I think I screwed up installation of this scenery!

Thread: I think I screwed up installation of this scenery!

I think I screwed up installation of this scenery!

I tried my best to take my time to install Henry Street's NAS Fallon, but obviously something ain't right! NC

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fallon.jpg   fallon2.jpg  

Some great looking paint jobs on some of the scenery items. Was this freeware? Are you sure it was by Henry Street and not Jim Dhaenens ?
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Some great looking paint jobs on some of the scenery items. Was this freeware? Are you sure it was by Henry Street and not Jim Dhaenens ?
    It is, in fact, Jim D's creation. I was in contact with Henry Street, and he kindly corrected me! Am re-downloading now. Hoping it works this time. NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    It is, in fact, Jim D's creation. I was in contact with Henry Street, and he kindly corrected me! Am re-downloading now. Hoping it works this time. NC
    Looks OK on my end, Chief!

Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

All fixed! Must have been corrupted file. All okie dokie now! NC

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fallonnow.jpg  

But, where are the white aircraft shelters for the flightlines?
    It seemed like as soon as the Israelis put 10 up at MCAS Yuma for the Kfir's, they spread through the Corps, and Navy Shore Stations, like a wildfire! Especially the desert locations, and Fallon qualifies.
    Great idea, too. We had a constant stream of second and third degree burns on hands and arms from people touching a plane out on the line during the day. Not even summer, just, daytime. It gets a tad warm in Yuma, after all. The shelters put a stop to that, or at least reduced it rather dramatically. Cheap, easy to put up, really a very good thing to have.

I will say though, those air/electric stations and the concrete textures sure look familiar. Needs some Roll-around Halon and PKP extinguishers, though. We had them all over the place, out on the flightlines. Almost as tall as a human, a dull red (after time in the sun, everything gets dull, trust me, even the people). Other than that, really, a great scenery!
    I still think it needs the shelters, however.
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Indeed Fallon does have some shelters on their flight line now, although they did not when I went there on dets. NC

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fallonreal.jpg  

The sun shades are pretty much on every fighter ramp. The ones from most Military AI Works packages can be converted to FSX, although the FS9 worked for years. Just need ADE to add them. I'm normally at Fallon beta testing with the ranges close by, I use JD's stuff with freeware Blue Sky scenery photoreal, just need some snow on the mountain LZs.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    The sun shades are pretty much on every fighter ramp. The ones from most Military AI Works packages can be converted to FSX, although the FS9 worked for years. Just need ADE to add them. I'm normally at Fallon beta testing with the ranges close by, I use JD's stuff with freeware Blue Sky scenery photoreal, just need some snow on the mountain LZs.
    Never used ADE. Can Instant Scenery 3 do the same as well? NC

Members who have read this thread: 0