Classic Hangar Bf-109 textures

Thread: Classic Hangar Bf-109 textures

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries

Classic Hangar Bf-109 textures

I've installed CH's Bf-109 series and as usual the swastika is missing from the rudder on the textures that come with the series. Add-on textures almost all have the swastika on them so they're not an issue. Add-on and historically-accurate markings are available for their Fw-190 series. I was wondering if anyone has ever seen add-on, historically-accurate rudder markings for any of their Bf-109s.

SSI, when I bought the FW-190 series, Classic Hangar had a separate file they provided that added the historical tail markings. You might
    try browsing their forum as I believe they provided the link there for the markings. Just an idea.

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I thought about that, too - having all the Fws, I noted the remarked tail package and downloaded it. I'll have another look at the Bf files.

For a minute I thought we had a new 109!

Cees

Little confusing here...

Classic Hangars has the FW-190 series and the Bf-108 Taifun. So I assume that SSI01 is referring to the later.

The only Bf-109 is by Flying Replicas.

Anyways, I'm not aware of any historical tail markings for the Bf-108 Taifun.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

For Classic Hangar Bf-108 You can find many skins on Flightsim/Avsim with historical markings.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

You can find the correct tail markings for all the Classsics Hangar FW 190 here:

http://www.italianwings.it/
    alx

Melius esse quam videri

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Sorry, guys, I screwed this up. Surgery tomorrow and it's been on my mind a little!

I was referring to the Flight Replicas Bf-109s and the historically-accurate texture add-on. I checked on CH's Fws and noted there are like 5 or 6 different additions to the basic textures (none for the Fw-190D9 or Ta-152, though). I've downloaded those and installed them. The -190D9s and the -152 had a broader chord fin and rudder, slightly different shape than any of the radial-engined Fws so I don't think any of the CH texture updates for the -190 will work on them. Too bad.

I'll take a look at the FR home page and see if they have those markings as an optional download for the -109s

As for the FR Bf-109K, look on the Flight Replicas web site. Under downloads is a link for historical fin markings. I just tested the link and it still works for alternate markings for the Bf-109.
    -- WH

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    OK, Thanks, WarHorse. I'll take a look at that probably when I get home tomorrow.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I went to that site - actually now hosted through Sky Unlimited. After clicking on "Flight Replicas" on the short list of represented developers in the upper right side of the SU site, I got the list of the FR products. There are downloads there; the write-ups for the Bf-109K-4 type mentions 12 detailed and historically-accurate textures; however I think they're referring to the matching of the colors on the schemes to the RLM numbers for those colors. None of the thumbnails for those 12 textures shows a swastika on the aircraft. Just for fun I used DXT.bmp to check on the included .dds textures for those K models - none of them have the swastika.

Can you tell me where you found that "downloads" section, I went to that FR products section that's hosted by Sky Unlimited and can't find anything relating to texture additions, at least in the downloads section for each of the -109 variants.

SSI01,

If you are on the Flight Replicas website, it shouldn't take you to the Sky Unlimited one.

Here is the page on the FR site for downloading the swastika fin markings for the individual FS2004 Bf109G, K, and Me262 packages.

(There are none for the 109F though).

http://www.flight-replicas.com/Downloads.htm

You'll need to scroll down a bit - they are listed after the updates for FSX L-4 Grasshopper/Piper Cub.

Don't know if they will work with the Flight 1 CD version you have, and I'm not sure if Flight 1 have any updates for it to add the swastikas.

Cheers

Paul

Please read page 25 of the manual for the Flight Replicas Bf-109K.

My manual indicates "optional fuselage textures can be found in the texture folders that will allow a fully authentic fin to be depicted."

In each of the original texture folders are two additional folders for alternate fin markings.
    -- WH

Members who have read this thread: 0