Any SNJ models with an actual tail hook?

Thread: Any SNJ models with an actual tail hook?

Any SNJ models with an actual tail hook?

It seems that I can find no AT-6/SNJ freeware or payware models for FS9/FSX or later that have an actual operating (visible moving) tailhook. There was one for CFS, but does not seem to work in FSX.

I realize AT-6's did not have one, and only built/converted SNJ "C" versions had them. Many have painted up AT-6s as SNJs, which is OK, but would like one with a real hook.

Any ideas??

Take a look at the Sky Unlimited series.

It's not well documented but I do believe they have a model with tail hook as well as other features for landing on a carrier.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Got it - found their site, video. Thanks a heap!

Wozza's T6 had a hook which is made visible using a checklist 2d panel.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

I confirm Wozza's T-6 had a usable hook

Thanks for hint on Wazzo's T-6; The hook can be shown externally, and their is a handle for the hook on the starboard VC cockpit wall above the console, but it seems not to be for anything except visual (it has a tool tip). Anyone ever been able to actually lower the hook so it shows externally?

Nice picture - my keyboard shortcut nor the VC handle seem to work for me. Guess I'll keep fumbling for awhile

Aha!! - I moved the VC around a little so the tailhook knob just shows under the starboard canopy rail and it works!

Thanks for the help - nice airplane, too.

Members who have read this thread: 0