Weird controller situation with Razbam F-102

Thread: Weird controller situation with Razbam F-102

Weird controller situation with Razbam F-102

I had not flown the Razbam F-102 in years, literally. I just reinstalled it and loaded it. As soon as the aircraft leaves the runway, the elevators cease to function. I can go left or right, but not up or down, period. Worse yet, when I select a different aircraft, then the same applies to them as well.

If I select, say, the default Cessna from the beginning, or any other aircraft besides the Razbam F-102, everything works fine. I am going to shut off and reboot system to see if that fixes it, but I have never encountered this problem before.

Is there something about the F-102 switchology that I am missing? Thanks, NC

Chief -

Are you using FSX, FSX-SE, P3D or which?

other than AFCS switches on lower panel between your knees, I see no switchology that might isolate hydraulics.

Go to an external view and move the stick forward/aft -do BOTH elevons move in the SAME direction on the ground? Do the move OPPOSITE with left/right stick motion? If the do, go to map view, set 20,000 ft, 300 kias in map view (left column - leave lat/long and heading alone), then back to the plane in external view. Plane should be at 20,000, 300 KIAS but gear down. Retract gear right away, see if you can pitch, watch elevon movement. You may have a trim or cg problem vice elevon control
    Last edited by Mike71; November 15th, 2017 at 10:04.

Chief, make sure you are not taking off with the autopilot on. You may have accidentally hit the z key without knowing it.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike71 View Post
    Chief -

Are you using FSX, FSX-SE, P3D or which?

other than AFCS switches on lower panel between your knees, I see no switchology that might isolate hydraulics.

Go to an external view and move the stick forward/aft -do BOTH elevens move in the same direction on the ground? If the do, go to map view, set 20,000 ft, 300 kias in map view (left column - leave lat/long and heading alone), then back to the plane in external view. Plane should be at 20,000, 300 KIAS but gear down. Retract gear right away, see if you can pitch, watch elevon movement. You may have a trim or cg problem vice elevon control
    Thanks Mike. Am using Steam edition. Getting closer to working correctly, but another problem has me perplexed. The flaps go to full down, no matter what I do. If I put them in full up position, they immediately go back to full down. Weird. NC.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails f102flaps2.jpg  

What are these pictures -not an F-102, for sure--

An F-102 did not have flaps

Anyway, look under [FLAPS.x] in your aircraft.cfg file. All values should be "0" -there are none

Looks like the Convair F/A-201 Kestrel
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Quote Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
    Looks like the Convair F/A-201 Kestrel

Crap. My mistake!! Thanks for the correction! Am normally NOT dyslexic. OLD, but not dyslexic! NC

What the Kestrel .cfg file settings are currently.

[Flaps.0] //Trailing Edge Flaps
    type = 1
    span-outboard = 0.500000
    extending-time = 4.000000
    system_type = 0
    flaps-position.0 = 0.00, 0.00
    flaps-position.1 = 15.00, 0.00
    damaging-speed = 250 // KIAS
    blowout-speed = 300 // KIAS
    lift_scalar = 1.5
    drag_scalar = 1.0
    pitch_scalar = 0.75

I'm afraid I'm with Zippy on this one. Sounds like the AP is on.
    Have you tried resetting your default flight to the FSX original? The trike over Friday Harbour? Easiest way is in the FSX.cfg file.
    Could you have saved the F-102 with the AP on? At least the Alt Hold? Try pressing Z as soon as the plane loads in and see what happens.
    Do you "wipe" the controls before take off, and do the elevators move normally when you do?

Just throwing possibilities out. Maybe something will ring a bell...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Auto-pilot engaging for some reason?
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Always helps to read manual. Automatically controlled flaps. Thanks for putting up with my inability to read beforehand! NC

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails flaps.jpg  

I was about to say - [flap.x] should have at least 2 sections because it has both LE and TE flaps at a minimum. Glad you found the problem. Not surprised about auto-flap system for a modern tactical airplane, especially with canards -great for maneuvering in a dogfight.

Members who have read this thread: 0