I learned that there are two types of respect:
    1. The first, which is respect for the uniform, rank and position is in fact "demanded" by the UCMJ.
    2. The second type is "earned" and is closely related to the character of the person.

The motto at KMI was "Character Makes the Man"
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations

I registered on their site yesterday. Looking forward to updates and to see what's coming.

Members who have read this thread: 0