Chaseplane Replay System

Thread: Chaseplane Replay System

Chaseplane Replay System

Just found out that the team of FSFX will add a replay system to chaseplane soon. It has, among other goodies, a feature like the later FSRecorder versions had, which has long been missed. It renders frames and is virtually stutter free.

Check

Can't wait until this comes out!

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Blog Entries
    This is BIG.

I had a feeling these devs would address this one gap in P3D. I sure miss the FSRecorder. With the completely flexible static cameras, and a recorder, the possibilities are endless.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Blog Entries
    I'm frankly surprised that this thread has seen no interest.

ChasePlane released the update today, including the replay and hot corners additions. I can't wait to experiment with the replay feature. Between the Chaseplane update and the SBX news, I feel a bit like Christmas has arrived early.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Concerning the replay and the famous "play as AI" from FSRecorder, I have been using a similar feature proposed by one of the cross-platform network flight tools, perhaps JoinFS if I'm not mistaken. The feature is a bit basic, but it works very well just like FSRecorder did.
    But if Chaseplane integrate this feature with additional goodies or better usability, it's a good news indeed

Blog Entries
    ChasePlane Replay and Hot Corners First Look

I've had a cursory look at the Replay feature. I did a taxi and take off sequence using the recording capabilities of Replay. I was then able to replay the sequence and jump to all of my interior, exterior and static camera presets that I had created prior to the update.

For me, this is a huge development and much anticipated. Now I need to spend some quality time with the interface and learn it's full capabilities and idiosyncrasies.

The hot corner are a nice addition as well. There are now eight locations in the screen "frame" that will select views by simply rolling the mouse over the programmed hot spots. Nice...I don't have to access an external menu to access favorites. For videographers who use a capture that excludes the mouse cursor this feature will allow camera changes while showing no unsightly cursor movements across the scene.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks for the insights, Gordon. Sounds fantastic.
    I'll check it out tonight!

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

I've been looking for a replacement for FSRecorder. Will it allow you to payback an aircraft as AI and you fly in formation with it?
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Where do I find the Chase Plane?

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Thanks Chris.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by docjohnson View Post
    I've been looking for a replacement for FSRecorder. Will it allow you to payback an aircraft as AI and you fly in formation with it?
    I've only had a couple of hours with it today Doc, but from what I can see the recorder is in it's early stages. I watched the presentation video and the developers say that they intend to make this feature one of the strong points of the software.

Right now I have the ability to fly a flight.

The recorder keeps a twenty minute record of the flight on a time line. I did a point to point flight of about ten minutes duration.
    Once I start the recorder it puts the timeline at a pre determined spot.

The replay begins and I can use any of the cameras available in ChasePlane and P3D, but the cameras are specific to the flight and airplane. I'm not seeing the ability to replay the flight as AI and fly formation or wing man, but I'll but a dollar that the devs will build that feature in as the Replay feature builds out.

What I did notice is that the super smooth cameras are now two to four times more efficient with less resources required to run the softrware. Cameras are absolutely smooth with no stutters whatsoever. This is huge.

All in all I think the money I spent early on was worth what I bought then, now it is a screaming deal for everything the software has become.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks for the insight, I'll take a look at the beta and also try the JoinFS recording mentioned by Daube.
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

$US39 for something still in beta? Not my kettle of fish.

Cheers
    Pat

Blog Entries
    Performance observations after the update.

After the new ChasePlane update with the Replay feature and re-code for better performance I saw some dramatic improvements over what was already great performance.

I have a test scenario that I fly for side by side evaluation of various add-ons. Prior to the update I was making 100 to 120 FPS with no blurries or stutters. There were some very tiny camera pan stutters if I held the hot key or hat switch for a pan. After the update I make 125 to 150 frames solid in the exact same setup. Better yet, no micro-stutters at all from the panning cameras.

I have a video in the works that shows fps and CPU/GPU usage over an extended flight. I'm going to re-fly that same scenario and document the improvements I'm talking about. That will take a few days, but I'll share that here when it is done.

I've got to give ChasePlanec extremely good marks. Pat makes a good point about it being Beta, but IMO the product is extremely strong at this stage. My video work has gone to a whole new level.
    Thomas Jefferson

Members who have read this thread: 0