Revisiting the Alphasim TSR2 in FSX

Thread: Revisiting the Alphasim TSR2 in FSX

Hybrid View

Revisiting the Alphasim TSR2 in FSX

Hello
    I was just wondering after reading and using the excellent work and help that has gone into getting other "native" fs2004 aircraft to work in FSX (The captain sim F-104 and the Cloud 9 Phantom to name two) that the same could be applied to the Alphasim TSR-2 I have tried myself without much success to my disappointment , just wondered if anyone had done anything with it or had any tips / advice of where to start ??
    thank you in advance

I'm downloading and giving this one a try! https://www.fs-freeware.net/download...d-package.html

My Sim didn't like the cockpit on this one so I changed it to my b-58 panel.

Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Rob Richardson is working on an FsX native version: http://www.robertjamesrichardson.co.uk/index.html
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

A while back, while I was still working for Phil Perrott (AlphaSim & Virtavia), I asked him if I could put a team together for the purpose of updating the TSR2. He informed me that he did not own the aircraft source files and I would need to contact the owner. I did as he suggested and entered into discussions with that individual in an attempt to get permission to put a team together for the purpose of updating the aircraft. After some discussions we reached an impasse and unfortunately nothing came of it. I tried.

It will be great to have a new updated version to fly around in.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Rob Richardson is working on an FsX native version: http://www.robertjamesrichardson.co.uk/index.html
    That's great news since the Alphasim version was never made freeware after it stopped being sold -- original author's decision.

thanks for your replies , Forgive me for asking though , what I don't understand is that surely the aforementioned cloud nine phantom /capt sim c104 are not freeware either ? but yet people have done what's necessary to get them going in FSX ?? is it because the TSR is not as popular ?
    thank you .

Quote Originally Posted by top gun View Post
    thanks for your replies , Forgive me for asking though , what I don't understand is that surely the aforementioned cloud nine phantom /capt sim c104 are not freeware either ? but yet people have done what's necessary to get them going in FSX ?? is it because the TSR is not as popular ?
    thank you .
    I think the TSR2 is a popular subject. People are just respecting the wishes of the original developer. If you still have a personal copy, hack away but keep it to yourself.
    As mentioned in post #3 above, a brand new one is being developed by Rob Richardson that should fill everyone's "wants and desires".
    If you want to fly one in FSX today someone has already made the version by Kazunori Ito usable in FSX -- probably gauge swaps and FDE tweaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I checked the above link , could not find any mention of TSR 2 .

Can you please advise where it states that he is doing a TSR 2 model ? ?

Cheers
    Karol

He has for the moment ceased development of that model, the story of which can be noted here https://cbfsim.co.uk/cbfs_bb/viewtop...t=tsr2#p330884
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

It is possible to convert the Alphasim TSR2 to native FSX with ModelConvertorX, but it is a little fiddly. The weapons cannot be dynamically loaded so have to be done as static model variants. The cockpit is best left out and the model either aliased to another one, the T2 cockpit from Piglet is a good fit as the wings are in about the same position roughly, or as I did, graft the bathtub from the T2 into the TSR2 model.
    The flight dynamics need a bit of work as does the model setup in a suitable editer. But as already stated here, you cannot publish this as the author has not released the model for public consumption.

Cheers
    Paul

BTW She is awesome in FSX. Screaming towards Rostov on Don across the Black Sea at 50ft and Mach 1.2 is mind blowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    He has for the moment ceased development of that model, the story of which can be noted here https://cbfsim.co.uk/cbfs_bb/viewtop...t=tsr2#p330884
    Hi Paul,

Could you please give directions how to convert the FS9 TRS-2 model to FSX native with ModelConverterX?
    I have never done such an action before and ModelConverterX seems to convert to .bgl files....
    Anyhow thanks in advance for replying.

Greetings Jan.

Members who have read this thread: 0