Carenado WIP: Beech D18
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carenado WIP: Beech D18

Carenado WIP: Beech D18

It'll be hard to improve upon Milton's offerings, but it appears that Carenado has D18 in the works...

http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Port...8868581901.jpg
    -Mark

I suppose it will be nice to have an updated model, but I can't say I've enjoyed flying any of Carenado/Alabeo's aircraft for quite some time.

..and really hard to repaint probably
    You can find most of my repaints in the library here on the outhouse

Well, it's about time someone did a nice model of this aircraft. I for one am happy to see it. My old unit is 12 years old and I think this is an exciting development much needed in the FSX/P3D world.

Saluté
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners My Uploads on SOH

Hallelujah! Couldn't agree more with Milton. I've looking forward to an brand new D-18 for a long time. It's been great to have freeware to fly but I am really glad that this aircraft is being built from scratch for FSX and beyond. Can't wait to see the new VC.

I wish Simcoders would produce their reality expansion packs for Carenado airplanes in the FSX/P3D environment as well
    Without this, and combined with the "almost impossible to repaint" problems mentioned earlier, I'm afraid this D-18 is not going to be very interesting...

It's Carenado, so it is guaranteed to be an absolutely stunning visual model. Beyond that... I'll likely pass.
    My computer:Win XP 32 Home SP3, Q9650 @ 3.6 GHz, 4GB DDR2-800 RAM @ 800 MHz, EVGA Nvidia 560Ti-SOC-1GB

I wish they would have done a different model. Milton did one, which is still a classic, and there are others out there as well. Maybe if they did a G model with three-bladed props and the newer wing and slightly longer nose on it, which can be modded into a Volpar very easily, I would be getting excited. What's next, another 172? I also go along with the unpaintable comments as well. BUT ....... it WILL look pretty.

Don

Sticking with Milton. As much as how super their visual models are, both Carenado and Alabeo are the most aggravating to repaint. I like to personalize the aircraft I "fly".
    Until they change their paint kit ways (don't hold your breath) this is another pass. Keep up your good work Milton.

Looking at that model, that is one element that is still missing... self reflection. Notice the cowl reflection on the fuselage. I'v tried that once on the Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    Sticking with Milton. As much as how super their visual models are, both Carenado and Alabeo are the most aggravating to repaint. I like to personalize the aircraft I "fly".
    Until they change their paint kit ways (don't hold your breath) this is another pass. Keep up your good work Milton.

Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by bob407 View Post
    Totally agree.

likewise on this end!

it's not so much the paintkit ways, I find the white textures perfectly easy to paint, I may even prefer them over regular psd paintkits, much easier on my old system. Here's one to prove my point:

No, it's the lay-out of the textures that is the problem. Bit and pieces all over the place, cut up fuselages, sometimes rotated relative to each other as well.. I tried really hard to make some decent paints for the Aerocommander, but it was just too complicated. Remember, I do this for fun, and there was no fun in that one. So as long as they make a model with a half decent texture lay-out, count on paints from me. If not, forget it.
    You can find most of my repaints in the library here on the outhouse

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Looking at that model, that is one element that is still missing... self reflection. Notice the cowl reflection on the fuselage. I'v tried that once on the Howard.
    Really?

Its a wip image thats not even in the sim
    Matt
    FS Painter @ The Hangar
    Or click here to direct access to
    All my Repaints
    AUSTRALIA

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    No, it's the lay-out of the textures that is the problem. Bit and pieces all over the place, cut up fuselages, sometimes rotated relative to each other as well.. I tried really hard to make some decent paints for the Aerocommander, but it was just too complicated. Remember, I do this for fun, and there was no fun in that one. So as long as they make a model with a half decent texture lay-out, count on paints from me. If not, forget it.
    Yes, Jan, I agree wholeheartedly. Any paint with curved tapered lines for a Carenado aircraft will drive you to drink !

It definitely looks stunning

https://www.facebook.com/Carenado/

Greetings
    Tim

Milton yours is going to be hard to beat...
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by txnetcop View Post
    Milton yours is going to be hard to beat...
    Ted
    And it cost a whole lot less....

And Milt's D18 probably flies better and has better systems !
    Sue

Sometimes..........
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Corsair Obsidian 900D Full Tower. MSI X99A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM. Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 5960X Haswell-E LGA2011-3 8 Core @ 4.8GHz. Thermaltake Water 3 Riing RGB Cooler Premium Edition 6 x Riing 12 fans. Galax GeForce GTX 1080 HOF 8GB x2 SLI.
    Corsair Dominator Platinum 32G 2800MHz DDR4 Kit. LG BH16NS40 BluRay Reader/Writer. Corsair CMPSU-HX1000i FM 1000Watt x2.
    Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD x 3. Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD x1.
    Western Digital WD Gold 4TB Datacenter HDD.
    Acer Predator X34P 34inch IPS LED Curved Gaming Monitor 3440x1440 120Hz

Quote Originally Posted by Tim-HH View Post
    It definitely looks stunning
    I've submitted this livery for them to paint. It was ferried to Germany a few years back. I was able to meet the pilots and check out the plane... stunning

IMG_2330 by ryan b, on Flickr

IMG_2338 by ryan b, on Flickr
    FAA DLH ATCT
    PPL ASEL

|Win7 x64 | Gigabyte P67A UD4 B3 | Intel i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz | eVGA GTX570 1280MB | 2x4 GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance | 1TB Samsung Spinpoint | 120GB Mushin Callisto SSD | 36GB Raptor | 250GB Seagate | Seasonic X750w | Corsair 650D|

Looking forward to the D18 and will be a must have purchase for me, as it is one of my favorite aircraft. I will keep Milton's and the FCS model asa they fulfill different functions.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    I've submitted this livery for them to paint. It was ferried to Germany a few years back. I was able to meet the pilots and check out the plane... stunning

IMG_2330 by ryan b, on Flickr

IMG_2338 by ryan b, on Flickr
    I like trim around the cowling very similar to a Staggerwing. Would be interesting to see this same style in burgundy/cream or black/burgundy.

I'll be buying this Carenado model in a heartbeat/just as soon as it is released. A great, great choice of aircraft.

A Matt Younkin version would also be great

Members who have read this thread: 362