Well this is not good, what a mess.

Thread: Well this is not good, what a mess.

Well this is not good, what a mess.

So I learned the hard way that if I had my choice of loosing the SSD with the Prepar3d v4 installed or the SSD with the OS, I'd pick to loose the flight sim. My SSD with Windows 7 died on me so I installed a new SSD and decided to upgrade to Windows 10 while I was at it. I'm thinking that this won't be that bad as I have my add-ons installed the "correct" way outside of the simulator directory. Well I've been at this for days now trying to get back to where I was and thought I was finally there. I launch P3D and pick an add-on plane to test and finish setting up my controllers but the aircraft is a mess because of all the freak'n security put on these things. So now I'm asking myself why did I bother to set these up outside the sim directory if I have to re-install everything anyway.

Am I missing something in this process? I thought the reason P3D set up the add-ons this way was to make it easier if you had to perform a re-install. I'm going to lunch.

LouP

Hello,
    I expect that you will have lost all the P3D xml files when you lost your system disk.
    Unfortunately, they are stored in C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons.
    Despite its present problems with 32 bit simulators, Windows 10 seems to be P3D v4 friendly.
    Regards,
    Nick

Yep that's one of the draw backs of the addons folder being seperate

And one of the many why i refuse to have a addons folder

I keep everything co located

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Yep that's one of the draw backs of the addons folder being seperate

And one of the many why i refuse to have a addons folder

I keep everything co located
    I have the add-ons folder on the same drive as the sim as a kinda "best of both worlds" configuration.

You can have a completely separate ADD ons folder ( differnt drive) and nothing in the Documents folder if you use the Add-on Package method...

Jorge

Members who have read this thread: 0